View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: School Talent HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:34 pm 
Penguin

tupelo wrote:
obi5967 wrote:
j1juan wrote:
CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE A LIST OF TRICKS OF WHAT TO BUY? CUZ IM GONNA JOIN MY SCHOOL'S TALENT SHOW NEXT YEAR. PLEASE NAME SOME GREAT TRICKS. I already have Hummer Card, D'lite, (thinking of getting the d'lite flight", criss angel levitation, Self Vanish ( for Finale). thats kinda it. Any suggestions?! please?! Price doesnt matter. cuz im crazy like that. ugh im soo obsessed.

Since when is the Criss Angel Levitation a stage levitation? You're not even facing the audience... but okay. You need to not type in all caps and sit back and think about what kind of show you want to do and then the effects come after. Put some thought into it and come back in a week or so.
I have seen people do it before. You need cover which doesn't look good but you can do it. The crowd went wild over it. (It is somewhere on youtube) I wouldn't do it becuase of cover BUT that is just me.

I agree completely. There are so many better stage levitations out there... Asrah, Zombie ball... I just didn't understand why he'd pick Criss Angel's over the tried and true classics... but oh well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Because people would think he is as good as Criss Angel because he did the same thing Criss did......DUH!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:27 pm 
Penguin

I'd suggest a routine with a jumbo invisible deck. I created a routine in which I tell the audience that I have a "special gift" - I can predict the future. (at this point I play the theme from Harry Potter - and have it continuing to play in the background throught the first half of the routine) I then take out a crystal ball and a small deck of cards. I tell the audience that I gazed into my crystal ball and saw a vision of a card from the deck that someone in the audience had selected. I announce that the deck is two small for a group that large and take out the jumbo deck (still in its case), stating "Not a problem, since I also have a big deck." (may be a bit risque for school, but sure to get some laughs) I ask everyone to think of a card (this is great since now everyone in the audience is participating in the illusion). I ask them to remember their card and not say it aloud to anyone, and I take the deck and place it into a clear plastic case, where it remains until the end of the show. I remind the audience that the deck has remained unopened by me, and can not be touched by me throughout the act - until the card is revealed - which I have no way of knowing since I have yet to select someone from the audience. Place the plastic case on a stand in full view of the audience - and ask them to keep an eye on it to make sure that you don't go near it. (Audience members later told me that they kept watching it everytime I walked near the case.)

Continue with your act.

At the end of your act pretend like you are finished and ready to leave, but play the Harry Potter music again. Announce you have some "unfinished business" to attend to. Remind everyone what transpired earlier (mentioning how you showed everyone your "big deck" - lots of laughs again). Then announce that you are going to randomly select someone from the audience to reveal their card. At this point I pretend like I'm going to toss my (large and heavy) crystal ball over my should into the audience (an homage to something similar David Copperfield does in his current show). Just as I'm about to do so (with the audience gasping - seriously!), I tell them, "I may be psychic, but I'm not crazy!" I then produce two beach balls, toss them into the audience behind my back, and ask those who catch them to toss them two more times. The two who end up with the balls then stand and I announce that "I'm feeling up to a challenge" so I ask one person to reveal the suit only of their card, the other the value of their card - which will then be combined to create one unique card, for example "two of hearts."

Walk over to the case, slowly open it, take out the jumbo deck, and open it so you are fanning the cards in front of you, facing the audience. From the back you'll be able to see the card they selected, so just slide it over so it's back is showing. Announce to the audience that "one card and only one card is backwards in the deck" Remove the card, without turning it over. Place the deck down, carefully so the backs aren't revealed. Walk to the stage with the card still turned around. Ask the two volunteers to restate their card. Then slowly turn the card around and wait for the applause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:32 pm 
born to perform.

Nice...

And welcome to Penguin Town!

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 pm 
Penguin

can anyone help me find this one trick when like u get 2 spectators holding a rope. u get the rope on ur back do some dirty work or something. and like literally pull the rope through your body. this guy chris brown on youtube did it. Orbitown is his acount name.... and what other tricks are recommended and im gunna get the zombie ball. and the lean. what else? i've been lookin everywhere cant seem to find the things i want. is d'lite flight any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:19 am 
born to perform.

j1juan wrote:
can anyone help me find this one trick when like u get 2 spectators holding a rope. u get the rope on ur back do some dirty work or something. and like literally pull the rope through your body. this guy chris brown on youtube did it. Orbitown is his acount name.... and what other tricks are recommended and im gunna get the zombie ball. and the lean. what else? i've been lookin everywhere cant seem to find the things i want. is d'lite flight any good?

hmm, since you have the show NEXT year, i guess reviving this topic isnt too bad.

I made my OWN lean, with some home-improvements to it.
Here's a pic of it:

as for the d'lights, it would have to be VERY dark. I recommend finger fazers, and some loops. all the beautifulness, plus some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 pm 
Penguin

Watch The Best of Magic: Jeff Mcbride on youtube and you'll see it's not what you perform, it's how you perform it. Just get stuff that can be seen.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:09 am 
Penguin

IF you want to levitate something and make it fun : http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=3714
If you want to make it impossible the BEST OF THE BEST TRICKS : Astor's Sealed Miracle No.1 ANTIGRAVITRON... Thats prob the best levitation i came accross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:46 pm 
Penguin

58gibson wrote:
Watch The Best of Magic: Jeff Mcbride on youtube and you'll see it's not what you perform, it's how you perform it. Just get stuff that can be seen.

yeh but i never really performed magic on stage. im more of a close up guy. and soo im not used to that kinda performance. i watched the video. lol. and every1 is gonna say Edited things if i dance around and all. and i dont have tricks like those. like quick changes or w/e. i need help and hints on how to perform like a stage illsionist. cuz i deffiantly am not one of them

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.