View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Hows my grammer and spelling, ect...?
Great A+ 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
O.k. B+ 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Poor C+ 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Restaurant Magicians Please read~ Advise please
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:28 am 
born to perform.

Alright, I'm about done asking questions and about to go apply for the job but I have a couple of easy questions:

1. The two Restaurants I'm going to target first is "T.G.I Fridays", and "Chillies", and I am going to charge $90.00-$120.00 per-day or work $25.00/hour for 4 hours - $30.00/hour for 4 hours (I dont know if this is all going to happen but this is what I am going to say to the general manger, unless I decide to change it because someone made a good point.) My question is, is the following infomation good for those types of Restaurants I had listed above? I do live in Houston, tx to give you an idea of the money in a big city.

Thanks~

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:28 am 

Tay, I just went to your site. First a quick suggestion. You have written above the screen of you video clip the word "Performaning" Not good if you want a prospective customer to see your site.

OK to your question, before you ask us who do not live in Houston or even in Texas, why not go to a ring meeting and talk to working magicians. They can see your abilities and make an educated assesment so as to set your rate.

Personally from what I have seen on your site and read what you have written here, I don't believe you are ready yet. But again, that is just from what I have seen here so get an opinion of pros that can see your act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:37 am 
born to perform.

Taylor, It looks like Paddy is right. I too browsed your Website, and it has many spelling mistakes, as well as grammatical errors. I would not want my clients to view a site with that many errors, sorry brother. Perhaps, you can have an adult look over your site and correct the spelling and grammar.

Plus, in my opinion, you are giving too much information on your site. Everything there seems to ramble on. Work on editing and I think it could be much better.

I have to agree with Paddy, I do not believe you are ready to work Restaurants. With a little more refinement and a lot more maturity, you will soon be on your way to making it big.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:10 am 
born to perform.

O.k I will work on the Website this week, but are those good prices for thoses types of restaurants?

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:22 am 
Emperor Penguin

thegenius3232 wrote:
O.k I will work on the Website this week, but are those good prices for thoses types of restaurants?

-MagicTay

Join IBM, and start going to the meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:50 pm 
born to perform.

no idea on prices, i dont live in america, let alone your area. The site, sorry, is awful, saying "i hope i get the job at the restaurants i apply to" sounds desperate, babyish and generally immature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

About the poll, it's "grammar", and the whole question should probably look like this:

"How's my grammar/spelling/punctuation, etc."

Just my opinion... and sorry, I can't help you with the prices. Your website is slowly getting there, but it's still not that good. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but it is Chilli's, not Chillies... at least it is where I live. I would also take out the smilies at the top... IMO, they make you look young and immature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

Judging from your posts and other things, I would say wait a year or two, and join a magic ring so that you can get advice from other magicians who can actually see you perform somewhat more than we can. I think in time you would probably be able to get a job like you want, but only because you are stopping and thinking if you can actually do it or not. And as far as that, well from what I have seen I think you still have quite some distance to go. Eventually you will get there if you keep trying though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:51 pm 
born to perform.

MagicTay, you simply are not ready for restaurant magic. Based on what you say, how you spell, etc, you prove that you are too young. Take the advice of everyone else; join a ring such as IBM and get the advice from seasoned professionals. Take a couple of years to work on your craft and then go out for restaurants. Right now you have no idea how much to charge. If you want to go out and work then you have to know how much you want to charge. You shouldn't be asking everyone else what you should do one month before you do it. You are seriously going to embarrass yourself if you try to get a restaurant job right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:30 pm 
born to perform.

Alright, thanks for the advise.

currenly I am making a new site so please stop telling me these grammer mistakes on that one. Thanks~

-MagicTay

P.S. I did last week join the IBM, and got alot of great info. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:57 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
thegenius3232 wrote:
Alright, thanks for the advise.

currenly I am making a new site so please stop telling me these grammer mistakes on that one. Thanks~

-MagicTay

P.S. I did last week join the IBM, and got alot of great info. thanks!

Didn't you already make a new website once? Or have I mistaken you for someone else with a bad website? I seem to remember that you claimed your friend did the website and made all the mistakes.

Why didn't you correct everything when you had the chance? And how can we believe that you'll correct everything this time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 am 
born to perform.

Taylor, I just got another chance to look over your entire site which includes your Homepage, Contact page and your Performance page (which you have misspelled "Preformance"). Yes, I realize you do not want us to point out these types of errors. However, if you truly want to be a Professional Magician...these errors are unacceptable. You need to correct these mistakes.

You mentioned you would work on your site...and yet, since my first visit, nothing has been changed. I implore you to correct all of the errors and edit the content.

Specifically: Homepage needs to be re-written, revised and revamped...bringing it up to a much more Professional standard. That means no "smiley" faces...sorry, brother.

Contact Page is alright except for your statement "I WILL NOT TRAVEL OUT OF HOUSTON, TX!"
As a Professional Magician you will be required to travel all over. Please delete that statement.
Also your statement "Please let me know how long you want me to perform for you and I'll let you know how much that time will cost" is completely unacceptable for a Professional. It should read, more like this: For Bookings and Information contact: (Contact Information).

Finally, Performance Page needs to have photos which are in focus and not of poor quality. You could do without the card collection and handcuff collection photos (in my opinion). Also, your video needs to be re-done. It too is out of focus. It is hard to tell what exactly, you vanished. Camera work is unstable and shaky. Please have this video filmed by a Professional.

Sometimes, you have to take a hard look at what you want to achieve. Bringing your website to our attention, you must realize, we wish to help you all that we can. It is not my intention to criticize you, but to educate you. You will really need to put the time in to make corrections on your Website.

Restaurant work can be very rewarding. At your young age, you will have plenty of time to experience all that our Magical Arts have to offer. So, practice your craft and make us proud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
Taylor, I just got another chance to look over your entire site which includes your Homepage, Contact page and your Performance page (which you have misspelled "Preformance"). Yes, I realize you do not want us to point out these types of errors. However, if you truly want to be a Professional Magician...these errors are unacceptable. You need to correct these mistakes.

You mentioned you would work on your site...and yet, since my first visit, nothing has been changed. I implore you to correct all of the errors and edit the content.

Specifically: Homepage needs to be re-written, revised and revamped...bringing it up to a much more Professional standard. That means no "smiley" faces...sorry, brother.

Contact Page is alright except for your statement "I WILL NOT TRAVEL OUT OF HOUSTON, TX!"
As a Professional Magician you will be required to travel all over. Please delete that statement.
Also your statement "Please let me know how long you want me to perform for you and I'll let you know how much that time will cost" is completely unacceptable for a Professional. It should read, more like this: For Bookings and Information contact: (Contact Information).

Finally, Performance Page needs to have photos which are in focus and not of poor quality. You could do without the card collection and handcuff collection photos (in my opinion). Also, your video needs to be re-done. It too is out of focus. It is hard to tell what exactly, you vanished. Camera work is unstable and shaky. Please have this video filmed by a Professional.

Sometimes, you have to take a hard look at what you want to achieve. Bringing your website to our attention, you must realize, we wish to help you all that we can. It is not my intention to criticize you, but to educate you. You will really need to put the time in to make corrections on your Website.

Restaurant work can be very rewarding. At your young age, you will have plenty of time to experience all that our Magical Arts have to offer. So, practice your craft and make us proud.

First off if you read my other post I am currently working on a new website so screw the one you have please. And with the "wont perform out of Houston tx!" is my way of saying that I'm not going to go out of the city, im not a perfessinal magician so stop treating me like one im only 16, i dont think im even going to be a perfessinal when i grow up so please stop treating me like one.

"I AM ONLY HERE ON THIS POST TO GET ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICES, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICE'S DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL."

thank you~

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Thegenius3232, I can only hope that someday I'll be as perfessinal as you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:34 pm 

Genius wrote
Quote:
"I AM ONLY HERE ON THIS POST TO GET ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICES, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVISE ABOUT MY PRICE'S DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL." thank you~ -MagicTay

Tay, you can charge $1 an hour, it won't make a difference if people see a poor website, or if your resume has spelling errors like "perfessinal."

We don't care what you want to be when you row up but what you're doing NOW is a reflection on all of us who are professional. People see you acting like a magician and will judge all of us. We have all said you are not ready so listen to what we are telling you. Not only that you're not ready but your site is so bad that you have to take it down. Stop lieing about "working on it," either work on the dam thing or blow it off.