View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: secret
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:54 am 
born to perform.

what do u do if someone yells out the secret to the crowd while you r doing a trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:21 am 
born to perform.

practice. and there is a whole forum for this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:37 am 
born to perform.

browse thru the 'Outs & Oneliners' forum. There are tons of posts on this very topic.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:17 am 
born to perform.

Hmm.... well, if someone yells out ''I know how thats done!!'' just use this line:

''Good for you, wanna show us?''

They wont say anything else after that. Or if they go and play the smart I guarantee you that they will mess up!

Sometimes they will yell the secret right away.

You will always get this kind of people who want to play smart. The best way to handle these people is just ignore them. That is the best cure for these people.

Let them say the secret but don 't say a word. Don 't even look at them. Just continue talking to the other people and continue on with the effect.

Enjoy your magic so other people will hve fun also and enjoy your magic!

- Michael Bradbury

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:47 am 
Penguin

M_B wrote:
Hmm.... well, if someone yells out ''I know how thats done!!'' just use this line:

''Good for you, wanna show us?''

They wont say anything else after that. Or if they go and play the smart I guarantee you that they will mess up!

Sometimes they will yell the secret right away.

You will always get this kind of people who want to play smart. The best way to handle these people is just ignore them. That is the best cure for these people.

Let them say the secret but don 't say a word. Don 't even look at them. Just continue talking to the other people and continue on with the effect.

Enjoy your magic so other people will hve fun also and enjoy your magic!

- Michael Bradbury

There's a couple of things about this that I want to address...first of which is the comment you made to say, "good for you, wanna show us"..Never never never say something like that..it will get you no where..there's no point in going back and forth with this type of spectator because you will lose one way or another....for example, if you keep on going back and forth with them your not doing magic, hence the show is over early, YOU LOSE. if you say something like that it also does two things. 1.) if he doesn't try that makes you look like an arrogant [edited]. 2.) if he does go up there and try, the show stops..YOU LOSE

you also said ignore him and keep going... Also really bad advice, only because he will not stop if you ignore him. he will continue to yell and scream out how he thinks you did the effect(s) and eventually he will get a reaction from the crowd. Either they will be telling him to shut up (doughtful) or they will start giggling at his rude outburst. You are almost forced to address it...so what do you do....

Well trying to embarrass them is never a good thing, simply sit down and write out some good one liners for different situations. Make em funny, funny enough to get the heckler to laugh. 8 out of 10 times if you can make him laugh with a witty come back the first time, he'll have a little more respect for you and just watch the show...don't ask em how this works, but it does....But sometimes they'll continue to make the outburst. then address the rest of the audience with a witty little line you came up with and walk away.
What I'll usually say in this type of situation is, "well, since (insert name) doesn't want me to show you all any magic, I guess i'll stop" Then the rest of the spectators will get on him if they are actually being entertained....if not, you may want to thank the heckler, as he probably did you a favor. .

An example of something you could say to the heckler may be something along the lines of,

heckler-"i know how you did that!!"
magician-whispers in a loud enough voice for everyone to hear-"Me too, shhh, you have to keep it a secret."

Just say something to get the crowd and keep the crowd on your side, and the odds are that the heckler will follow.

A.g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:14 am 
born to perform.

Yes, my apologies. I realized that was wrong to say and that 's why I then contnued with the next part. Just ignore that fraze.

- Michael Bradbury

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:59 pm 
Penguin

I remember watching Jimmy Dean (the singer/sausage man) during an interview and talking about being heckled on stage. When heckled he would say "Once when I was a kid I kicked a mule. My mother scolded me and said 'Son, that wasn't a nice thing to do. Some day that jackass is going to come back to haunt you.' Well, it looks like she was right. He's doing that now."

Perhaps this or something like it could be used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:40 pm 
born to perform.

Change a location ? or get a better effect which would amaze everyone including him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:20 pm 
Penguin

if somebody yells "i know how you didthat!"
you say, you do? well it's a good thing one of us does
it's funny the hckler will laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:09 pm 
Penguin

hollyvilla wrote:
I remember watching Jimmy Dean (the singer/sausage man) during an interview and talking about being heckled on stage. When heckled he would say "Once when I was a kid I kicked a mule. My mother scolded me and said 'Son, that wasn't a nice thing to do. Some day that jackass is going to come back to haunt you.' Well, it looks like she was right. He's doing that now."

Perhaps this or something like it could be used.

I will use that and also

WELCOME TO PENGUIN TOWN!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:11 pm 
Penguin

M_B wrote:
Just ignore that fraze.

"Fraze" as in "phrase"?