View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:46 pm 
born to perform.

Pull him to 1 side and ask whats wrong with him ? talk to him, ask why is he doing this. If he doesn't, i suggest you have to either switch a place to perform or follow all of the above suggestion, wondering why do you call him a magician ? Please do not call him that, i would say he's someone who is just a trickster. You are the real magician, performing and entertaining. Who doesn't want anyone to spoil the magic you are performing.

So just:

(1) Ask whats wrong with him ?
(2) Improve better sleights technique
(3) Do not perform when he's there, saying "due to some technical fault, i have decided not to perform for anyone until the fault leave"

(4) Switch to a better environment to perform ?
(5) "Caution" below advice shouldn't be taken in consideration:
a) Just bash him up
b) Just kill him

Just kidding.. Good luck with some of the advice other people have given. ^^

-Winder-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

Winder wrote:
Do not perform when he's there, saying "due to some technical fault, i have decided not to perform for anyone until the fault leave"

I believe that's a great way to get the crowd on your side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:10 pm 
Penguin

It's risky, but I might try to do "The Web" on him. If he'll let you perform a trick on him, I'd try that one. If it works, you can expose him for the girlie man that he truly is. If performed correctly, he might keep his distance when you're doing magic in the future. I hate magic trick ruiners. Hate em!!

Post subject: Or...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:38 am 
Penguin

Or yea, you could just kill him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:33 am 
Penguin

BK wrote:
What is the Cardtoon? can i buy it on penguin? how much?
Thanks
-Bill 8)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=353

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:18 pm 
born to perform.

I wouldn't risk just for performing while he's around, if he can "i know how he did it". I am afraid 1 day if he can't figure it out, he will just snatch it, if it's a gimmick. There are only 2 options, exposure or broken gimmicks or both, so i would stay away from him. Good luck with it bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:55 pm 
Penguin

i got a good one

Last edited by Magichef92 on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:57 pm 
Penguin

on coin or card tricks do a fake palm only do it really obviously. when he says "I know how you did it, open your hand" go ahead and open it and embaress the heck out of the kid. either that or buy the raven and just disappear the coin before he can get it. (not shure if the raven idea will work but I know the fake palm will).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:00 am 
Penguin

I was going to say what magicchef just said...embarras him as much as possible...make a very prominent palm and other sleights, making it look like you're doing a crappy job and when he blurts out, embarras the heck out of him. And like Rober V Frazier said...if all else fails, don't perform at ALL when he's around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:17 pm 
born to perform.

BK wrote:
I've tried to do that, but he still tries to make his presence known. It's just aggravating. He's one of those people who won't let up.
if he wants his presence known, just give him a bloody nose and beat him to a pulp! then he will be known quite well... j/k. just try to do somthing to get him out of the room or put him on the spot if possible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:21 pm 
born to perform.

FHSBulldog99 wrote:
It's risky, but I might try to do "The Web" on him. If he'll let you perform a trick on him, I'd try that one. If it works, you can expose him for the girlie man that he truly is. If performed correctly, he might keep his distance when you're doing magic in the future. I hate magic trick ruiners. Hate em!!
your right. "The Web might break 'em. and the magic runiers should all go and die!! I agree with FHSBulldog99, magic runiers just suck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:37 am 
Penguin

If I get someone who is being a jerk I pull the paper balls over head from greg wilsons on the spot on them. You can make all sorts of comments (stuff just seems to go right over your head, etc). Everyone else whos watching is always cracking up, and its fun to have a laugh at the expense of the person who always tries to heckle you.

Post subject: Re: Or...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:44 pm 
Penguin

FHSBulldog99 wrote:
Or yea, you could just kill him.

i thought of that too or you can take that trick with the knifes with you (you know, a block with one knife and three holes, paper bags over it and hit all the bags exxept for the thing with the knive, something like the wizard of ozz, but then with knifes) and let him do it (lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:02 am 
Penguin

lol u guys.... using force isnt the way to solve this problem...
Here, let me teach you. If you cant ask him to leave, make him. Just get the audients on your side. When you move, they move.
If that doesnt work, Ignore him. That guy is scared of ya alright. That's why he's bothering you. He doesnt want to u gain reputation. Tell him that he is really annoying and imature. That should make him stop, if it doesnt, here's the last way you can use: Make him look bad infront of audients, make him look really bad infront of your friends or etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

Well, he want you to be pissed and scold him. Just ignore him, change another location to perform. Switch to Street magic instead of School magic, some people can be freaking annoying when it comes to this. Keep your cool and stop performing no matter how tempting it may be when he's near you.

Last of all he's not even a magician, he disgrace magicians, broke our ethics and conduct. Doesn't even deserve to be called a magician, maybe some kid who learnt magic just to know the secret. Couldn't get his stuff right and simply just quit, ask him to perform a DL, bet with you. He can't even do it well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next