View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39 pm 
born to perform.

WillD wrote:
I did STS to a friend of mine and he said: "Whatever you had strings in your hand attached to your shoelaces and tied them with the strings!"

whenever i do that alot of people think i have magnetic shoelaces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:51 pm 
Penguin

cgregory23 wrote:
WillD wrote:
I did STS to a friend of mine and he said: "Whatever you had strings in your hand attached to your shoelaces and tied them with the strings!"

whenever I do that alot of people think I have magnetic shoelaces
Haha. I love to hear peoples' explanations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:17 pm 
born to perform.

WillD wrote:
cgregory23 wrote:
WillD wrote:

whenever I do that alot of people think I have magnetic shoelaces
Haha. I love to hear peoples' explanations.

Actually i thought the secret of the STS was pretty far-fetched. I saw it, and thought it was done with fishing line that the laces are threaded through and the fishing line is fastend into a loop. A magnet is at the end of the loop, and a magnet is at the end of each shoelace. I thought that when the magician shook the laces, they just followed the path of the fishing line until they clicked with the other magnet. HAHA!

(Thats not how it's actually done, for people who dont own it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
My friends watched my vid of the Wild levitation and they thought i did a pull up :shock: And when i move a match with my M5 they say I use string when i wave a card over. But some of these exp. are just WACK :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:44 pm 
born to perform.

Both of those are methods that have been used for those effects...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

It concerns me how you guys think the explanations are bad. Do not forget the key rule: A magican who knows 90% of how the trick works is still fooled. A layman who knows just 10% of how the trick works isn't.

A lot of the explanations mentioned above look over 10%. That means you're failing as magicians - not the spectators failing as spectators.

This thread is supposed to be about wild, really out-there explanations that although might work in theory just plain wouldn't work in practise, like explaining the D'lites as someone in the back row using a laser pen, shining it on the magician's thumbs. That's a bad explanation. Suggesting that invisible thread is used to float a match on a card is NOT a bad explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:55 pm 
Penguin

I did a trick with two stones at a camp I worked at. I did a french drop pretending to put a stone in my left hand, and put the other stone in my right. I have the kids blow on my left fist and the stone dissappears and ends up in the other hand with the other stone. Simple pimple right?
WELL
"You have some device that causes the rock to go down, tunnel under ground, and comes back up your pant leg under your clothes and into your other hand."
HAHAHA! This was by far the funniest explanation I've ever heard. And I just said... "That's right! There's an underground tunnel!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

debwaud wrote:
I did a trick with two stones at a camp I worked at. I did a french drop pretending to put a stone in my left hand, and put the other stone in my right. I have the kids blow on my left fist and the stone dissappears and ends up in the other hand with the other stone. Simple pimple right?
WELL
"You have some device that causes the rock to go down, tunnel under ground, and comes back up your pant leg under your clothes and into your other hand."
HAHAHA! This was by far the funniest explanation I've ever heard. And I just said... "That's right! There's an underground tunnel!"

Now that's a funny explanation! Hahah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:26 am 
Penguin

lol yea. I can only wish that's how the trick worked. That would be AMAZING!! Kids are soo funny lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

this one was funny!

i was doing all these things with cards and the girl was like "they are magic cards"

i said: you mean like cards that when you rub your hand over them they can change and stuff (i did the clasic color chance while saying this)

she said: yea

i had drawn her ferther down that road that the cards can just chance and stuff, to her it was a logical explaination. "oh, the cards are magic, so they just change" it was funnY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 am 
Penguin

I was doing the raven to my friends dad and he said " Nice try, but I know you have some kind of magnet." I said coins aren't magnetic. You try with a magnet. He tried and didn't sucseed. He then goes "well then you have some adhesive or tape on your hand. I did it again and immediatly after showed my hand empty. He dismissed all of his theorys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:07 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
Mindfreakkid365 wrote:
I was doing the raven to my friends dad and he said " Nice try, but I know you have some kind of magnet." I said coins aren't magnetic. You try with a magnet. He tried and didn't sucseed. He then goes "well then you have some adhesive or tape on your hand. I did it again and immediatly after showed my hand empty. He dismissed all of his theorys.

That's good! My favorite one came from a seventh grader, "You have a machine that stops time, like in Click, and while we were frozen you moved the sponge balls around!" and the thing is, he wasn't trying to be funny! He wanted to see the device! He kept at it so much, I had to stop and just laugh and laugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 pm 
Penguin

Tutorals wrote:
well I did the hummer card and this kid went around telling ppl that I use magnetic hand cream and everyone bought it. and I was like o god here it goes again so I had to wash my hands before I did the trick next time and finally everyone didnt belive him

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest s h i t i ever heard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:46 pm 
Penguin

I did sinful for some people and one guy shouted out "trick quarter!"

...it was his quarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

I was doing the coin roll during class because i was bored and got like 5 peoples attention directed toward my hand. Some kid said it's gotta be a magnetic coin so i borrowed his and did it.

Another time i was doing a silk and TT routine. I blew on my hand and then showed the silk to be gone and my teacher said that i slipped the hanky into my mouth and swallowed it as i blew. I decided to mess with her and said "That's exactly right! How'd you know?" Then i opend my mouth, put my hand in, and pulled out the silk!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next