View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

happens to you?
yes 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
always 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
sometimes 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
never 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: picky!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:31 am 
born to perform.

any of you guys no what to say when a spectoter is always picky and picking all the way from the bottom of the deck and a card from the top half has to be forced? and does this happen to any of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:14 am 

Happened to me a couple times. There are ways to avoid this or get away with it; if you feel that the spectator you are dealing with is a heckler and won't select a card from the top half of the deck spread thru the cards and ask them to put their finger on a card as you spread thru them, don't spread more than a half, most times they will put their finger on a card soon enough. Once they put their finger on one tell them to take it out and that is done. Another way is if the spectator still tries to take cards from the bottom stack close the cards immediately saying "actually let's make this easier, I will just riffle thru the cards and you call stop" and you can do a riffle or slip force. Basically a force that will allow you to force them a card from the top half of the deck.
First solution works fine for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:48 am 
Team Penguin

Never happens to me. You have to learn how to control your specs when forcing a card. Remember you are MAKING them pick the card YOU want them to pick. It is up to you to pull it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:49 am 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Never happens to me. You have to learn how to control your specs when forcing a card. Remember you are MAKING them pick the card YOU want them to pick. It is up to you to pull it off.

no offense but i dont think you even now what a heckler is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:18 pm 
Team Penguin

I have been performing a long time and yes I do know what a heckler is. But like I say, YOU are in control. You should learn to pick your helpers and stay away drom hecklers. It is something that takes time to learn but you will establish this skill after performing a lot. I have learned who to pick and who not to pick when performing. This is why I have not had a heckler in a long time to help me with a trick. Sure there are some in the audience and crowd, but never up choosing a card out of my hand.

I think that you would know that I know what a heckler is by reading some of my other posts. :wink: I have been doing this a fairly long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:35 pm 
born to perform.

well, ok the thing is its not exactly for my shows but its one of my cousins that is sort of my trick tester but he always seems to be heckling me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:37 am 

I have also been performing for quite a while and have had some tough cookies to deal with. At first they are very hard to control but as Kyle said with experience you can control them. You have to experement with what type of spectator you are dealing with. In this issue of yours in particular THINK, if the spectator is trying to get a card from elsewhere then it is an obvious fact that he does not trust you. Have you forced him a card before hand? Have you revealed a chosen card before hand? Was it too obvious that you were trying to force him a card from the top stock? Remember you still have to be casual when doing your magic, that's why you need practice.
I don't think you have enough experience performing yet and haven't experienced many tough cookies... you will eventually... but for now on that specific issue use what I already posted above.
j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:44 am 
born to perform.

sonicstabber3028 wrote:
if the spectator is trying to get a card from elsewhere then it is an obvious fact that he does not trust you.

Of course he doesn't trust you, he's a magician. Adults might take a card from your spread, but most school kids will try to kill the trick, or "be funny" by taking a card from wherever you're not trying to get them to. Even if you're not forcing, they will still do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:19 pm 
born to perform.

One thing I've picked up from performing and watching others perform, on the rare occasion they dont' go for the classic force, and want one from the bottom, then close up the deck, and say like, 'wait, I'll give this another cut.'. Keep your pinky break, and cut it so the force is on the bottom of the deck(or even still have your pinky break in the middle), and go for a hindu force. The hindu is almost 100% sure you're going to force their card, while the classic is kind of harder.

But remember, if they don't pick your forced card, don't think anything of it, and go into a different card trick, never let them know you intended for them to choose another card.

Post subject: Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:45 am 
Penguin

Yes
Usually on every trick i have to use forces! Does anyone know how to work NFW
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:26 am 

riverdancer asked
Quote:
Does anyone know how to work NFW

You just need immortal powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 am 
born to perform.

sonicstabber3028 wrote:
riverdancer asked
Quote:
Does anyone know how to work NFW

You just need immortal powers.

darn, I wanted to say that :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:21 pm 
Team Penguin

NFW is a trick that requires practice.

The emsly count is a bit hard to understand when written out, but if you could find somebody that knows it...they could show it to you and you will understand it much better. Aside from that, the rest of the trick is fairly easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:18 pm 
born to perform.

i hate people that take an extra 15-20 sec. deciding which card to take :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:11 pm 
born to perform.

thanks for you help guys but ive come up with a solution even though i didnt really like this force when i was beggining magic and thought it was to begginer.i found out the criss cross force is atually a very good force to use. :shock: