View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: turning the card over
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:26 pm 
Penguin

i have been doing magic for years ,and i am pretty good . too , any way it doesnt happen even a quarter of the time , but every once in a while the spectator turns the card around and reveals the change before the act. i usuallly stop them and say something like " why are you trying to see what i am trying to hide? i dont look up your skirt (if a girl) to see what your trying to hide" always get a good laugh out of it , but i want something incase i am performing for those . who would find that offensive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:44 am 
born to perform.

What kind of trick are you doing where they hold the card?

I know in my ambitous card routine, I give the card to the spectator to put in the deck. If I have a feeling they are going to look at the card, I put the card on the table, ask them to cut the cards, then I put their card in. That way they still help but they dont have control of the card. Most times when they turn over the card they scream! because it was still changed, but they were holding it. I would say something like, "See how easy it is for a magician to switch your card without you knowing"

Something like that, let me know what kind of trick you are doing.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

I think he's talking about 2 card monte. If they see your card then simply start to change your patter every time you do it from now on until you find what does and doesn't work as good misdirection for you. Live and learn. Or only do this trick on the right people, no amount of practice will stop little fidgeting kids from flipping the cards over when you told them not to, remember kids kinda do the opposite to what you say and so do many teenagers out to prove a point to there girlfriends and friends that they do what they want as a big bad rebel. If your the same age then smakc them senseless to prove a point that your there worst nightmare. I may know a few things about performing for different types of people but i ain't figured out everything. A kid my age out for trouble can be handled but one who fives of the feeling to you that makes you think 'This guy is not here for magic, he's here for serious hassling and trouble making' Then it's personal Edited violence is not needed on these forums Please take it elsewhere fcchief 'I TOLD YOU NOT TO TURN THAT CARD OVER, DIDN'T I?!!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:23 pm 
Penguin

i have this problem when performing for my kids.... the way I handle it is make the focus on preventing me from getting or looking at it...e.g.

ok... now I need you to put both hands on this card to make sure I don't pull a quick switch without you knowing and I need you to keep it so I there's no chance of me accidently seeing it....

it usually works cause they are so intent on making sure I'm not going to do something tricky, they lose focus on the card. remember magic is more manipulation than anything.