View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Why don't you do a simple card force and if he catches you tell him why don't you try but instead of giving him the deck you were using give him a deck with only blank cards. Then when he sees that all the cards are blank every1 will laugh at him.

Post subject: Magical Meanness
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:00 am 
Penguin

You say this kid is a magician? Well, then....

First off, find out if this kid is a member of the IBM (International Brotherhood of Magicians) or SAM (Society of American Magicians) or some other professional club for magicians and REPORT HIM TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES! I know that sounds harsh but most professional magic socieities have RULES AGAINST ruining other magician's tricks. It's a very rotten thing to do to ANYONE who is performing magic and for another magician to be doing it is simply WRONG.

Second of all, look into a small book entitled Scarne on Card Tricks by John Scarne and check out some of the self-working and mathematical tricks it contains. If this jerk is getting his jollies by wrecking your sleights then try using sleight-free magic. Once you pull a few tricks over on him without the use of sleight of hand, you can quip, "Didn't see that Elmsley Count I was doing under the table, did you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 am 
Penguin

just beat him up and tell him if you ever ruin my trick again i will beat you up twice as hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kev1215 wrote:
just beat him up and tell him if you ever ruin my trick again i will beat you up twice as hard.

Don't listen to this kid... that will get you a horrible reputation as a magician. It's not a mature thing to do at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:43 pm 
Penguin

kev1215 wrote:

I hope you aren't serious.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:52 pm 
Penguin

Hey, listen, I had a problem like this one time. Ironically, the punk's name was Garrett. He likes proving he knows everything, see? Now, at first, I was all panicky and swetty-palms like and got afraid of my own magic, in case Garrett would make me lose face, see? So, what I do, I got into magic more than ever. It went from a hobby to an obsession, minus the oabsession and plus the REALLY time-consuming hobby. Now, by the way, I handle the hecklers and learned tricks that he can't cope with. His latest response: "No, that's impossible", in a very matter-of-fact voice. So never avoid the people, outsmart them. Get a good act and an interesting style and character. Do not fear, they shall worship you... In a non-obsessive way, just in a REALLY dedicated way. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 am 
Penguin

i will just kick that kid out, hahaha just joking. If that ever happen again you can just stay calm and tell him nicely" hey there friend, you like to ruin my trick or what, i try to have people here enjoy the fun with me, If you are that good then why don't you do it" and just give him a crappy deck of card buy in dollar store.
1) people will hating him for be a jerk
2) you get your popular even you trick is ruin because you can remain calm( important for magician)
3) if he really show the trick then you can just move to another Conner and show your trick for new group

I know it hard to stand again people like that, but if you can calm and get jerk people out of your group then you are one more step forward to the next level for magic ( sorry if my English is hard to understand )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:25 am 
born to perform.

don't perform anywhere near him. maybe in class do a tiny trick with coins, or something like crazy cube or No. 2 pencil when the class isn't really doing anything. do it to someone you know isn't a heckler.

or just talk to the guy and ask him why he's doing this, make him feel a little guilty or embarrased, there is a good chance he'll back off a little.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:11 am 
Penguin

first off i dont think this guy is on any more it says the first post was made in 2004 and hes only made 11 posts :?

anyways i will put my opinion down on the matter...

a guy like that there are two things you can do...

1. Come up/ buy anamazing trick he couldnt possibly know(i think this was stated)

2. Take a hankerchief close your hand into a tight fist and put the hankey over it.. now say slowly "i... will... now... punch you".. as you say "punch you" remove the hankey and thrust your fist in his face then when hes on the ground spit on him. I have no sympathy or respect for those who try to degrade me so this is exactly what i would do

Post subject: i know something you could do to him
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

you should buy some prank magic and when he comes around and starts saying how u do stuff get ur prank out and say well tell me how i do this and perform the trick own him ou should do the pea in a can trick that would be hillarious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:30 pm 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Well, if nothing works and you need to kill him, I know a guy who goes for 1000$ a ... 8)

HA! That's funny :lol: . . . . . . . . . $1,000 is a total rip-off, you could do it yourself for 50cents. That's less than one of SmokingMonkey's card wallets. . . 45 cents with a 10% discount.

You could also do it for free. Even MORE free with a 10% discount!
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Well, if nothing works and you need to kill him, I know a guy who goes for 1000$ a ... 8)

HA! That's funny :lol: . . . . . . . . . $1,000 is a total rip-off, you could do it yourself for 50cents. That's less than one of SmokingMonkey's card wallets. . . 45 cents with a 10% discount.

You could also do it for free. Even MORE free with a 10% discount!
:shock:

Evidence man, evidence. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:43 pm 
born to perform.

This thread got a 100+ post? i need to just start making up stories....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 pm 
Penguin

My goto trick is Stigmata by wayne houchin. No one has ever figured that one out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 pm 
Team Penguin

Holy Moly. Stops everyone in their tracks. Or you could use Mercuring... or Wrap It Up... Or Not This Card!... (Sorry, I am a Sankey-Head.) Those will never be found out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next