View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:21 pm 
Penguin

Let me know if this makes an interesting conversation Gallina.

"I have a problem with a trick."

"Stop doing that trick; it sucks. Problem solved."

"But I like this trick."

"Forget it. It stinks and so does every other trick in its genre'."

Let me guess, Gallina. Your parents taught you that if you express yourself freely, the world would respect you for having an opinion. And all people and opinions should be celebrated. Except of course when they disagree with your opinion; then you can call them names and say they're intolerant with "magic wands" up their butts.

Did Globeam start this forum so magicdude could tell him to give up?
No.
He started it so people could answer his questions.

Now let me ask another question.

Did magicdude come on this forum to participate in its conversation?
No.
He came on to a small forum so he could try to make himself the center of attention. Obviously he had no intention of participating in the conversation at hand.

Another question.

Did you come onto this forum to participate?
No.
You came onto the forum so you could tell me I'm being rude and trying to police people, which is exactly what you are doing. Did you have anything useful to add? Probably not. So instead of say nothing, you decided to try to elevate yourself to feed your already bloded ego.

Let me guess your next move will be to corret my grammar or spelling, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:55 pm 
Penguin

Just allow me to say this, if you peruse my posts, I have never, under any circumstance, until now commented about the nature of someone else's post. It is just not my nature. I am no police man.

I am sorry for getting involved. Normally, I would just ignore anything that bothered me. To be honest, after reading your post again, I am not sure what sparked my temper. I still think it wasn't your place to judge another's advice, but I think now in rhetrospect that I overreacted and it really was none of my business.

While you may feel otherwise, I am in fact a nice guy. Thankfully I have a great family too. My parents did always teach me to value other's opinions and no matter what, disagree respectfully. I guess that is something that I am working on.

Throughout my life, I have never tolerated bullies. People who bully in real life, and people who bully in places like this. For some reason, I have always felt the need to stand up for the little guy, and in this case I thought I was doing the right thing. Maybe I over stepped my bounds.

In the meantime, I am offering a truce. I apologize for my comments, and I hope we can all be more respectful to one another, and be more tolerant of the ideas of others- agree or not. I will definitely be working on this.

I did want to add what I was hoping to add earlier about the issue of levitation but was distracted. I get the t.v. talk all the time. "Can you do this or that?" is usually common. I just say something to the affect of, "yeah, but I am doing it right in front of you,"

Have any of you tried Elevator 2? I am waiting for mine to come in. It supposedly looks the best of the levitations, and can offer a view under your feet. If you can make it believable, I am sure others will forget the tricks they may have seen on t.v. I can post how to find one if your interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:57 pm 
Penguin

i agree with the last point you made.

if you do it well enough they will forget about anything else.

this is true with any effect. it doesnt matter what trick you do it matters how you present it.

take blaine for example, most people dont like him because his tricks are too simple. well guess what? he gets great reactions with them!

like his balducci, people FREAK OUT when they see his balducci. but when you or me do a balducci they say oh thats stupid, unless you have practiced it to the extent that david blaine did.

so it honestly doesnt matter if the levitation is one inch or 5. if you give the spec the right freedom in their mind to say its real, then they will think its real:D

happy to help-Tim