View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:31 am 
born to perform.

I've been off this site for a long time. What was the december beta version of 2.0 like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:33 am 
born to perform.

They demoed it for a few days in January but reverted it back to this one because there were still a few glitches. It looked pretty awesome – black background with white writing. The new logo looked like this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:30 am 
born to perform.

what was it exactly? A cooler looking version of what we have at the moment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:41 am 
born to perform.

No, I was just making it up. The logo might have been a giveaway. Where the site currently stands is as close to 2.0 as it gets, until 2.0 actually comes out that is. I predict 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am 
born to perform.

oh, boy that makes me look gullible :( I thought your logo was pretty nifty, and with the drunken-cameraman effect penguin seems to be employing nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if they did choose a cooler layout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:16 am 
born to perform.

My honest opinion is that the look of Penguin 2.0 will reflect the look of the newer demo videos, that is to say that the website will be predominantly white/light grey, like it is now, although instead of blue they might go for some sort of grey or at least a grey-ish blue. They might also texture the background like they have in the videos.

I think the main difference between Penguin 1 and Penguin 2 will be the functionality rather than appearance, although they probably will give it a new look in order to distinguish it from what it currently is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:06 am 
born to perform.

What is the official news on the new features?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:56 am 
born to perform.

That's the thing; there isn't any official news about the new features. That's why all the members are getting a little impatient and cracking the "It'll be out in two weeks" line.

However, we have the following information:

Maxwell wrote:
Penguin 2.0 is our top priority ... . We're making steady progress. It's a huge task, and we're doing it right--no shortcuts. We're building the foundation that the Penguin Magic of the next 10 years will be built upon. Once we make the switch we'll be able to add new features and iterate much more quickly. It's just building the foundation and getting all of the integration points right that is taking so much time. . . . It's impossible for me to give an accurate estimate. I wish I could, but I just don't have enough experience with programming projects of this scale. Obviously we're behind schedule, but we're VERY close. One thing I do know for sure is that once we're ready to start beta testing we'll be asking you guys to help take the new site for a test drive. . . . We need to build [the ability for users to submit free tricks] into Penguin 2.0. . . . [A wish list is] already done in Penguin 2.0 (I wrote the code myself). . . . [Advanced searching is] coming in Penguin 2.0. . . . Penguin 2.0 has a "Click here to suggest an improvement to this product description" button. We're excited to see how that works.

If you want my opinion, the new site won't be ready until some time in 2008, hopefully the first quarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:06 am 
born to perform.

Lawboy wrote:
That's the thing; there isn't any official news about the new features. That's why all the members are getting a little impatient and cracking the "It'll be out in two weeks" line.

However, we have the following information:

Maxwell wrote:
Penguin 2.0 is our top priority ... . We're making steady progress. It's a huge task, and we're doing it right--no shortcuts. We're building the foundation that the Penguin Magic of the next 10 years will be built upon. Once we make the switch we'll be able to add new features and iterate much more quickly. It's just building the foundation and getting all of the integration points right that is taking so much time. . . . It's impossible for me to give an accurate estimate. I wish I could, but I just don't have enough experience with programming projects of this scale. Obviously we're behind schedule, but we're VERY close. One thing I do know for sure is that once we're ready to start beta testing we'll be asking you guys to help take the new site for a test drive. . . . We need to build [the ability for users to submit free tricks] into Penguin 2.0. . . . [A wish list is] already done in Penguin 2.0 (I wrote the code myself). . . . [Advanced searching is] coming in Penguin 2.0. . . . Penguin 2.0 has a "Click here to suggest an improvement to this product description" button. We're excited to see how that works.

If you want my opinion, the new site won't be ready until some time in 2008, hopefully the first quarter.

Hmm... those features sound cool. The only thing I'm worried about is the submission of free tricks. I have a feeling that most of them are going to be spam/sucky tricks that expose...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2