View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: question about confenscation
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

what if you are preforming at school with a gimmicked deck and a teacher or principal tries to confenscate it? what should I tell them to not either examine the deck or to no ttake it up? not like it has, but this is a question for it it does happen in the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:13 pm 
born to perform.

Then don't perform at school if you think something's gonna get taken away, it's common sense. Would you take out a cell phone in class if you think it's gonna get taken away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:24 pm 
born to perform.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Scorpio on that one. It is just common sense. it makes you and others distracted so I can see why teachers want to take tricks off you. If you do have an undesirable urge to do magic in a lesson, you at least have to make sure that you won't have it confiscated, like asking the teacher if you may perform the trick beforehand, or as a last resort, only do tricks where you end up clean.

In a Business Studies lesson, I did a trick with the Raven, turning a "blank" coin into a genuine £1 coin. I claimed that it linked into the concept of adding value. I had not really interfered with the lesson so I was let off. Nothing got taken off me (but with the Raven you end clean anyway, but I could have lost £1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:01 pm 
born to perform.

well yeah, that does make sense... but then again, why would I do magic in the middle of class? I was talking about like in the cafeteria and it looked like I was gambling regardless of the trick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:29 pm 
born to perform.

pyrobob wrote:
well yeah, that does make sense... but then again, why would I do magic in the middle of class? I was talking about like in the cafeteria and it looked like I was gambling regardless of the trick...

The same rule still applies, if you think something is gonna be taken away, don't take it out or better yet, don't take it to school.

And if they do take it away, don't complain or whine to them, that'll bring down your status as a magician and maybe even bring more suspicion to the deck. If I were in a predicament like that, I would just bring out another deck and get that taken away also just to bring a few laughs, but I make sure that something like that won't happen by only doing tricks at an appropiate time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:25 pm 
Penguin

Yeah. If it looks like a precarious situation for magic, then don't do any. I once got a pen-thru eaten by a dog. Seriously. I'm now more cautious around dogs. My school has a really loose card policy anyway, so it's not a problem. If you're going to do card tricks at school though, do them with normal decks. That way you only lose about $3.