View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:17 pm 
born to perform.

I think you misunderstood the situation... :?

This guy walked right up to my table and clear as day said "Are you a magician? I don't like magic." At the time I had never been confronted with such a thing in the world of magic. So what was I to do? Stand there? (Which in fact we did for about a minute. :roll: :lol: )

So I tried something new, it was a spur of the moment decision. I told him to instead of magic, think of it as Extra Sensory Perception. (Which apparently he was already familiar with considering he perked up and payed attention after I offered the idea of "reading" his mind as opposed to doing some card shuffles and blar blar blar. :wink: )

It worked for me, had him choose a card, place it back "anywhere" in the deck. Told him to shuffle the pack and think of his card.....you all know the drill. :wink: :lol:

He was surprised and wanted to see another effect with "E.S.P."

I did the kaps on fire wallet, he said he liked it and left (amazed, I'm assuming hopefully.)

I have never been in a situation with a crowd full of skeptics, Chris. :?

It would be fun to see the outcome though. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:04 pm 
born to perform.

RGC3 wrote:
"Blanking blanktard?"

Okay.....:roll:

I have had tons of people say they don't like magic. My buddies have had encounters with those kinds of "blanktards" also. And I figured out a way to lure them in and trap them in the magic world. 8)

This is what confused me. You said you had tons of people saying this. You then gave some advice on this situation, but you really had this happen only once and what you did there worked.

Sorry I was confused. Sometimes people exagerate in order to give the idea that they have wisdom. I think Dai Vernon said that to me in a conversation last year when I had dinner with Houdini and George Bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:56 pm 
born to perform.

Okay, sure thing Chris... :lol:

I also remember me saying "at the time, I had never been confronted with this kind of situation." :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

If I have someone say this, my usual response is:
"Ok then. How about you do the magic?" I then proceed to show him an effect that happens in his own hands. If he still thinks it's dumb, I won't show him any more. Remember. There are some people, unfortunately, that just don't like magic. Don't force it on people.

If there are other people around and you have that one person saying, "this is dumb." Just respond like someone else in this forum already said, "Then why are you here?"

Craig