View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Perfect Out (ltd)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:34 am 
Penguin

Ok guys I'm a big tt user, and as a result people often ask to see a particular tt trick... the odd time i dont have it with me i just say the following piece of brilliance

"I havent practiced that trick in awhile, gimme a few days as its an unbelivably hard piece of sleight of hand"....

This can also work for gimmick tricks etc. Hope you guys like it as it works a charm for me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

Hmm. It might work for you, but I personally would not use that. People know that it's sleight of hand...You want to convince them that it's magic.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:27 pm 

It depends on the situation. I had a problem at church with people calling it magic and misinterpreting what I was doing, so now I stress that it's SOH and illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:52 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
It depends on the situation. I had a problem at church with people calling it magic and misinterpreting what I was doing, so now I stress that it's SOH and illusions.

That's a good point. I once did the twisting arm illusion for a nun and she thought I was posessed. I immediately told her that it was just an illusion.
The expression on her face was priceless! :lol: (Ya. I'm going to edited., :lol: )

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:41 pm 

I did my version of Liquid Metal on a platform in front of a large group of people, including my pastor, and she didn't like it. One of her kids, who really like watching me perform, took the fork to her and she snapped at him. Later I found out she told them that I was a witch, but a good one, so I guess that was supposed to make up for what she was telling a 5 year old. The best part, though, was that the Pastor asked me to perform and to specifically do that trick. He also calls me over to whatever table he's at and asks me to do it and asked me to mentor his son that just started getting in to magic. Apparently, she's the only one that has a problem with me doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:50 am 
Penguin

Good point charris, its usually friends etc that know my tricks and ask to see certain ones so thats what i tell them. If it was a normal spectator they wouldnt ask unless they had seen the trick on tv. I also perform mainly for an adult audience and they all preety much know magic aint real. As a pro once told me, you've crossed the line when they think your real... Thats all well and good, but when you try and convince people that what you do is an illusion they think your only saying that so as to calm them down. Well thats what I've found with ladies anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:58 am 
Penguin

I don't know personally I think there is a lot to be said for the straight out not right now, maybe next time line. It's a reasonable line but you can't really say it too many times otherwise your audience are going to get suspicious and annoyed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:55 am 
Penguin

Just had another thought to satisfy everyone.....

Oh thats a real hard peice of MAGIC that i havent practiced in awhile and i dont want to mess it up for you etc...

Thanks for the constructive critisim guys 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:30 pm 
born to perform.

Just smile and say no.

If that is not enough, you could also say, "I am flattered that you asked, but I am not going to perform today."