View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:37 am 
born to perform.

Dosn't really matter how you deal with them, as long as you do. Sure it's fun to get a laugh at them, you know you want ot on the inside (atleast i always do). Any way, i dont do it like Lunatik but whatever works for him is fine in my oppinion. I ussually let the audience decide. I say "no more magic until you quit heckling (of course in layman terms) or leave" Then the audience ussually just makes him/her leave. This ussually is only if i know these people, such as school friends and people like that. I other things at paid preformances though, along with street magic and walk arounds! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:11 pm 
Penguin

I have what some might call an unusual method for dealing with hecklers. I'll simply stop my act, stare at the heckler and hold my breath, bearing down to make the veins in my forehead engorge. I then roll back my eyes, collapse on the floor, flailing my limbs as if having a seizure. To add to the realism I'll often soil myself.
Oh wait- that's how I get out of working at my regular job. Sorry for wasting your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:54 pm 
born to perform.

partyboy13 wrote:
one rule I've learned is NEVER humiliate a spectator...

Why not? They were trying to humiliate you in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:46 pm 
born to perform.

Lawboy wrote:
partyboy13 wrote:
one rule I've learned is NEVER humiliate a spectator...

Why not? They were trying to humiliate you in the first place.

They were trying to catch you with it (show the crowd you lying). If you humiliate them then the crowd will think you mean. Well, thats only if you humiliate them back mean way. Otherwise one joke or two is fine to get them back on track. Otherwise the crowd may think some bad things.

-Freds

Post subject: yah
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:58 pm 
Penguin

Let me end this by sayin that lunitik is the most ungreatful magician ever to walk the earth I thank god for the people who try to teell him this but ti no avail, Therefor I think that lunatik is a selfish brat who couldn't pulloff or deal with the out come of those remarks if he was paid

Thank u
Brockensword

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:29 pm 
Penguin

ummmm...ok...apparently u don't know me so i'll forgive you for your foolish responce :D i've made it clear that this is a last resort that works for me and probably not suited for everyone. but most kids who respond don't read AND comprehend very good, so i forgive you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:29 am 
Penguin

NO, what ive said is my opinion directed toward other people who are casually looking upon this topic and notice that your being extremely rude to even your "last resort" specs. anyway this was directed toward the people who read this topic and just to let them no about you past posts and how I felt about them so there is no need to make yourself look like an idiot and "forgive me" for stating my own TRUE opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:37 am 
Penguin

well, look at your previous post. your'e attacking me, so i responded. so im ungrateful? ummm, ok. a selfish brat? ummm, ok again. sounds like your a either a lil teenager who just hit puberty. or one who just got outta of the teenage yrs and think that u know a lot. anyways, this topic is about what i do and if ya dont like it, then don't do it. and if kids don't have the attention span to read the entire post, then boooo hoooo!! :roll: And yes, i can pull off all the things i previously said, and i can back myself up, thank you. 8) doubt it? i invite u down to colorado springs. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:45 pm 
born to perform.

FILM : Billy Madison wrote:
We should all be dumber for listening to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:40 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
And yes, i can pull off all the things i previously said, and i can back myself up, thank you.

It's a lucky thing for you, LuNaTiK, that nobody has ever invented guns. Or knives. Or pepperspray. Or karate. Given that none of those exist, then yes, you should have no problem bailing yourself out of whatever trouble your hostile attitude gets you into.

Of course, if any of those things really do exist, sooner or later your attitude will be involuntarily adjusted for you. Good luck, and don't forget to treat the hospital staff in the emergency room better than you do your audiences. :P

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:48 pm 
Penguin

and who's to say that i don't have any of the above mentioned? :lol: and yes, any penguin that i would ever meet, would need a gun, knife, or pepperspray. lol and as for people on the street? i can handle those situations too, thank you. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:53 pm 
born to perform.

Oh, sorry, Superman! I thought you were some magician from my planet. My mistake. Can I have your autograph? Just use your heat vision on this titanium alloy plate, thanks! So, do you still miss Krypton?

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:14 pm 
Penguin

like i've said before...most magicians are introverted, insecure, unpopular(while not doing magic) and are mainly pushovers. Robert, you are a case in point. wimpy magicians passify hecklers, and are afraid to stand up to the worst of them. u guys tuck your tails, and run when there's confontation. booooo hooooo!!! you'll never get anywhere running from confrontations. Thank you, and yes, i've built up my immune system to kryptonite. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

Civilized magicians don't get the kind of hecklers you generate. Thus, we don't need to deal with them. Simple. By the way, how many years did you serve in the US armed forces? Six years in the Navy for me. I'd advise you to be more careful about tossing around epithets like "pushover" and "wimp" to total strangers. If I thought you had the mental capacity to profit from such advice, that is!

Have fun antagonizing your audience while you can still find one. That won't be long.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:25 pm 
Penguin

Lunatik, please tell me you are just acting as an idiot for fun...or aren't you? :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next