View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: at school
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

when people are like " hey do a trick." im like "YOU do a trick" then that gets them to shut up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

sounds fun... ive only showed 1-2 tricks at school and amazed another magician... im waiting till i get a lot better so that i can blow them completely away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:09 am 
born to perform.

I just tell them that I don't have any cards. That's shuts them up too. I recently did Floating Dollar Bill and everyone wanted me to do it again, so I just lied and said that the battery ran out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:18 am 
born to perform.

I always just say "I dont know any new tricks" or "I left my cards at home". The other day someone wanted me to do a trick with cards that were so sticky. You could whip them across the room and they would not fly anywhere. Just say "no, I'm not in the mood" They cant make you do a trick so just say anything.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:28 am 
born to perform.

Just remember that YOU are a magician....not a performing monkey. You perform when you want to perform, don't let anybody drag you into performing if you are not in the mood to. Just be direct with them "I don't want to perform right now"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:17 pm 
born to perform.

You can always say: "Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids..."
Or: "I'm not a dog, I don't do tricks whenever you tell me to."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

[quote="Scorpio"]You can always say: "Silly rabbit, tricks are for quote]

Kill Bill, that movie rules, or is that a general saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:46 pm 
that is a general saying... I know someone who has been saying that in these situations for years.

But... I personally always cary cards around with me and I am always in the mood to perform. If you say "Im sorry I dont have my cards with me" is almost seems like a dancer saying "I cant dance now, I left my feet at home" I whip out my deck... and do flourishes for as long as I can then... I will to my very visual ACR. If they ever want to see more tricks, I got about 5 hours of magic at my fingertips that I am always willing to perform.

I think that performing is a much better aproach then to try and make the people who just want to see someone good at magic performe live "Shut UP"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

omarchishtie wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
You can always say: "Silly rabbit, tricks are for quote]

Kill Bill, that movie rules, or is that a general saying?

I thought that was the worst line in the movie. Had nothing to do with anything.

However, overall, that movie was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

School is over now but i usually tried to stay away from doing magic at school too much. Everyone was asking to do tricks and i got annoyed. The teachers were trying to figure out my tricks and they were constantly bothering me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:42 pm 
Penguin

Sometimes if people ask at school and it's the appropriate time then I will perform, but sometimes when people say hey magic man do a trick and I am not in the mood or etc. This is what I do: spread the fingers out on my left hand, take my right hand and wave it over my left hand and once it has completly gone over, my thumb has vanished! Then I make my thumb reappear. I do this by making a big build up and acting so surprised, I find it entertaining to myself, because they didn't ask what kind of trick, etc. Of course I'll leave saying I'll do some tricks for ya later ok? It's quite fun 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:47 pm 
Penguin

I know that at my school, cards are NOT allowed at all, and if you're caught with them, you're liable to get suspended. The reason is that someone was caught gambling... Anyway, what i've done, is gotten to know all the security guards at my high school by performing other tricks, and then showing them a card trick, to show them that I use my cards for magic. Now, whenever i'm doing a card trick and they see me, instead of busting me, they come over and see what trick i'm doing this time. It makes magic at school alot easier with the security guards on your side. Just a tip for anyone else in my position.

-Bill 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:09 am 
Penguin

Tell them you'll disappear right in front of there eyes...make a really big build up, meditate, the whole thing, and then simply walk away...most people will let you alone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:18 am 
born to perform.

Thats mean :P..... Well i would just say my deck need a little rest, so do i ^^.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:47 pm 
Penguin

why not just do a quick trick instead of making enemies and making people not want to see your magic