View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: how to handle a jerk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:03 pm 
born to perform.

BK,
This guy sounds like a real [edited]. SO! you have to treat him as such. He's not a magician or he wouldn't be fingering you out. Get him to himself and ask him what he gets out of it.
Tell him that you think he's a jerk off and you've had all you are going to take from him. Advise him that the next time he comes up "looking" for trouble, that he just found it. Let him know that you will make him swallow a few teeth the next time he messes with you. This of course is if you can back this up.
Bullies and jerks occassionally need to be put in there place and once they see that you aren't going to take it, they will stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:29 pm 
Penguin

Man, I hate this guy already and I've never even met him. Magician my [edited]! I agree that a firm punch to the ear might be the best option, but what are the magical solutions to this problem? How can you make a disruptive spectator look like a complete bozo?

Ever hear of Sankey's "The Pen is Mightier" gag? It's a somewhat mean trick. What other "mean tricks" are there?

How extensive are his abilities? Could you fool him with the Raven, maybe acting like you're palming something on purpose to entice him into mauling your hand, only to find it empty? Or would he just rip your shirt off and expose the mechanism in detail to everybody?

Come on all you pros, if Vernon could fool Houdini I'm sure that this heckler can be stumped as well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:58 pm 
Penguin

Location: its to much peanut butter master its to much peanut butter
isnt thre a dvd called hecklers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:16 am 
Penguin

YOU NEED TO DO THE OLD STREET HUSTLE WHERE YOU STEAL HIS WATCH. JUST DON'T TELL HIM. THEN WHENEVER YOU THINK OF HIM INSTEAD OF BEING INFURIATED YOU CAN CHUCKLE AS YOU READ THE TIME OFF HIS WATCH!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:36 pm 
Penguin

cool Idea
you know the needle through arm tell him your going to make the needle vanish then whyen he grabs for it make i seem like he stabbed i throught your arm
start crying rush up to the clinic and laugh at him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:06 pm 
Penguin

put him on the spot tell him if he can do better step right up and give it a try. Then without exposing what he is doing make him nervous. Tell him his hands look a little shaky and things like that. Put him on the spot best way.

Vonbodan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:59 pm 
Penguin

No NO NO!
That's not the way....

U should really make a fool out of this guy.. But doin a trick dosen't get, in my opinion not going to work..

Ok, you do a trick he dosen't get.. Then what?

Everyone is joking about smack him up.. Bet think about it.. I would do it..
I'm saying that Iam smacking everyone if they try to expose my tricks..
BUT, if you are in a school and see this guy EVERY single day... Well, you have a problem, and problem should be solved in SOME way...

Or if you dont want to punch him... well, go for every prank joke, there is on penguin..

like, shoking pen, do the fart spray EVERYTIME he is around... and ALWAYS blaim him for that... and call him the "Fartman", and get the crowd with you...

// Mr Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:38 pm 
Penguin

Robert_V_Frazier wrote:
. If the jerk doesn't get gone,

Get Gone?

Post subject: Ya
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:35 pm 
Penguin

I have the same problem at my school with this kid. I just misdirect him, and put the coin in my pocket, and say,"Well, for your information, it disappeared." Don't sweat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:06 pm 
Penguin

get a lighter and some flash cotton. make a ball of it about the size of a quarter. leave a 1/2 inch tail on it. light it and through it like a grenade. P.S. add sparkle aditive for better effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:08 pm 
Penguin

tell him that he cant do any tricks with the same sleights if everyone knows them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:14 am 
Penguin

There are two solutions. And this problem is not exclusive to kids your age. It happens to streets in bars and such. But if you are trying to perform at a school and this guy is around a lot you have the two options. You go to him and talk with him, promising to show him a couple things a week, small things, with his promise to not reveal any information and give you respect. If this is not an option and the guy is really just a jerk then you have to set him up a couple of times and totally prove him wrong. After all if you are a true magician you are going to be ultra prepared for when he is there. Then when you show him he doesnt know what he is talking about, really insult him and get any girls that are there to do the same. Guys really cant take that in highschool can they.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 pm 
Penguin

you can just do your tricks when he is not a round so do about 2 or 3 people a time so he wont see a big crowd and walk over there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

Scorpio wrote:
Well, if nothing works and you need to kill him, I know a guy who goes for 1000$ a ... 8)

HA! That's funny :lol: . . . . . . . . . $1,000 is a total rip-off, you could do it yourself for 50cents. That's less than one of SmokingMonkey's card wallets. . . 45 cents with a 10% discount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
dbaker_creator wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Well, if nothing works and you need to kill him, I know a guy who goes for 1000$ a ... 8)

HA! That's funny :lol: . . . . . . . . . $1,000 is a total rip-off, you could do it yourself for 50cents. That's less than one of SmokingMonkey's card wallets. . . 45 cents with a 10% discount.

Now how the edited do you do that with 50 cents?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next