View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: people w/ no reaction
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:00 pm 
Penguin

i dunno about u guys but the worst part of performing (besides a flash or just to blow the whole thing) would be a spec without a reaction and trust me ive had tons of em' and the worst is the look like whatever....... getoutta here no one cares..... altho ive ordered jays book and it has tons of great advice on picking out specs.............. i completely reccommend..whaddya guyz think?

Out,
TFK :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:09 pm 
people have different ways of expressing themselves, some loud and lively, some quiet and timid. Just because they don't shart themselves when you do your ambitious card doesn't mean they aren't impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

Just because they did not jump around and scream does not mean that they were not impressed and enjoying the magic. Some people prefer to not say anything and just let it all soak in, maybe the trick was soo good that they were peechless. I have had alot of people sit there, I often wonder if they are blind or sleeping or something. Im thinking, I just did a sweet trick why dont you look impressed? I found later that they loved the magic and wanted to see more. So dont get discouraged or upset if you dont get the reactions you want, thats all part of what we do.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:43 pm 
I just remembered, My girlfriend does not react at all when I do my magic for her, at first I didn't think she liked it. Until about an hour later she said "HOW THE edited DID YOU DO THAT!!!" I realized that eventhough some people don't react, they might be yelling that on their way home instead of at your face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:16 pm 
born to perform.

John_Frawley wrote:
I just remembered, My girlfriend does not react at all when I do my magic for her, at first I didn't think she liked it. Until about an hour later she said "HOW THE edited DID YOU DO THAT!!!" I realized that eventhough some people don't react, they might be yelling that on their way home instead of at your face.

This is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:29 pm 
Penguin

John_Frawley wrote:

i second that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:29 pm 
Penguin

heaven_coins wrote:
John_Frawley wrote:

I third it.

Post subject: ok, here...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:57 pm 
Penguin

what i usually do is jus make a humorous remark like "OKK, well you guys are AMAZED!"-if u like sarcasm. If not, here, like for example: w/ sponge balls, you make one dissapear right- u get NO reaction.....u do the exact same motion as u just did and say "And I made this sponge TOTTALY dissapear!"........or jus say "yeah i made a sponge dissapear -no big deal." I dunno i get tons of laughs from that.....w.e. jus try it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:32 am 
born to perform.

You just look them in the eyes, i have seen specs who act as though nothing happen but from their eyes... they were just *blank* lol... totally freak out but didn't say anything. Hahaha, well if they really enjoy it, it would be nice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:51 pm 
Penguin

A cool thing to do in this kind of situation is to take the bendy pen and do the same way as Oz. Then they should open up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:22 am 
Penguin

Some people just react differently...so if they don't react...move to a more visual or mental trick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:53 am 
born to perform.

I had seen a similar thread somewhere on this site that made a great point. Depending on your crowd's age and maturity, you might get no more than a smile or wide eyes from your spectators. When I do tricks for teenagers, they tend to scream and yell and run around. When I do tricks for older crowds, they tend to smile and sometimes make a few remarks. They tell me afterwards in one way or another that they were impressed.

In other words, don't expect a table full of grown men to start screaming and running away from you. It can happen, but the statistics are against it.

--Richard Allen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:54 am 
Penguin

it's happened 2 me where they just nod a say ya w.e not really paying attention. so then i do something more visual and then they just freak. then i got their attention. pretty much the same thing ColdSteel said.

Post subject: Ammars Line
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:27 am 
Penguin

Michael Ammar just says "... and thats pretty amazing...although I seem to be the only one that thinks so" This works well, I have used it a few times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:41 pm 
Penguin

yeah a good point is if its your first trick you gotta be quick and visual, like a flash paper vanish our something. ither wise you wont pull them in.