View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Any annoying hecklers ruining your tricks?
Yes 76%  76%  [ 38 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Re: sisters
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:36 am 
born to perform.

magicbmx wrote:
Don't EVER invite brothers or sisters to look at your trick with you. I was just about to do a trick to a person when my little sister walks by and says to me "Do you have your THING on?" and gives me a little wink. Groan. Another time I was doing the Raven to a friend of mine. It worked, but my other sister kinda saw what happened and said "Aww, um...you kinda messed up...you could see your....sticking outta your sleeve..." right in front of my spectator. I hate that!

Frankly it has nothing to do with them being your brother or sister, if they catch something sticking out of your sleeve everyone will say something, and if they dont, they're just being nice and humoring you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:36 pm 
Penguin

if my sis sees my get like, ehh my ultimate cane she says there's an ______attatched to it and it vanishes with ___________ before i even showed it to someone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:45 pm 
Penguin

go to i know that trick i've done it before. i posted something you might like. it is also in the outs and one liners.

Post subject: Re: sisters
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:57 pm 
born to perform.

Blindside462 wrote:
magicbmx wrote:
Don't EVER invite brothers or sisters to look at your trick with you. I was just about to do a trick to a person when my little sister walks by and says to me "Do you have your THING on?" and gives me a little wink. Groan. Another time I was doing the Raven to a friend of mine. It worked, but my other sister kinda saw what happened and said "Aww, um...you kinda messed up...you could see your....sticking outta your sleeve..." right in front of my spectator. I hate that!
oooooh you had a ANGLE PROBLEMOOOO!! practice in front of the mirror the only way they can see that is your angle

Actually, no I didn't. My spectator was at the exact angle, but my sisters were practically underneith me.

Woah, this thread is pretty old. *Wipes dust off screen.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:18 pm 
Penguin

i ask my brother to watch me when i practice ;]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:19 pm 
Penguin

no one watches me when i practice. but there's this guy who doesent understand the whole reason i do magic tricks.

right after an effect he will go like " i dont know how to do that one" "i think i know how to do that one"
apparently he thinks im testing him or challanging him whether or not he knows how its done or not. now i dont show him anything. he's a weird guy too. lol btw my dads a heckler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

i preformed the closer at a family and friend get together at a resturaunt and after, my dad told everyone the secret...and his explanation as to why he did that was that he thought that everyone already knew... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

hello9945 wrote:
I preformed the closer at a family and friend get together at a resturaunt and after, my dad told everyone the secret...and his explanation as to why he did that was that he thought that everyone already knew... :x

He shouldn't have known how it was done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:48 pm 
born to perform.

I always let my family be the test dummies. Sometimes I'll show 'em the secret if it's really clever, because hey - they won't be at school when I'm performing! And I do like 90% of my magic at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 am 
born to perform.

magicbmx wrote:
I always let my family be the test dummies. Sometimes I'll show 'em the secret if it's really clever, because hey - they won't be at school when I'm performing! And I do like 90% of my magic at school.

Our families should be cherrished like gold or anything else of extreme value. However, unless your family is of the magician type, they you shouldn't tell them the secrets. They obviously do not understand the importance of maintaining the secrets. Here's another thing to think about. If your Dad thought everyone already knew how it was done, then why would it be necessary to explain the secret? Your Dad doesn't understand the importance of magic to you. Consider this a lesson learned. It's hard to use family friends as test dummies. They are usually unrealistic spectators. My parents have never asked me to tell them how I do something (magic related). Instead, my Dad sort of brags about the fact that I don't even tell him how it's done. It's easier that way because then no one can ask him how I do it. But he loves to see me perform for others. I think he gets enjoyment from other people's reactions the same way I do.

You won't be in school forever...unless you become a teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:09 am 
born to perform.

Yeah, I won't be in school forever. I wonder where I'm going to perform afterwards...

I guess family members/friends aren't the best testers. I do have one magician friend at school that I show tricks to. He is about the same level as me, maybe a little bit lower. We always show/trade gimmicks/secrets with each other and improve on each other's performances and routines. We help each other alot, and It's really cool seeing what each other can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:49 pm 
born to perform.

creecy wrote:
hello9945 wrote:
I preformed the closer at a family and friend get together at a resturaunt and after, my dad told everyone the secret...and his explanation as to why he did that was that he thought that everyone already knew... :x

i always try my tricks on my dad first before using them for real spectators. he helps me get used to being around people other than the mirror so i can preform better, because unlike a mirror, he has the freedom to move around as a normal person might do, so i use him to test drive my effects. and get my angles better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

hello9945 wrote:
creecy wrote:
hello9945 wrote:

I always try my tricks on my dad first before using them for real spectators. he helps me get used to being around people other than the mirror so I can preform better, because unlike a mirror, he has the freedom to move around as a normal person might do, so I use him to test drive my effects. and get my angles better.

There's nothing wrong with practicing with your dad or family. But it is not necessary to tell them how something is done if they do not think as a magician. Because they won't understand the importance of not exposing the secrets and methods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:39 pm 
Penguin

my brother is kindof annoying about it, but my sis is a big help! I could have practiced a trick for weeks without showing anyone (by the way, at home all i do is homework, check email, forums, and magic and over the summer no hw or school :D ) then I show the trick to my sis, and she says something like "wow, that was really good, I didnt see the _________ at all! but when you ___________ you flashed the __________." I dont know how she does it, but shes always been like that, even to my cousin... :?