View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "wait, do that again"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

hey, i did the throw vanish (tenkai vanish) in school to like 5 different people at 5 different times and i got the exact same responce from all of them it was ... "wait, do that again" and i didnt know what to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:21 pm 
Penguin

Once is for entertainment the second time is for education, so you have to pay the sencond time.

Do what again I wasn't watching.

Here now you try.

Ignore them.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:50 pm 
born to perform.

As Ali said, a good one is "Do what?" When they tell you what you just did, laugh and say "What? That's silly. No one can do that." That gives you a perfectly valid reason not to do the trick again. After saying that, walk off so they can't badger you with more questions. If they follow you, I suggest you ignore them unless you can come up with any other smooth lines. If they prevent you from leaving or keep asking questions. Just continue your story that you have no idea how the trick is done so you can't answer any more questions.

That's one way out of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

k thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:25 am 
born to perform.

Lawboy wrote:
As Ali said, a good one is "Do what?" When they tell you what you just did, laugh and say "What? That's silly. No one can do that." That gives you a perfectly valid reason not to do the trick again. After saying that, walk off so they can't badger you with more questions. If they follow you, I suggest you ignore them unless you can come up with any other smooth lines. If they prevent you from leaving or keep asking questions. Just continue your story that you have no idea how the trick is done so you can't answer any more questions.

That's one way out of it!

I do that! I did that with my b2-bomber. After doing the first bit, the guy told me to do it again, so I did the second bit and he asked me to do it again. So I said "I know" and handed him the examinable bit "what did you want me to do?" "Stab the pen through the paper" "well you can do that, stab it through, then what" "now take it out without leaving a hole". Then I rip it out (because they've already stabbed it through normally" leaving the biggest hole possible and say "You're crazy, noone can do something like that". Has the bonus feature that the audience member's just stabbed a pen through his/her own piece of paper and are now feeling like a right muffin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:25 am 

I always pretend that I have no idea what I did. Occasionally, I telling the truth. Once, my instructor was watching me do something for him and another instructor. Apparently, I flashed a card as I put it on the table, then when he picked it up it had changed. I have no idea what I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:52 pm 
Penguin

That just means your gifted. 8)