View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Put the card in a bad place
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 am 
Penguin

What would you do if the spectator smothers there card in with other cards, and then squares it up making it impossible to see. Also, if after they do this and you managed to get a break, they say it wasn't their card. These cases almost never happen, but somtimes they do.

Post subject: Re: Put the card in a bad place
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:07 am 
born to perform.

esylvan wrote:
What would you do if the spectator smothers there card in with other cards, and then squares it up making it impossible to see. Also, if after they do this and you managed to get a break, they say it wasn't their card. These cases almost never happen, but somtimes they do.

Hello, if that does happen, next time you take their card and put it into the deck. If they say it isn't their card and it is, next time you should have them write their name on the card, or do it in front of a whole bunch of people, so another person would probably say, yea the was his card, hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:05 am 
Penguin

But after the first time, they go HA, not that good are you. Of course I get them and amaze them, but its still anoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:24 pm 
born to perform.

esylvan wrote:
But after the first time, they go HA, not that good are you. Of course I get them and amaze them, but its still anoying.

Okay, well when you do magic for anyone maybe you should have them sign their name on their card the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:52 pm 
born to perform.

Four words:

One-Way Facing Deck :wink:

And get Daryl's Encyclopedia of Sleights Vol 1 while you're at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:36 pm 
born to perform.

xyzzy314 wrote:
Four words:

One-Way Facing Deck :wink:

And get Daryl's Encyclopedia of Sleights Vol 1 while you're at it.

That wouldn't solve his problem tho, cause the spectator will still say thats not my card, even when it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:59 pm 
Penguin

If they keep doing that the BEST thing to do is not to perform for them anymore. Trust me, it will work. Because if you show some stuff to other people then they will tell the people that you did a super cool trick and since you wont show magic to them any more and they will get mad cuz they cant see it. If that happends then they will notice how it is without them getting to see your magic, and they will really WANT to see your magic. Then if they still do it, well, just stop performing for them for good. Remember, the best thing to do with some one who wants to wreck your performance is to just ignore them and walk away, never waste your time on some one like that, its just not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:11 pm 
born to perform.

Well then have him show it to many people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:25 am 
Penguin

ScottO wrote:
esylvan wrote:

Okay, well when you do magic for anyone maybe you should have them sign their name on their card the first time.

So your saying EVERY effect I do I should have them sign their name on the card? I would go throw a deck a day. And it would make the trick longer and more boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:26 am 
Penguin

stevendesarno wrote:
If they keep doing that the BEST thing to do is not to perform for them anymore. Trust me, it will work. Because if you show some stuff to other people then they will tell the people that you did a super cool trick and since you wont show magic to them any more and they will get mad cuz they cant see it. If that happends then they will notice how it is without them getting to see your magic, and they will really WANT to see your magic. Then if they still do it, well, just stop performing for them for good. Remember, the best thing to do with some one who wants to wreck your performance is to just ignore them and walk away, never waste your time on some one like that, its just not worth it.

What you guys don't get, is that I don't want to even have it happen ONE TIME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:18 pm 
Penguin

esylvan wrote:
stevendesarno wrote:

What you guys don't get, is that I don't want to even have it happen ONE TIME.

Well then I gues you need to find some new specs, because you can not perform for a group that you cant controle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:27 pm 
Penguin

It almost never happens, I was just curious as to weather you guys had a quick way of verbally telling them to put it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:44 am 

You can either control the card, or control the audience. Those are your only two choices.

A lot of this comes with experience. You need to "size up" your volunteer to determine if they're going to cause you any trouble BEFORE you start the trick. If the conditions aren't right, either use someone else or use a different trick.

Rather than having them choose where to bury the card, and leave it to them to mess you up, I prefer to have them sign a card (what's the price of a few cards really? You should leave it with them as a souvenir anyway.) and take it back from them myself. Or, I just cut the deck and tell them to place it on top. I then bury it (holding a break) and continue from there. Nobody should challenge you for as far as they know you haven't even started the trick yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:02 pm 
Penguin

Its imposible to make sure it NEVER happends again, because you never know if your going to get that one bad spec. You should make sure they never touch your stuff, you can put the card in the deck, they dont have to. because if they get a chance to do it it can always go bad. If you're performing for them and they decide they dont like the fact that you put it in the deck, then dont waste your time with them and go find some one who will enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:14 pm 
Penguin

Ak them what their card was before you reveal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!