View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:44 pm 
born to perform.

All I can say is do not use gimmicks around him (such as the previously mentioned cardtoon). He will think it is gimmicked and grab the deck. Also I have had a bad expirience with jerks who get into magic. He obviously feals threatened and wants to get attention. Either:

1. Get some amazing slieght of hand
2. Use Robert Frazer's idea it is the perfect way to make your audience turn on the jerk
3. Take him to the side and talk to him.
4. Beat him until he gets the message.( the kid who picked on me who then got into magic to spoil it didn't get the message until I flexed a bit of muscle and picked him up by his neck)

Please only use the 4th as a last resort. These are just a few ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:00 pm 
Penguin

I had the same problem, I would do magic for people and some kid would say, I know how you did that or open your hand or whatever he can think of. People like that only want attention, so instead of beating the life outa him, do what I did. Simply just say, Ok! You do it then, come on, lets see it! and he attempted, but failed and never bothered me after that but you have to make sure you have a big crowed with people he finds "cool" or "popular" to embaris him, then what you do is the next time your doing magic, when he walkes by, stop your performance , take attention to the kid and say " would you like to attempt that trick again?" and that will get a laugh, and the person will usualy keep walking in embarisment or will just try again and fail witch will get an even bigger laugh . If that doesnt work, he will most probobly say " oh , i know how you did that" and you then do somthing totaly amazing to them, somthing new that he wouldnt know if he does buy magic, then just say " oh, so you know that one too? " and he will feel embarist and walk away.

hope this helps, and remeber,If he spoils your tricks, hes no magician hes nothing but a magician reject that needs to be the center of attention. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:13 am 
Penguin

if you're doing a card trick, (or any trick) throw a card at his forehead. :lol: i think the best thing to do is just stop performing so everyone gets mad at him like others have said in this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:59 am 
born to perform.

Have you ever seen Foreseen thoughts in penguin marketing ? i think you should get that, you simply just change the routine to a table spread and it would be "Wow" bet he can't even figure that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 pm 
Penguin

or you could ignore him and go on if he grabs your hand, let him have it, he wont try it again. you should watch more magicians, there was this one video i was watching where the guy was doing ambitious card and there was a girl sitting, she blurted out i saw that! and he ignored here and adjusted his angles so she couldnt see directly after that phase he went over to her and done the pop up move. she was blwon away and so was the rest. i think its a video from "the other site" CC2? maybe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:26 pm 

When I'm dealing with this. I get everyone pissed at them by putting my cards in my pocket and walking away. Of course, be sure to thank everyone for their attention first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:22 pm 
Penguin

What I would do if someone was trying to spoil a trick, even inadvertantly, is to explain aloud:

"I'm sorry, but I am not sure if you realize that you are spoiling these other peoples time by trying to ruin the magic. I would appreciate it if you would stop"

OR

"I'm sorry you guys, but I can't do any more magic while Lup is around."

Lup, should get the idea and stop his heckling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:54 pm 
Penguin

Fake a palm, or do the obvious, read Cards As Weapons, and "meet him after school."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:36 am 
Penguin

Improve your technique or learn tricks he can't figure out such as monkey in the middle or invisible palm aces.
Maybe buy the magic pee can and instead of filling it with fake pee, fill it with real pee. Then perform this on him in front of a huge croud :wink:
That should teach him a lesson, especially when he smells it is real pee... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:44 am 
born to perform.

In control of managing your audiences and especcialy these type, what tricks you do are not what makes the effect. As long as you have these type of audiences it doesn 't matter what tricks you do, it's all about audience managment, presentation and showmanship.

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:34 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, its hard to perform at school, I have a small repertoire, but have mastered completely all of the effects I do. I only perform for a few people at a time, only one to three people, unless I am doing rope flourishes, which gets the individuals interested. It is so much easier when you are performing to only three people. The angles are better and the people that you perform too get to feel like they witnessed something truly special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:52 pm 
Penguin

do an easy trick. when he announces how to do the trick...give him whatever you were performing with and tell him to finish off your act for you since apparrently he can do it perfectly.

yes, muscle may be required...but dont use that unless you really have to... :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

I would get some relly missleading tricks, ucker tricks, anything like that. If you could just make him look like a fool by saying the wrong stuff, he may stop. Ive heard on the spot has a lot of misleading things, but id also just not get gimmicked things. try to make him lose his respect by making him seem like a fool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:35 am 
Penguin

Honestly? Just sock 'im in the face. Its the only way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:28 am 
Penguin

Location: its to much peanut butter master its to much peanut butter
what you could do is either show him (HOW TO DO) one crappy trick and tell him to leave you alone or this one is my favorate you go to the corner of a room have a croud around you aND A FEW FRIENDS CONTROL WHO SEES OVER the croud and when he comes around have three people bocking so he wont be able to see over them and the cround so never ruining yopur tricks again or smack him back to france or wherever no offense i love croisants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next