View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:18 pm 
Penguin

man i can't remember the last time i was heckled. I'm not braging, but i was never heckled. I never chose my audience, my audience came to me (unless I was doing walk around). I practice my trick a lot before I do them, I literaly pretend that I'm doing my tricks in front of people. When I feel ready, I do one quick check to see how it looks in a mirror and then I'm off.

But seriously i've never been heckeled. lol, I better stay with what i'm doing then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 pm 
Penguin

do magic on your magician friends. if they cant figure in out like i showed my friend a dissapearing silk with the universal pull. he screamed TT and i showed him all my fingers. it was tight. but if they do figure it out ask em for some advice how well you did it etc. thats what i do with my friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

Im now a senior at my highschool,and thru all the years of performing at my school ive only gotton heckled about 5 times and seriously heckled once.which actually happened this week.i was doing that 4 ace pile trick where you put three cards on top of each ace and put the pile together have someone cut it as many times as they want and then when you lay them out again all the four aces are in one pile.I polished this one up a bit so 99% of the time they will either pick the pile with the aces the first pick or 3 piles are eliminated leaving them with the aces.Ive actually had a guy get up and walking away after doing this trick for him.anyways,I was doing this trick for a couple kids in my study hall a few days ago and sort of messed up so this one kid said that he thought he knew how it worked and told me to put the aces in the middle and then do it which still worked but for some reason i just could force the right pile for the person i was doing it for so i just picked up the pile with the aces with out looking at the different piles.which was easy cause i had the aces marked (colored in in the center)so i would always no where the aces are and which pile to fore.eventually the kid heckling me picked up the cards and tried doing it saying okay let me do it.then he asked "what do i don now?" i imediatly said "i dont know,your the magician" so eventually figured out how to set it up.but when he had the girl cut the cards like into four piles and then re-order them.He was was hey,you didnt cut it like that for him (me) but i was like well i told her she could cut the cards as many times as she wanted,so yeah she could have done that when i did it.(which isnt true,but i got him to shut up)and because she cut the cards that way it obviously didnt work.and i just shook his had and said "you tried."so yeah,you just have to learn to handle people like that.usually i ignore them or if they catch me controlling a card.keeping it at the top or somthing like that.(that has happened.recently as well,i just keep doing false shuffles and cuts till they are satisfyed and finally are convinced the card is lost in the deck.but if its a serious heckle.like the one i described,i usually am a bit of a smart alik to them and just make him a fool infront of everyone but then i eventually sort of befriend him in a way.sort of like the whold hand shake thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:46 pm 
Penguin

if your getting heckeled in school then your probably doing it around the wronge people im not trying to be mean its just ....well..... yeah....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 am 
Penguin

If I get heckled I just say "Okay hotshot, lets see you do it". Since they can't, they hand me the trick back and I say "Well I see you're already entertained. No need for more magic. Good bye." Then I just walk away to another group.

Post subject: Re: For All You School Magicians
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
ccisdaman777 wrote:
This is a topic that will help you forever, all you kids that do illusions at school. STOP. Kids are simple minded and think they know everything at the same time so and easy way to avoid being heckled (not 100% of the time) is to do tricks to adults. Why you ask.
a) an adult will not come and just assult you( grab your deck, hand, shirt ...ect.
b) they will understand trick(99% of the time)
c) its always better the entertain someone alot older than you
d) job oportunities
e) praise
and the best reason of all
f) kids get mad

Not really I think praticing in front of kids at your school is great
Yes they do try to grab your props but it so easy to fool them
And they could inv you to thier b-day party so you can do some magic for thier friends and whoever might be there so ya magic at school i think is ok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7