View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do it with my pen!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:29 am 
Penguin

OK so i have been doin the "pen through dollar" trick for about 3 or 4 months now, and I usually get the response hmm about 3/10 times " do that with my pen!".

What is a good way to getting out of this sticky situation?I've been pondering on it for a while now and the best I have came up with is; "Do it with your pen? can i do it with your dollar?

Does anyone have any suggestions to this? HELP!

"Nobody goes anywhere, without going somewhere"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:14 am 
Penguin

When they say "Do that with my pen"!, I would take their pen (assuming it's a pen with a cap) and say "let me show you something else" and I would start doing Recap Revisited.

If you don't know how to do Recap, you can find it on Gregory Wilson's On The Spot DVD or in the book Art of Astonishment Volume 1 by Paul Harris.

Hope this helps. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:24 am 
born to perform.

where do you normally do the trick? like.. just for your friends? my advice is to do it in the form of street magic.. and go up to someone (without a purse or anything like that) and ask them to borrow a pen.. chances are that 9 times out of 10 they'll say they don't have one.. and then just say "ok.. then i'll do it with my pen" and if they say yes.. just look at te pen.. say something like.. "ok.. not the right color ink".. and walk off.. so they have no idea what you were about to do.. and you don't look like a complete idiot.. and then when you get someone who DOESN'T have one.. which most people won't.. just say what i told you above.. that way they think that you COULD do it with any pen.. but you just didn't because THEY didn't have one.. i mean... put yourself in their postion.. after the trick was over.. they'd probably be thinking.. 'wow! that was cool.. and if i did have a pen.. he'd do it with that one' because you already asked them for one.. but i was THEIR fault for not having one.. know what i'm saying?..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:44 am 
Penguin

O I do this trick just about every where. Like if I'm at the store and getting ready to pay, and freak out the cashier.Thanks a bunch. Never would have thouht of that.

Jeff

"No one goes anywhere, with out going somewhere"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:34 pm 
born to perform.

Just say: If I'm using your pen, can I use your dollar too? I'm not sure if it will work this time... Either they'll give you a dollar or just refuse to. If they refuse to, show them another trick, if they give it to you, stab a hole through the dollar, say: "Sorry, guess it didn't work this time." And then say wait, if I fold it like this, this, and that, it heals itself... Then do a bill switch or something, of course, by doing this, you probably lose a dollar, but some machines are dumb enough to accept it and you can get bills replaced at the bank or something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:36 am 
Penguin

well when someone says do it with my pen i just say... a good magician never does a trick more than once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:21 am 
born to perform.

Get Misled. Then you can counter with, "I just did it with a pen. Do you have a pencil?" If they do, borrow it and do Misled. If not, take out your own pencil, pass it around for examination, and do Misled. That should take the heat off the pen entirely.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:08 pm 
born to perform.

or do dough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:14 pm 
born to perform.

DarthVader wrote:
or do dough...

NOOOOOO!!!! DO NOT DO THAT TRICK.. BECAUSE THEN.. RIGHT AFTER THEY SEE IT GO THROUGH A PLAIN BILL.. ALL OF THE SUDDEN.. THEY ASK YOU TO DO IT WITH THEIRS.. AND YOU JUST "HAVE" TO USE A STICKY NOTE!?!?! NO ONE WILL FALL FOR IT.. DO NOT GET THAT TRICK..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:03 pm 
born to perform.

oops i got dough and misled mixed up

Post subject: Re: Do it with my pen!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:40 pm 
Penguin

JeffMagic90 wrote:
OK so i have been doin the "pen through dollar" trick for about 3 or 4 months now, and I usually get the response hmm about 3/10 times " do that with my pen!".

What is a good way to getting out of this sticky situation?I've been pondering on it for a while now and the best I have came up with is; "Do it with your pen? can i do it with your dollar?

Does anyone have any suggestions to this? HELP!

"Nobody goes anywhere, without going somewhere"

just say wait ill show you in a min. and do some more tricks and walk off without showing them like u said.im full of ideas tonight.lol. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

just go like, sure, can i borrow a piece of paper too. Then say how my pen has been trained to do this kinda stuff, so i need to kind of "blindfold" your pen, then do dough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:44 pm 
born to perform.

I say politely, "I'm a magician not God." or "I've tried that kind and they don't work" You may even go on further explaining that the molecular particles in the materials used to make it do not conform to the physical makeup of the paper currency. Then finish with, "With that type you will have to ask God to show you."

Sometimes they want you to use THEIR pen or THEIR something because they want to be able to tell THEIR friends what you did with THEIR item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:10 pm 
Penguin

If you do it the first time with your own bill and handle the pen freely and openly while being a little coy about the note then you'll probably change the follow up request to "Do it with my dollar"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:55 pm 
Penguin

yes i definetely agree with poking a huge hole through their bill!! It always gets a good laugh, and the person will stop bugging you to do the trick with their pen. I also do this with bite out quarter, when people bug me over and over and over and say that they know the secret, i go ," i can also do it with a dollar, and i rip the dollar in half, make some magic passes, and go, darn it worked last time....