View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What if...
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

i have a matrix/ coins across effect done with cards. the coin are fully inspectable adn so are 3 of the cards but the 4th one is gaffed! what do i do if someone asks to look at it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:20 pm 
born to perform.

palm off the gaffed card while switching out the gaff for a real card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:21 pm 
born to perform.

Say that the trick will amaze you so much we need to get on with it now so you can be brace with the amazement.

Scott Romansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:07 pm 
born to perform.

After the trick put them away real fast and switch the gaff off in your pocket. Then when they say "can I see the cards?" Pull them back out and let them see it. (not the gaff)LoL This might help. Travinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:11 am 
Penguin

You should be striving to not allow spectators to inspect your props, UNLESS doing so actually works in your favor (for misdirection, etc.). Allowing the spectators to inspect interrupts the flow of your routine, and breaks down the invisible line between performer and spectator.

Allow spectators to see props on your own terms during the course of your trick, and move onto the next effect immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

foucault wrote:
You should be striving to not allow spectators to inspect your props, UNLESS doing so actually works in your favor (for misdirection, etc.). Allowing the spectators to inspect interrupts the flow of your routine, and breaks down the invisible line between performer and spectator.

Allow spectators to see props on your own terms during the course of your trick, and move onto the next effect immediately.

I agree with everything this man has said. I only let the spectators touch my props, weather it be cards or what have you, when it helps me. Letting your spectators feel free to touch everything that you show will only lead to disaster, i.e- your example. Guide them along and give subtle indicatons to let them know when they can touch, i.e- at the end of my ACR the bent signed card pops up to the top. I dont take the card off this time to show them that it is their card but I remain silent just looking at the card. Then the specatator knows or at leat feels like he/she can take the card to make sure it is theirs. While they are in amazement, I put the rest of my cards away and move on.

Dont let the spectators lead you, you lead them.

If they grab at your stuff, slap them and say "I dont come to your house and pee in your pool, so dont come and watch my show and touch my stuff."

Hope this helps
-Craig
(Sorry I dont have a spell check on this computer, sorry for any mistakes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:16 am 
born to perform.

learn a cleaner version, sometimes the only answer is the scrap the trick