View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: u suck or, thats so easy!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:38 pm 
Penguin

Location: at the stick, drinkin drinks, and lookin at a thing in a bag.
ne 1 no how to deal wit this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:39 pm 
born to perform.

i have one word.. RUN!!!

or.. if you're doing a certain trick.. you could say somthing like.. "Ok.. YOU do it.." most of the time.. they'll just look at you and walk away..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

just ignore them....usually they will start feeling like an idiot and decide to sgut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:45 pm 
Penguin

lol yeah just like streetmagicrocks said,.... tell them to do it, give them a quarter and tell them to bite it out! They wont and then tell other members of the audience something. The person will shut up and feel silly soon after trust me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:50 pm 

Magicman33 wrote:
lol yeah just like streetmagicrocks said,.... tell them to do it, give them a quarter and tell them to bite it out! They wont and then tell other members of the audience something. The person will shut up and feel silly soon after trust me...

Yep, fallen on this on many many occassions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

You either have some hardcore hecklers or you really need to practice. Anyways:

The Attack:
"You suck!"

Responses:
"I'd agree, but no one else seems to think so."
"Look, if you really wanted attention, you could run around this place naked. You might end up scaring some people though."
"I'd let you try, but according to you, this already looks bad enough."

The Attack:
"That's so easy!"

Responses:
"You're right, it is."
"When did I say it was hard?"

That's all I can really think of right now. None of its really that great lol, just dumb things that would come out of my mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

mysteriousone wrote:

OHHH.. MAN!! THAT'S GOOD!!!!!! i'm gonna use that if that situation ever comes up.. i LOVE that.. that is a GOOD ONE!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:39 pm 
Penguin

If you come off as unprofessional or as weak, people are going to run all over you. IT's like that in magic, work, school... LIFE PERIOD. So dont come off as weak to anyone, if people say, "o i saw that, or i know how you do it" they will soon forget what happened, since u are hitting them with so much effects. They will doubt themselves, no matter what. If one person saw something it will be too hard to explain to the other members of the audience. Trust me guys it works, just ignore the hecklers, and the other people with think that you are amazing. The hecklers can't help but have fun because if they figure out one thing in your effect, the other things wont add up, and soon enough they will get confused! This is my way to handle hecklers.

Post subject: Re: u suck or, thats so easy!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

alienc23 wrote:
ne 1 no how to deal wit this?
say "yuou think its easy, then you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:54 am 

mysteriousone wrote:
You either have some hardcore hecklers or you really need to practice. Anyways:

The Attack:
"You suck!"

Responses:
"I'd agree, but no one else seems to think so."
"Look, if you really wanted attention, you could run around this place naked. You might end up scaring some people though."
"I'd let you try, but according to you, this already looks bad enough."

The Attack:
"That's so easy!"

Responses:
"You're right, it is."

That's all I can really think of right now. None of its really that great lol, just dumb things that would come out of my mouth.

This is a guy that knows how to deal with hecklers. Nice. This is great stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:07 pm 
Penguin

retrac wrote:
Reguarding "you suck and that's so easy."

Reply by saying, "I can say the same about your girlfriend but you don't hear me shouting that out!"

lol :lol:

OH My god thats is hilarious i am going to have to use that on somone even if im not doing tricks. except to make it more insulting change girlfriend to mom. bet that will get them really quite. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:11 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Quote:

A very bad way to go about it. A half way funny person Could make you look like a moron if you gave him this chance. Its also a bed idea because thats not going to make people want to watch. This makes it become a "hey look what i can do but you cant" game. Thats not what you should be going for.

The best way about it is going on yourslef. I love to do that. "Hey that sucks". "I know, im just a jesus wannabe who cant tun water into wine. Im sure you have that down though. Why dont you go look for your flask" Any jokingly polite way to ask them to leave is the way too go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:16 am 
Penguin

Freed wrote:
Quote:

A very bad way to go about it. A half way funny person Could make you look like a moron if you gave him this chance. Its also a bed idea because thats not going to make people want to watch. This makes it become a "hey look what i can do but you cant" game. Thats not what you should be going for.

The best way about it is going on yourslef. I love to do that. "Hey that sucks". "I know, im just a jesus wannabe who cant tun water into wine. Im sure you have that down though. Why dont you go look for your flask" Any jokingly polite way to ask them to leave is the way too go.

no, that is actually in my opinion coming off as weak. IT's obvious that they cannot do the things that u are performing, so that's evident. If u back off and let them say that it was easy and what not, you come off as weak. When u have them try to bite the quarter, it makes them seem stupid, and they won't quetion your effects ne more, trust me it works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:03 am 
Penguin

Personally, I always avoid direct insults, profanity and rough language (and I live in Australia!) If you always keep your presentation clean (and polite) you do better in the long run, and come off looking professional and (dare I say it) superior to the heckler. In my experience, especially if you are dignified in your presentation (Not stuffy, but working with dignity as an entertainer) the audience will shut the heckler up for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:00 am 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Quote:
no, that is actually in my opinion coming off as weak. IT's obvious that they cannot do the things that u are performing, so that's evident. If u back off and let them say that it was easy and what not, you come off as weak. When u have them try to bite the quarter, it makes them seem stupid, and they won't quetion your effects ne more, trust me it works

Weak and strong? You might want to read Sankeys book. Specifically, magic as a blood sport. Im not going to make anyone think that "I can do things they cant". Thats why I snag on my self. SO if anyone gets that vibe, they can loosen up and understand that I dont want to be taken as some "master magician" that demands respect. Because sooner or later your going to get a guy that can go line for line. He'll take you up on your offer, pretend to bite the coin scream something like "Who wants to touch me!" toss the coin at your feet. "something for your troubles". Then walk away telling you to call hime back when your going to pull a rabbit out of your behind.