View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stupid Posers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:09 pm 
Penguin

When your doing a card trick with an unexaminable deck say svengali. and the spectator doesnt care about your trick, and says "let me see i know a card trick." and i say, Shut the edited up, im the magician and he says F*&^* you and does the ol' 52 pickup routine.

Has this happened to anyone?

(i know someone is gonna say learn some slieghts, and i use those to so HA!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:25 pm 
born to perform.

Well nobody will do this if you learn some showmanship, you don't say shut the edited up cause then they will get mad. Learn some respect for the spectator and some showmanship, and don't work with trick decks.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Posers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

Samataro wrote:
When your doing a card trick with an unexaminable deck say svengali. and the spectator doesnt care about your trick, and says "let me see i know a card trick." and i say, Shut the edited up, im the magician and he says F*&^* you and does the ol' 52 pickup routine.

Has this happened to anyone?

if you always say shut the edited up ...your not for magic ... :?

(i know someone is gonna say learn some slieghts, and i use those to so HA!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:17 pm 
Penguin

The way you should have handled it:

Spectator: Let me see the cards.
Magician: Why?
Spectator: I know a trick.
Magician: Me too....i can disappear!*Runs away*

;)

In all regard to the question, you shouldnt swear at your audiance, learn to control the audiance, better yet when they ask for the deck pull another deck out and give it to them.

Use some corny excuse that if they can do a hot shot cut you'll let them touch your deck, remember, this is a deck your... great grandpaw gave you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:38 pm 
Penguin

Surely your joking. You don't actually tell the spectator to shut the edited up do you? I can't believe you would actually do that and not expect a negative reaction, surely your smarter than that... right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:27 pm 
born to perform.

You people crack me up. Someone who has to use a svengali deck and who has the social skills of a two year old is going to solve his problem with the Hot Shot Cut? Gee, maybe he could get the Lenart Greene DVD's and do the laser deal routine. :lol:

Look, go two full weeks with no magic. If you can go two weeks without saying &%#@ to anyone, you might be ready to show one trick to certain people. But if not, see your counselor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:45 pm 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
You people crack me up. Someone who has to use a svengali deck and who has the social skills of a two year old is going to solve his problem with the Hot Shot Cut? Gee, maybe he could get the Lenart Greene DVD's and do the laser deal routine. :lol:

Look, go two full weeks with no magic. If you can go two weeks without saying &%#@ to anyone, you might be ready to show one trick to certain people. But if not, see your counselor.

LOL thats hularious. i never looked at it that way.

Post subject: asdf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:21 pm 
Penguin

First:

Is this topic even an "Out or One Liner". It isn't really a clever out, that's for sure. One liner - don't think so. More like a "What not to do." In the future, I'd advise being on the same level with you're audience and avoid an adversarial relationship. You can swear (Jay Sankey does), but I wouldn't advise it unless you're certain it won't offend (you're attempting to offend).

Oh, and on a side note:

Quote:
You people crack me up. Someone who has to use a svengali deck...

I find that the Svengali Deck can actually be a very effective trick after establishing yourself as a skilled magician. Just do it to an audience that will either already credit you to skillful card magic or an audience that has witnesed your talents.

Post subject: Re: asdf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:32 pm 
Penguin

SuperMagicMozart wrote:
First:

Is this topic even an "Out or One Liner". It isn't really a clever out, that's for sure. One liner - don't think so. More like a "What not to do." In the future, I'd advise being on the same level with you're audience and avoid an adversarial relationship. You can swear (Jay Sankey does), but I wouldn't advise it unless you're certain it won't offend (you're attempting to offend).

Oh, and on a side note:

Quote:
You people crack me up. Someone who has to use a svengali deck...

I find that the Svengali Deck can actually be a very effective trick after establishing yourself as a skilled magician. Just do it to an audience that will either already credit you to skillful card magic or an audience that has witnesed your talents.

Oh yes, for sure, im positive you can gain alot of respect with a deck that is sold at wal-mart.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Posers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:09 am 
born to perform.

Well, when you ask a spectator to "shut the edited up" you're just displaying your immaturity even further and sinking to their level. If you don't have control over your own emotions, and you don't have control over your AUDIENCE, I don't feel sorry for you at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:06 am 
Penguin

TMK123 wrote:
Oh yes, for sure, im positive you can gain alot of respect with a deck that is sold at wal-mart.

LMAO

This applies to everything now. My other hobby is paintball, and people bring me their wal-mart markers and ask me whats wrong with them, my reply is always..."YOU BOUGHT IT FROM WAL-MART!!!!! THATS WHATS WRONG WITH IT YA FREAKIN [edited]!"

and still, people compare top of the line products to wal-mart crap, and complain because wal-marts is cheaper..... ugh i hate people so much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:56 am 
born to perform.

noyfbb wrote:
TMK123 wrote:

LMAO

This applies to everything now. My other hobby is paintball, and people bring me their wal-mart markers and ask me whats wrong with them, my reply is always..."YOU BOUGHT IT FROM WAL-MART!!!!! THATS WHATS WRONG WITH IT YA FREAKIN [edited]!"

and still, people compare top of the line products to wal-mart crap, and complain because wal-marts is cheaper..... ugh i hate people so much.

Sheesh, you little kids. You might try going through life not hating people and calling them freakin [edited]. You will discover that people who matter in this world will lable you as one, if they see you act like you are claiming.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:28 am 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
noyfbb wrote:
TMK123 wrote:

LMAO

Sheesh, you little kids. You might try going through life not hating people and calling them freakin [edited]. You will discover that people who matter in this world will lable you as one, if they see you act like you are claiming.

Shut up already and go troll somewhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:00 pm 
born to perform.

CivX wrote:

[snip]

You tell me to go and troll somewhere else. What a joke. No I think I will stay here if I wish.

If children want to give childish advice, you will find yourself treated as child. :lol: [/b]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:31 pm 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
CivX wrote:

[snip]

You tell me to go and troll somewhere else. What a joke. No I think I will stay here if I wish.

If children want to give childish advice, you will find yourself treated as child. :lol: [/b]

I'm sure being called childish from an internet superstar such as yourself must mean a lot.