View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My first college gig.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:03 pm 
Penguin

I remember it well. About 4 years ago I performed at Morton college in Cicero Illinois. I had been a performer for a while and it scared me to break into a prestigious venue such as the college realm. Well I started performing and FRIED THEM! It was amazing! The audiences are extremely open and interactive!

I received a standing ovation from my metal bending! Truly Amazing!

Since that day I have toured the us doing the college market. I love it! The best part are the college after parties, although I DO NOT condone attending as it can destroy your credibility with bookers. I have learned some ups and downs but in the end I love this biz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:11 pm 
Penguin

Sorry this essays so short, my moms having surgery and I will add more as I get free time.

On pricing, the average price for a college show is $1000-3500. If you low ball the market it kills all business and our value diminishes. It is important that people understand pricing so they dont hurt us all in the long run. That money pays for the slow times, websites, cold calling, phone bills, agent fees, travel, and replenishing of new magic to name a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

wow you can really make some money doing that. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:01 am 
Penguin

Yes sir, its a great way to see the country as well. Mentalism is amazing and fun. I just compressed a flash movie full of pics of different shows, and I realized what Ive accomplished in the past few years. I have worked in 3 side shows done dozens of colleges and a lot of corporate on top of tv radio etc. Its a nice collage of pics if anyones interested in seeing some moments of me performing check out www.scottxavier.com its on the front page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:56 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Have you really been " the leading mentalist on college campuses"?

What were the other mentalists like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 pm 
Penguin

LOL, no, but it helps me sell more shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

Banachek sold me on the idea of doing the 'college' circuit (although here I guess it would be a University circuit), maybe I'll look into getting the experience and effects to play a full 60-80 minutes show to a bigger crowd and do some local stuff. I've no aspirations of making it my living, but I certainly love performing.

Does Banachek still tour the colleges? And who cares how you advertise your show? Bums on seats laddy, bums on seats!