View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 pm 
Penguin

Last week I did the 5 and 1 Transpo, Invisible Deck, Out of This World, and Do as I Do for a substitute teacher. After each one, she said, "That was sleight of hand. Good job, but it had to have been sleight of hand. It can't be done any other way. I didn't see it but it was sleight of hand."

I have also been accused of palming cards on numerous occasions. I get this quite frequently when I do the Invisible Deck and Quick Trick.

I would also like to add that in my two months of magic I have yet to be caught making a move. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

holysmokes wrote:
Last week I did the 5 and 1 Transpo, Invisible Deck, Out of This World, and Do as I Do for a substitute teacher. After each one, she said, "That was sleight of hand. Good job, but it had to have been sleight of hand. It can't be done any other way. I didn't see it but it was sleight of hand."

I have also been accused of palming cards on numerous occasions. I get this quite frequently when I do the Invisible Deck and Quick Trick.

I would also like to add that in my two months of magic I have yet to be caught making a move. :D

2 months and you're being accused of excellent sleight of hand? Good job, bud. :)

Anyways, my funniest explanation was right before I performed Sinful, I ate a Skittle, andsomeone said I had a magical bag of Skittles that gave me magic powers. I gave him the Skittles, and he accused me of floding the bag into fourths, and giving him a duplicate bag of Skittles. What a weirdo. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
^ that is one of the weridest things i have heard someone say. My English teacher asked me to do a trick, i didnt have cards with me or any coins, so i told her i couldnt but she wipped out a pack of bikes and threw them over to me. I did a couple of tricks, but then i decided to do a Hot Shot cut reveal, and some kid yelled out that i was using a magnet to make the card fly into the air and come back to my hand. My hot shot cut was somewhat of a boomerang throw... I really just burst out laughing when these people just "think" they know how its done..

-MagicMan135

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:35 pm 
Penguin

Magic_Matts wrote:
2 months and you're being accused of excellent sleight of hand? Good job, bud. :)

Anyways, my funniest explanation was right before I performed Sinful, I ate a Skittle, andsomeone said I had a magical bag of Skittles that gave me magic powers. I gave him the Skittles, and he accused me of floding the bag into fourths, and giving him a duplicate bag of Skittles. What a weirdo. :lol:

Haha. Thank you.

And that story is just too weird. How do people come up with this stuff? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

while using the raven to change a penny to a dime someone told me i was quickly reaching down and changing the coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 pm 
Penguin

I did the spiked coin tricks for some of my friends and they said that there was a magnet.i died laughing and then i said "how will a magnet help everything is plastic!"they looked pretty stupid standing there.i also did the tiny magic coloring book and my friend thought that my patter (of saying how i can make pictures by snapping blank by wiping and colored by scribbling)so i did it without any of that and he too looked stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:10 pm 
born to perform.

gxs500 wrote:
I did the spiked coin tricks for some of my friends and they said that there was a magnet.I died laughing and then I said "how will a magnet help everything is plastic!"they looked pretty stupid standing there.I also did the tiny magic coloring book and my friend thought that my patter (of saying how I can make pictures by snapping blank by wiping and colored by scribbling)so I did it without any of that and he too looked stupid.

Oh, but plastic is magnetic! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

One time I did an XCM thing where the cards are stacked up like a tower, and somebody accused me of stringing my cards together with fishing line to keep them from falling. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

magicbmx wrote:
One time I did an XCM thing where the cards are stacked up like a tower, and somebody accused me of stringing my cards together with fishing line to keep them from falling. :?

haha i'd like to get into xcm, is it hard?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:02 am 
born to perform.

Flipskater1327 wrote:
magicbmx wrote:

haha I'd like to get into xcm, is it hard?!

well its not easy !!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

Some people say those magic things they know when they don't even know what they are. I have done effects that can be done as slow as humanly possible and when I'm done, someone says "You have fast hands" or "Wow, the hand really is quicker than the eye". Of course a good reply would be, "what do you mean?...my hands were moving so slow that time that even a blind person could have seen it".

The other thing people always say is "are those trick cards?". I never use them so I disprove that quickly. That's usually the only explanation that I'll entertain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

Flipskater1327 wrote:
magicbmx wrote:

haha I'd like to get into xcm, is it hard?!

I'd like to start XCM too! :lol:

I only know, like, one flashy thing. I wan't to know more; I'm thinking of buying a DVD or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:13 pm 
Penguin

This one time I did this ACR for this chick and she stopped breathing for hours. She almost died. Not because the trick was good, but because she was overwhelmed by the fact she was so close to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

well, the following didnt hapen to me but my local magic dealers magician told my this when we were chatting about magic and crap.
he said that once he was doing a show and during which he did a floating bill kind of trick and it just so happen there was a drunk guy in the audiece during the time with a beer can in each hand raising them up and down like a seesaw any ways after the show he said that some other drunk guy can up to him and said: i now how you did that trick, you had a thread attached to each of those beer cans that guy was holding and when he was lifting them up and do the dollar bill would rise up. :lol: :lol: :lol: i found that to be quite funny, when he shared this to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:53 pm 
Penguin

i bet we have all had this one after an ambitious card routine... (signed card of course)
"i know how you do that it's simple, everycard in the deck is the same." it's like the effect is so puzzling they forget about the fact that the card is signed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next