View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HOW TO DEAL WITH HECKLERS!!! BOOOYAAAAH!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:57 am 
Penguin

:shock: Hecklers are a fun bunch to deal with...In school, they have pretty much no brains and need to be put down for good. if they say 'Oh, u just palmed the card' you reply "WHA!?! you have a hairy palm? Please keep your personal life to yo self" If the dumb heckler says, 'Oh, its just sleight of hand'...then u respond..."Yep, sure was, just ask your girlfriend/mom how my sleight of hand was last nite"!! If the punk kid says..."It's just stupid magic, no one even cares!!" you respond..."Hey, it's not stupid!! your girlfriend wants to see my "Rising Wand" after school." I could go on and on about comebacks to make the heckler feel stupid and make everyone around him laugh at him hysterically. It werks like a charm, i promise...They'll just watch you do your thing, or just leave when your around. Let me know how it goes!!! OR your could do this:

i'd perform 'The Pea Can' trick it'll guarantee that they will be humilated b4 all of the ladies, hence they'll think twice bout blabbing at the mouth. If u really want to get them going, tell them u gonna show them some magic, but u really need to use the restroom badly. go in there, use really warm water and fill it for the Pea Can. Then go out and perform it for the heckler. He'll feel that warm liquid on his hands and scream. If u really can't stand a certain person, do the same in the bathroom, BUT use real pea to fill it up!! LOL!! Just make sure you're able to defend yourself cuz he might swing at ya!! But i guarantee the girls will laugh at him and will never shake or hold his yellow hand again!! tell me how it goes!! either way, your in a win-win situation!!
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=609

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:58 am 
Penguin

wow...are you sure you are in magic for real ? or you are just a darn show-off wannabee like many others that just want to be cool ?

because from what I read you really don't know a thing abot magic and I can't believe you're actually giving this as advices...because those are probably the worst advices I have ever read! good job on showing your ignorance man lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:04 pm 
Penguin

i bet my bottom dollar im more skilled than you ever thought of being. your'e prolly one of the people i humiliated during my performances and the ladies laughed at you. You then decided to go buy a TT and be a "MAGICIAN" wow!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:07 pm 
Penguin

And if u didnt read, this is for hecklers only. not just the crowd in general. this is my way of handling them, the crowd always laughs, the heckler shuts up, and we go on..this werks for me, maybe not you. im curious as to how u handle hecklers? or do u perform for others other than your immediate family or mirror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:10 pm 
Penguin

well I guess that when you talk of skill you're talking about sleight of hand...maybe you know more than me on this subject but that doesn't mean anything...I can actually bet you don't even know what the word presentation means lmao

and don't even try to say the opposite...but with those advices it,s just obvious that you know so little about magic...I don't have to prove myself because I don't need the critics of other magicians...and specially not people like you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:16 pm 
Penguin

hey, i got skills in public and know how to deal with hecklers. apparently u don't. u just get ran over like a freight train. u still didnt answer my questions previously, please ellaborate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:25 pm 
Penguin

one rule I've learned is NEVER humiliate a spectator...or else how do you think they'll enjoy the performance and the magic ? plus the rest of the audience will probably see you like a jerk for being so rude with somebody.

For me, I'd like everyone to enjoy the performance...hecklers or not. So when there is hecklers, don't humiliate them but instead work with them. Try to find a way to include them in the performance and give them some attention too because they like that...but don't give them bad attention like by humiliating them. The best way to make them enjoy the magic would be effect that are maybe self-working (so that hey can't screw it) and 1) is happening in their hand or 2) they are doing the magic so that in either way they'll be impress as to how it happened in their hand and/or they'll feel special as they just did the magic and it ill make them feel great and will see you as a nice guy and won't try to make you like an idiot.

Never challenge you're spectators too (hecklers or not) because they'll then all become like tough cookies and their only goal will be to bst you and win. Try to avoid any competition at all in your performance.

But again, that's what I learned and do...maybe what you do actually works for you but I doubt it can actually make a really great performance and everyone enjoying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Wow...you guys should get married. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:34 pm 
Penguin

i guess my previous recommendations are a 'worst situation' example. i too try to werk with them a bit, get them involved, but if they are complete jerks trying to bust me up, then i take care of them swiftly. i do such a good job, never once have they come back during another performance and heckled. but i think it kinda depends on what kinda performer you are. if you are working in a restaurant, then u cant use my advice. if you work for hotel, u can't use my advice. My advice is strictly for the street performer encountering hecklers that cant be handled at all. just make sure that u can handle yourself, cuz they might take a swing lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:37 pm 
Penguin

Frijid_Pink wrote:
Wow...you guys should get married. :lol:

lmao it would be even shorter than Britney Spears one that lasted 55 hours LMAO

anyway yes LuNaTiK it sems we are pretty different in our performances and I couldn't really do that becaus I can't really make fun of someone I don't know...it's just me. But anyway I think there is way to handle them without getting so rude, even if you hate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:41 pm 
Penguin

ya, the marriage wouldnt' last long because we are both MALES!!! lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:12 pm 
born to perform.

Well firstly, I don't believe you've ever used those comebacks in oublic. Secondly, I would never use a comeback like that for 2 reasons:
1) Humiliating someone is a comedy act, not a magicians performance.
2) If i was a spectator and a magician said one of those comebacks to me I would beat the sh*t out of him, so I wouldn't use those comebacks for my own sake because if I'd beat up someone for that who's to say they won'y beat me up for the same thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:17 pm 
Penguin

thats just me. if someone can act like an A$$ and can't take a cut down? if he wants to fight, so be it, lets roll. this is just my way of handing things, it may not be in the best interest for you or anyone else. but u can't argue that it's not good for me because i have proven time and time again that it does werk for myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

But don't think of yourself as an entertainer pulling of that kind of talk to an audience member. that's why I get paid for magic and you don't, it just takes respect and focus to handle the audience without lashing out.
And on few occassions yes i do get absolutely horrible spectators. But I've learned to get them back with a touch of creativity and magic. Instead of lungung out with clever comebacks, make a magic trick out of the sceneiro:
I've had someone say I was palming a card (which i was in my synergy trick) and he started telling everybody about it and then, to my anger, said 'Twat can't do a trick to save his life'. My policy is to take insults and play on them to make the audience laugh with me and not at me and making the heckler calm down realsing that I'm actually a nice guy. But I couldn't think of anything to say about his behaviour so I said 'No no no, you come here, yeah come here, that wasn't palming at all, this is palming i'll show you how we do it.' I then had him hold his hands out and place two cards in each of his palms as I held his wrist. I told him the cards would switch places and of course he was curious about how palming would help me. When I removed my hands nothing happened and he said 'Nothing happened mate, you didn't palm anything?' and i was like 'oh dear, your right, but stick around and I'll give you another example' What i had done was stolen his wrist watch using a watch steal and had it in my pocket. He was unaware and so was everyone else. I did an ambitious card routine and got some good reactions and then said to this heckler 'see, that one did some palming in it' and he said 'Nah mate, I saw you pick up two cards at the end when you bent it' which angered me more but what happened next erased everyones memory of what he just said. So i quickly said 'No, your wrong, it was palming' I then took his watch out of my wallet and held it in my palm for all to see. Needless to say he stuck around for more and kept his mouth shut throughout.

The thing is if I insulted him then I might've missed out on such a rare oppurtunity to do this trick and could've made everyone else think that I'm rude. Use magic instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:39 pm 
Penguin

i think you handle hecklers well. the watch steal is a nice touch!!