View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Worst trick for spoilers to spoil
svengali dck 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Balducci levitation 36%  36%  [ 16 ]
Ambitious card 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Pen thru dollar 31%  31%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject: A SPOILER!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRHH
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:03 pm 
Penguin

Please vote in my pole for your most frequently spoilt trick , if you have one to add just post a reply or pm me
heres my heckler story ,if you have one just post it or pm me

:evil:

A while ago i showed my teacher the balducci levitation and she was absolutely flabbergasted!
she gave me one of my best ever reactions, she said, how the edited did you do that,
i shrugged and was on my way out the door when i heard this kid i dont like go, "i know miss ...watch...) he must have seen how i did it or something ,(i didnt know he was watching)
he went "look"... and did the WORST EVER BALDUCCI LEVITATION UP AND DOWN AND UP AND DOWN, (AND HERES THE WORST BIT)
HE WAS BLOODY FACING HER!!!!!!!!!!!!
he completely exposed it and now everone knows,
what a little , attention seeking Bas***d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:02 am 
born to perform.

I haven't had any of the listed tricks spoiled much, besides once or twice when I was first performing Ambitious Card.

As for the Balducci, I would find another levitation. That one's been heavily exposed on the internet and national television. It can be deceptive, but I'm not a big fan of the angles, and I easily figured out how it was done the first time I saw it since it reminds me of a breakdancing move lol.

If you have troubles with pen thru dollar, you should definitely put some work into it. It's a simple trick, and I fool people all the time with it. Never been caught yet.

As for Svengali, I never use it. In my opinion, you can only safely perform one effect with that deck before putting it away. My friend has one, and the "gimmick" looks too obvious to me. If you insist on gimmicked decks, I hear the Stripper isn't bad, but you can never go wrong with a regular deck and practice.

Good luck with your future performances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

I've been in that situation before and I ignored it - 9/10 times someone as old as a teacher will not believe the less talented boy. It's okay dude, if you show her an equally impressive trick then she'll continue to regard you as great at magic and forget about the other A hole!

The worst trick ruined for me is always the Ambitious card, I hate it when they say 'NAH! you just held two cards!' and I almost burst with rage esspeccially when the other person was enjoying it.
When this happens focus your attention on the person who didn't blab and ignore the heckler - Have a look at how Gregory Willson ignores the guy who blabbed on how he did one part of his recap trick and talked to the other (look at the OTS demo) - very effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:30 am 
Penguin

I HATE SPOILERS, THEY DONT WONT TO BE ENTERTAINED, SO WHY DONT THEY F*** OFF, OOHHH NO THEY'D RATHER STAY AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE THUS COMPLETING TOTAL ANIALATION OF ANY EFFECT OR ROUTINE THAT YOU PRACTISED YOUR ARSE OFF FOR WEEKS ON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

pigin wrote:
I HATE SPOILERS, THEY DONT WONT TO BE ENTERTAINED, SO WHY DONT THEY F*** OFF, OOHHH NO THEY'D RATHER STAY AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE THUS COMPLETING TOTAL ANIALATION OF ANY EFFECT OR ROUTINE THAT YOU PRACTISED YOUR ARSE OFF FOR WEEKS ON

You don't have to yell. Just chill out and don't worry about the jerk.

As far as the Wilson OTS demo, he is always good to watch to learn about misdirection. But with Recap, the spec is going to figure out several of the moves at some point--they have to or you have to point them out. You just want to stay ahead of them so they never know what hit them--magic that is. That is the main reason to study Wilson--he is great at doing something obvious when you least expect it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:33 am 
Penguin

Pen through dollar is the worst if you are standing next to anything metal. Watch where you do it or someone will spoil it.