View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First for me...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:22 pm 
Penguin

I'm at school and i did something and some kid who is like a show-off or just an attention getter. HE and his friend were playing with i think a techdeck and it fell on the floor. I picked it up and tried to flip it, the kid laughed (naturally) and said your so fake.. HUH? he said your not even a real magician he said all your tricks are fake... Ok how do i respond to that. This kid is a moron and thinks that a "magician" really have special powers and can fly like superman. So how do i respond? Thanks and ne other comebacks you can think of share... Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:36 am 
born to perform.

Well here's atip: get good at magic so that you can fool him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
whose deck of cards was it? yours or the other guys? and what do you mean by "I tried to flip it"?

if you were performing and this happened, I would advise you to practice more before performing again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:37 pm 
born to perform.

If the kid is like that he will never believe that you can do magic so just say something like "Oh my god! You actually think magic is real? What a moron." Or you could just say "so?" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:29 pm 
Penguin

freiburgflyer wrote:
whose deck of cards was it? yours or the other guys? and what do you mean by "I tried to flip it"?

if you were performing and this happened, I would advise you to practice more before performing again.

Ok i think you guys misunderstood. (thats understandible, lol)

He was playing with a tech-deck (Mini...mini skatebord aka fingerboard) i tried to flip it and i suck at it. He then radomly said your so fake. You cant even do real magic.

I didnt do ne thing, but he knows i do magic and ive shown him a few tricks did them flawlessly but as ne layme thinks it just a trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:01 pm 
Penguin

Well maybe he thought it was just a trick because it was just a trick! :lol:
Perhaps you need to work on your performance.

What were the tricks that you did on him? Maybe someone can give some pointers on performing them better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:36 am 
Penguin

I would bide my time with this one; then totally fry him with a book test or floating bill or something when no one else is around. Then refuse to do it again. If you do this, be prepared to undergo high demand for your magic, as if you do well he will likely not shut up about it for a very long time, and you will gain a reputation through word of mouth. If you're as good as you should be, this will be a benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:04 am 

It may be that you performed your trick flawlessly. You could learn to float for real or mass produce diamonds from your ear lobes, but if the presentation does no effect on your spec, all you did was a trick. Magic is a performance, not just handling cards and gimmicks. I would just advise you to work on the presentation. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:29 am 
born to perform.

I don't think anyone knows what anyone else here is talking about.

Anyway, why do you have to say anything. You don't have to prove anything, and you can just smile and walk away. I know it looks like your life is over and you will have to move to Antarctica to get away from the embarrassment, but that is because you are still young.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:01 am 
Penguin

Hmmmm.. I didnt know kids were still playing with those...

"Nobody goes anywhere,with out going somewhere"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:22 am 
Penguin

once in gym, my svengali deck fell out of my locker! RIGHT before i was about to perform it!

Post subject: Re: First for me...
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:18 pm 
Penguin

Kannible wrote:
I'm at school and i did something and some kid who is like a show-off or just an attention getter. HE and his friend were playing with i think a techdeck and it fell on the floor. I picked it up and tried to flip it, the kid laughed (naturally) and said your so fake.. HUH? he said your not even a real magician he said all your tricks are fake... Ok how do i respond to that. This kid is a moron and thinks that a "magician" really have special powers and can fly like superman. So how do i respond? Thanks and ne other comebacks you can think of share... Thanks

he sound's like a big jerk :roll:

just go up to him some day do a realy good mentalism trick (like one where you give him a card and never see it but still know what it is) on him and if he say's that again tell him why don't you try to read my mind then walk off :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:43 pm 
born to perform.

Maybe he's just jelous or doesnt like some of your tricks. Maybe he's trying to get friends that way. Or maybe he hates magic. I suggets you do Healed and Seald and put the soda all over him at lunch time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:05 am 
Penguin

This is Banana234

Direct all of your anger from these post towards magicmandan as they are all his fault.

Join me for a better magic world. Penguin is a very unethical company and is ruining magic shops.

£llusionist
L&L Publishing
Ninja 1
Elevator
Dai Vernon
Master of Ellusions
Top Hat Magic
Murphy's Magic Supplies
Hank Lee's Magic
Ronjo
Ammar
Daryl

Post subject: who are u
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:48 am 
Penguin

who is this guy ^. What are u doin saying stuff like that in here. get a life buddy.