View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help for you
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:30 pm 
Penguin

If you have a gimmicked deck and you show a trick and the spectator wnats to examine the deck and you say something to avoid him from examining the deck.The he will know there's something going on.Here is what you do:When you finish a trick using a gimmicked deck immediately put the deck in your pocket.When they ask that they want to examine the deck.You ask if they want to do the trick and hand them a duplicate deck. If people ask you "how did you do that?".Just say "How else could I do it.I did it by magic". I hope this helps some people.

Post subject: Re: Help for you
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:40 am 
Penguin

Or you just say: " PASS TOMORROW!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:34 am 

I wouldn't put the deck in my pocket and then hand out a real one immediately, most people will have time to think that you switched them. I would put it in my pocket, keep talking as I immediately pull out the real deal. Still resist, showing yet another miracle with the real deck. By that time, the people really think its fake, because you did 2 or more "impossible" tricks, and youre resisting inspection. Also, with all the time in between, they completely forget that you even put the deck in the pocket (if you switched immediately and without attention to it). Then I would let them check out the deck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:23 am 
Penguin

When people ask,'How'd you do that?' I ask them if they can keep a secret. When they say "yes", I answer "So can I"! It gets a chuckle and allows you to keep going. If someone yells out,"hey I know how you did that" Never say "Oh yeah, how did I do it." You lose control that way. Instead simply reply, "So you're that masked magician" or maybe "Well then, you might be able to help me with this one then..." and launch into your next trick where you might even be able to set him up a bit. Never try to ridicule your audience. As much as an individual might frustrate you, you'll look much classier if you laugh with him rather than AT him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:10 am 
born to perform.

In a way it may be better not to show them the deck. If they want to see the deck it mens that they have a suspicion that the deck you're using is gimmicked, or at least one or two card are gaffed. If you do a deck switch and the catch you, this only proves their theory. If on the other hand you just refuse to show them the deck, they can not prove whether or not you have a gimmicked deck or if you just dont want them going through the deck.

A number of quick excuses, to be said confidently so it is not obvious you're hiding something, could be:
- "Wait a moment, I've still got more tricks to do. I'll let you look at it at the end."
- "Sorry, this is a new deck and I'm paranoid that someone's going to bend the cards or get their greasy mits all over them."

Another convincer, if you generally perform to the same people, is to not let them examine non-gaffed/gimmicked decks or props. This has the double-whammy of:
a) Not allowing an audience to disspell the theory that the trick is gimmicked, thus making it harder to figure out.
b) Making it a perfectly normal thing not to show them a gimmicked deck when you happen to have one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:04 pm 
Penguin

just say...if you liked that one check this out and just keep going. If there are being idiots...excuse yourself and move on to others. I use to fake a sneeze and say, "sorry...I'm alergic to A**holes". But not anymore...it just lowered me to their level and should not have esclated that far.