View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coin Bite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:43 pm 
Penguin

yea i am looking into buying a coin bite off penguin duh and i recently saw the rubber bands for it. this made me a little nervous about it does that mean that the coin will brake after using it a few times because i plan on using it alot and if it brakes easily im not getting it can some1 please tell me 1) what are the rubber bands used for
2) do i need the bands
3) are the bands visible

thanks pb_05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:51 pm 
Penguin

great tirck, the bands are not visible, you get ithink five or so bands with the efect, and that should last you a couple of months, get the extra ruber bands,and you will be set for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:29 pm 
born to perform.

For orthodontic work they use little rubber things to place in between the molar teeth to space the teeth. They are called spacers, and you might be able to get them for free from your local dentist if you ask them. They should work for folding quarters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:36 am 
Penguin

djvartanian wrote:
great tirck, the bands are not visible, you get ithink five or so bands with the efect, and that should last you a couple of months, get the extra ruber bands,and you will be set for a long time.

does that mean you need to use a band every time that you perform??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:59 pm 
Penguin

no you dont need to replace the band after each use.. they will actually last quite a while. i just give mine a quick inspection before i put it into use. the dental bands work just fine.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:25 pm 
born to perform.

jamberry wrote:
For orthodontic work they use little rubber things to place in between the molar teeth to space the teeth. They are called spacers, and you might be able to get them for free from your local dentist if you ask them. They should work for folding quarters.

Spacers won't work. You can't stretch a spacer that far. You would need to ask for elastics, which will work fine for the quarters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:59 pm 
born to perform.

VJPasq wrote:
jamberry wrote:

Spacers won't work. You can't stretch a spacer that far. You would need to ask for elastics, which will work fine for the quarters.

Ah, the elastics! Okay.

Yeah, you can get those from your dentist or orthodontist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:40 pm 
Penguin

you can do either...go for it its a great trick...i got mine from a small shop in tn though so i wouldnt know what that ones like...its really really easy to master and u only have to change the rubber band once in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

they stretch out and the snapup starts to go pretty slow after not that much use so yes get rubberbands for it and i went to my local orthadontist and they wouldnt sell them or give them away to people that dont get braces there.. and i dont have braces so i had to buy them off penguin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:02 pm 
Penguin

My mom is a dentist, so I have tons of those bands.

BUT, they are actually one size too big, and you could have a small (about a mm) extra sticking out. Of course, you could always just cover it with your finger though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:23 pm 
Penguin

the rubberband, and the quarter is all one piece..not even you will see the rubberband though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm 
born to perform.

magic_reza wrote:
they stretch out and the snapup starts to go pretty slow after not that much use so yes get rubberbands for it and i went to my local orthadontist and they wouldnt sell them or give them away to people that dont get braces there.. and i dont have braces so i had to buy them off penguin

When the snap up starts to get slower, is it slow enough for the spectators to see that you just let it snap up from behind the bitten coin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

google521 wrote:
magic_reza wrote:

When the snap up starts to get slower, is it slow enough for the spectators to see that you just let it snap up from behind the bitten coin?

Yeah, if the band gets weak then they can see the piece snap up briefly. At least I can in the mirror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 pm 
born to perform.

kraynik wrote:
google521 wrote:
magic_reza wrote:

Yeah, if the band gets weak then they can see the piece snap up briefly. At least I can in the mirror.

Awww... I was thinking of getting the coin bite but since you can see it when the elastic starts to get warn in more, I think I'm not going to get it. I don't want to be buying and buying elastics all the time :cry: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You don't have to keep buying elastics constantly. And really, they are cheap. Plus, to help with the effect, once the bands start getting worn out, all you have to do is move the coin a little bit. The big movement will cover the smaller movement.