View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Charming women with cards
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:53 am 
Penguin

Firstly I'd like to say that I believe females are the best audience after children to perform to, they are usually less likely to attempt to screw up your tricks and they will often be more surpised.
OK, now, I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert with women or magic mostly because; I'm not, but I would like to share what I use and hopefully gain some pointers and additions.
Always peform card tricks where you display a woman as the queen of hearts, that works well. I like to do the renegade with a set deck where the queen of hearts is on the top mess up the deck, get the woman to kiss the deck or place it against her face and then do a spread. You can then follow up with an ambitiuos card routine where you say that the deck is going to say what it thinks of the girl. Naturally you say the deck thinks she is very pretty and you keep doing this, then using a quick pop out move you produce the king of hearts and place them together. You can finish here and say "i think they are better like that dont you?", or you can then do the quick ambitious trick where it appears both cards are separated and then reunited at the top. Apart from staying likeable and smooth thats all I believe you really need to do. If anyone has a routine involving coins that you could do like this please tell me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:26 am 
born to perform.

Its good doing magic for females, i just like to act myself, um i do a few coin tricks, i don't know if it will help you but i have scotch and soda, and i do a few from on the spot, on the spot you should check out, and scotch and soda is a must have for every magician.