View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

Okay. Then let's just leave it at this.

You're a mook.
I'm an idiot.
Both are bad things to be. Both are worse when pitted against each other. I'm sorry I offended you. Truce?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

sure. truce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: The guy at the top is right
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

CDavid wrote:
The guy at the top is right I have performed magic at school and they all think they know everything and make up the stupidest lame excuses but when I perform for girls or kids who are a couple years younger the situation is a lot better. can some one give me I good trick to perform for
'know it alls'.
thanks

this is untrue for little boys. they are so f$$king dumb they are the worst hecklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 am 
Penguin

Heres A few heckler stories:
My Not friend anymore, once grabbed at my colour motne card in the middle of a show for 10+ Guys. I punched his hand so hard he couldnt write.
The next day he grabbed a linking ring through another ring so I twisted them and almost broke his wrist.

Now the lovey dovy part...
Only last Saturday I was chatting up a girl at a drama rehersal, and I showed her a card trick, and he pops up and shouts out that I did all this random stuff (which i didnt, it was a spread cull, then control to top with overhand shuffle, then two handed palm to zipper) after he said it was really simple and he could do it. She smiled politly and said, "I though it was pretty nice" smiled politly and then said "Oscar give him the deck, so he can do it"
He grabbeed the cards, and tried to do a DL and dropped the deck. Says "Pick up 52 hahhahahaha" and runs off.

Its ok though, the girl (i hope) likes me and he is going to fail in year 10, and, well life...
IF YOU DONT LIKE BEING TRICKED DONT WATCH MAGIC

Regards,
Oscar Brett
aka Godspear

P.S. Try and find the Hekler before a performance starts.[b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:51 am 
Team Penguin

aznshadyboi1 wrote:
Thank you. I just managed to sit down and really read through the entire thread and I'm surprised with the stuff I missed. Here are the two main points summarized:

Exodus and KyletheGreat are [edited].

Long version? M'kay, I'll start with Mr. Ex:
exodus wrote:
IF they jump at you, throw a Fireball (Flash Paper) at them. My teacher didn't care if I used fire as long as I didn't pull out torches.

You must have tons of the flash stuff on you huh? D'you honestly think that every "school magician," and by that I mean "guy that has no gigs so they resort to the asses at school for stage time," has the resource to buy tons of flash paper? Jeez Exodus, your class must've been high on Ritalin the whole time huh? Is that why only every once in a bit they lash out?
exodus wrote:
If any of you do the gaffed 3 Card Monte that requires you to make the gaff, you'll know it if you do it, try that. I used that for the guy that was heckling my girl and myself and he shut up and walked off.

What an idiot thing to say. The guy probably walked away because he was convinced you and "your girl" were losers when you whipped out a manly vinyl wallet with a few cards in it to deal with a few insults toward her and you. Hey Exodus? She's not "your" girl. Chances are you won't even end up marrying her. Women are free creatures, they don't belong to anybody. Well, except to their fathers, which is how most dads see it. Have some respect for women. Anyone else second me on that or is magic such a manly sport that only we men can possess sponge products, vinyl wallets, and plastic cases?
exodus wrote:
I wasn't heckled in school. If you know the people you're performing for and have decent crowd control abilities, performing in school is great and a lot of fun.

Probably because the only real people you performed for were the ones you made in wood shop.

KyletheGreat is up next:
KyletheGreat wrote:
I am a Junior at high school and known around the school as The Magic Man.

So you're so much of a hot shot magician that people don't know your real name eh? Hey man, don't worry, at MY high school, I'm known as the Sponge Bunny. The guy known as Gaff is jealous of me. I know, totally cool, right? Did you put that on your resume as a performer? "EXPERIENCE: KNOWN AS MAGIC MAN THROUGHOUT HIGH SCHOOL."
KyletheGreat wrote:
I say do the magic and don't worry about the people (if you are entertaining).

Most magicians want to entertain.
KyletheGreat wrote:
Teenagers and kids really enjoy it as well if the magic is presented in the correct way.

No they don't. What school do YOU go to? You probably wouldn't last half a day at my school. Keep that flash paper dry now...
KyletheGreat wrote:
Give your cards to teenagers who have younger brothers and sisters and they will refer you to their parents (I have had this happen many times). IT WORKS trust me!

Bad idea. Boris Pocus senses this [edited] lying. It might work, but 90% of the time my friends, you can be sure that your card will be used to roll a blunt. If you do, by some helluva chance get booked by your friend's parents, you won't get paid, either that or you'll be submitted to half an hour of your friend going "HEY MAN DO THE ONE WHERE THE BALLS GO IN MY HAND FOR MY LIL CUZ!!"

I'm done. There are more [edited] that have seconded what the above [edited] have said, so they're [edited] too, you can find them amongst yourselves, here's a prime example:
exodus wrote:
I was Card Guy around my school.

Mmhmm.
For those of you that stuck this through and read it all, congrats to you. I'm gonna go get high now.

Okay...let me start by saying how close minded you are.

Now. You have no idea of my performance stature or experience. I can deal with any crowd as I have done so on many occasions. Any age works fine with me. As a magician, YOU must learn how to perform for your crowds correctly in an entertaining mannar. You say I am a [edited], but I was just giving you my opinion. In order to be a successful performer, you must also be a good people person...and judging by your posts...that is something you are not. No wonder you are not successful performing for teens...

No I have not put "performed throughout high school" on my resume! I have much better stuff to put on there than that...I don't even have a resume. I run a business. I am my own boss aside from my clients. I have a company that books me out, and I book myself out as well. Don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about, because I can asure you just by reading your material that I have way more performing experience in magic than you even come close to.

Just because you are not successful performing for certain crowds, does not make everyone that way. :wink:

you came accross all wrong calling exodus and I a [edited]! We were just throwing in our two-cents worth into the conversation. You can accept it, or ignore it...but you don't have to sit there, call us [edited], and then try and turn around what we say!

And no...I am not lying about the cards. I have recieved countless calles from parents of people I go to school with wanting me to do the younger siblings parties and such. If your so called "friends" would use your business cards to "roll a blunt" then obviously you are hanging out with the wrong crowd! I do get paid. I get paid for every performance I do. The cards don't just go to my friends. They go to many people that I don't even know. But they take it home and I get bookings. That is the way it works for me.

I suggest you try and learn a few people skills and then perform at your school...once you learn how to handle certain crowds you will see a drastic change in the amount of hecklers and reactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:42 pm 
born to perform.

Okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:43 am 
Penguin

... And you forget the fact that we(...I?) enjoy workin with our peers to impress and show off from time to time. U cant just take ur self away from the pack and say "ohhh kids are too arrogant or not smart enough to understand MY tricks". I believe kids are fantatstic tests. just because you cant make a simple mind understand a simeple trick dont complain but practice.

Post subject: Re: For All You School Magicians
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:58 am 
Penguin

ccisdaman777 wrote:
This is a topic that will help you forever, all you kids that do illusions at school. STOP. Kids are simple minded and think they know everything at the same time so and easy way to avoid being heckled (not 100% of the time) is to do tricks to adults. Why you ask.
a) an adult will not come and just assult you( grab your deck, hand, shirt ...ect.
b) they will understand trick(99% of the time)
c) its always better the entertain someone alot older than you
d) job oportunities
e) praise
and the best reason of all
f) kids get mad

I tottally agree...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 pm 
Penguin

It's easier to blame the audience than the performer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:08 pm 
Penguin

Okay, I'm about to do something that no one on this thread has done yet:
Taken Both Sides.

Many of you are being VERY stereotypical about adolecents and teenagers. I'm 16 and I've been doing magic for about 10 months. I've pretty much dedicated my life to it and because of that, I've been performing professionally for going on 3 months. I'm about to start my Junior year in high school and I steadily performed all through my Sophomore year. I'm the president of a magic club that was founded by a locally famous magician who taught German and Etymology at my school for many years. Conjuring Club was kept in the shadows for several years and only ever got a chance to perform during the Drama Club's intermission. Thanks to me and a couple other friends, we have brought our club out of the shadows and you can find us with a deck of cards in our hands through most of the day. Whether it be in class, in the halls, in the library, at lunch, or before or after school.

Yes, there are many students at my school that could be classified as hecklers. Many of you would say that performing for your relatives and closest friends is one of the easiest thing to do. I disagree. When you are performing for someone that is close to you, they are more comfortable with heckling you or grabbing your deck of cards. I find that when I spontaneously perform for a stranger, they dont have much time to think "I'm going to grab his deck, I'm going to try and ruin his act, I'm going to be this guys worst nightmare.". Since they arent familier with you, they arent going to begin to heckle you or grab at you quite as quickly as a friend or family.

Not all adolecents and teenagers are mean little freaks that are out to destroy the world. Many of us have a great respect for others. There's really no way to figure out who's who in the world of hecklers unless you actually try. Many of the hecklers that I dealt with in the beginning of my magic career now hold a great respect for magic.

My Point: Some kids like magic. Some kids dont. Some of the kids that dont have respect for magic may take a little time to work with. Some will come to love magic. Some will come to hate it.

The Point of That Point: You can't stereoptype. If someone looks like a heckler, do a little magic for them. If they dont like it...too bad. Move on. Big deal. If they heckle you and tell you to do it again...do something different. They will want more. That will train them to have respect for it. If they dont, big deal. Move on. Most of us perform magic because we like working with people. We like making people happy. There will be people that dont like you, and there will be people that arent happy, and there will be people that dont want to be entertained. Given they're KIDS or not.

That's my rant...
~Jonton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

i just found this edited hole of a topic, and wanted to say that exodus is right, and the rest of you are wrong, except for me, who is right. and also exodus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:14 pm 
Team Penguin

...ahem...nudge nudge...wink wink....*cough* cough*...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:02 am 
Penguin

for me I only show stuff for my friends that do magic also so they can tell me what i should fix and what not. I dont go around the luch room table to table because I hate most the kids at my school. I will only do it to the peopel i know that are into magic or do magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:28 pm 
Penguin

Doing magic at school can be a great experience and can also be a hassle. I once did a two card monte to this girl and when the trick was done this one kid said these cards are "changable". So he took the cards and starting rubbing them and said "watch they'll change in a second". Im standing there like what the ____. is this kid doing? And so he made a fool of himself and I basically started flirting with that girl. Hecklers can make a fool of themselves alot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next