View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
That's good! My favorite one came from a seventh grader, "You have a machine that stops time, like in Click, and while we were frozen you moved the sponge balls around!" and the thing is, he wasn't trying to be funny! He wanted to see the device! He kept at it so much, I had to stop and just laugh and laugh!

You could use that for some awesome patter! Have a weird looking remote in your pocket, and pretend to stop time with it! When people don't believe you show that the item has vanished/multiplied/changed/ or appeared. Imagine the looks on peoples faces when they believe you. That would be funny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:24 pm 
Penguin

I love Cyrils patter with the acr. Ater the routine...

"You see the reason the cards go back on top is because everytime i snap my fingers, time goes back 15 secons... Watch... Watch closely...."

'snap'

"You see the reason the cards go back on top is because everytime i snap my fingers, time goes back 15 secons... Watch... Watch closely...."

'snap'

Just do this a few times till they get the joke. hehehe.

Post subject: m5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:53 pm 
Penguin

i was doing the m5 and some one said it was a magnet. i was doing it with a match so i said wood isn't magnetic. she then thinks for a minute and lies, "well i read in national geographic that they found a magnet that atracts wood" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Post subject: Re: worsy explanation from a spec
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

dazig2 wrote:
what is is the worst explanation that you have gotten from a spec when you get done with a trick...personally I will do a trick and and some one will say I saw that. to which I replied what did you see? they take the deck from me and trry to do it for a sec and then say "well I cant do it but I know that you took that card and fliped it". I cant help but laugh so let me know I am curious

a kid believed my cards where "magic". not that i was doing magic, that they cards were magic. i did double...d...(some trick from double take) and the girl said (those are magic cards)
i said "you mean like ones that when i rub my hand over the card the cards can change" (i said this as i did a color change simotaniously) and she said "yea, like those" she believed the cards were magic. to her, they were magic magic, the cards just changed. it was her explation for it and she blieved it to the extent it was not suprizing to her, it was her explanation for it@!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:14 pm 
Penguin

When I first learned spun, I performed the floating coin part of it and not the bend to my friends, one of which said it was a "helecopter effect" and I had to spin it just right in order for it to work. He was just kidding, but the other believed him and took another coin and started spinning it himself, trying to get it just right!

Post subject: funny!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:46 am 
Penguin

I was performing Morgan's Closer routine and when I handed them back their signed bent coin, they looked at it and said the sharpie marker contained some special ingredient that makes the coin soft. He grabbed the sharpie marker and tried it with his own coin. He looked at me and said,"Well, I know it has something to do with the sharpie."

I just smiled and walked away.

Thank you,
lolx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:15 am 
Penguin

I performed the closer routine... and not only did i receive this explanation from a random girl... but my own girlfriend coincidentally gave me this same explanation the following day...

..."You rub your fingers together to create heat, or generate heat somehow to bend the coin"...

Now that would be a heck of a lot of heat to bend a coin, wouldnt it be? =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:01 pm 
Penguin

I did the trick when the spec card is flipped in the deck, and they said i inserted it flipped up :evil:
in Fadeout someone thought i had cards that erase themselves after a minute.
lol i done a doubelift, the card was still on top, and the spec said: "nahh, whats the point? you switched them.."
wot da?..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:59 am 
born to perform.

i did that little lipstick trick taught on mindfreak(i thought it was a pretty cool trick) and a kid said the lipstick when into powder and came in through the side of my hand.

INDECENT: they thought i was using some sort of trick bag even tho i let them examine it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

Mindfreakkid365 wrote:
I was doing the raven to my friends dad and he said " Nice try, but I know you have some kind of magnet." I said coins aren't magnetic. You try with a magnet. He tried and didn't sucseed. He then goes "well then you have some adhesive or tape on your hand. I did it again and immediatly after showed my hand empty. He dismissed all of his theorys.

Ahh.... The advantage to living in Canada: canadian coins are magnetic...

:o :o

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

yeah i did penny to dime with my m5 and the people said it was a double sided coin lol. i let them inspect it and they said that it was a magic coin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:51 am 
born to perform.

magicbmx wrote:
Flipskater1327 wrote:
magicbmx wrote:
One time I did an XCM thing where the cards are stacked up like a tower, and somebody accused me of stringing my cards together with fishing line to keep them from falling. :?

haha I'd like to get into xcm, is it hard?!

I'd like to start XCM too! :lol:

I only know, like, one flashy thing. I wan't to know more; I'm thinking of buying a DVD or something.

Xtreme Beginerz!!!!! BY Devo!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:40 am 
Penguin

i was doing the backpalm vanish with a card to my freind and he thought that i just throw the card into my pocket then pull it out really fast. The funniest thing is, the pants i had on had no pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am 
Penguin

sometimes, a spectator will say, "He's got quick hands, that's why we don't see it", although it had nothing to do with speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 pm 
Penguin

lmao these are hilarious

anyway my funniest would have to be when i did the closer then the bacculdi levitation. A h/s freshmen said "ik how you did that you clark kent superman in discuise"

and i performed a trick where i stopped time and someone said "your watch sent out a strong emp blast for five miles" lmao the guy kept checkin peoples watches

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next