View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's too bad. My parents divorced when I was about 7. It wasn't any fun for me, so I can't imagine what it's like to be the couple going through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I was reading a more about Criss Angel, and his dating situation lately. I thought the whole divorce thing was weird, because I didn't even know he was married. Mainly because I thought I remembered hearing about him being engaged to Mini Driver. After looking at it some more, there were quite a few sources reporting that he was engaged to Mini Driver, and that he proposed to her in Mexico. Then Cameron Diaz came around, and Criss broke up with Mini, which, I guess, tore her up.

If that is all true, which I personally believe is, then I really don't feel too sorry for Criss. Criss got himself into this mess. I think he let the celebrity life go to his head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

I figure that him and Joanne were legally seperated, under good terms. Then Dominic Barbra came along and noticed Criss making a buttload of money and wanted in on it. So he contacted Joanna and she got greedy as well.

I am not a big fan of Dominic Barbra(I know of him through the Howard Stern show). He seems like a pompous A$$ and I just don't like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:17 am 
born to perform.

Quote:
Barbara laughed uproariously at the suggestion. Then, with just a hint of a smile left on his face, he said, "I'm going to rip his heart out."

Don't give him ideas for the next series...

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:25 am 
born to perform.

fspigeon wrote:
Quote:
Barbara laughed uproariously at the suggestion. Then, with just a hint of a smile left on his face, he said, "I'm going to rip his heart out."

Don't give him ideas for the next series...

Too late, David Blaine already removed his heart on a late night TV show once upon a time…

“If this be Magic - Let it be an Artâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:00 pm 
born to perform.

$200 Million Dollars? Christ...does anyone feel jealous? He doesn't deserve that....his magic sux.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

DVLKCC wrote:
$200 Million Dollars? Christ...does anyone feel jealous? He doesn't deserve that....his magic sux.

I’m sure the $200 Million is a long term contract deal and Criss and he will not get the entire amount. It has to be distributed to everyone on the project.

If Criss was legally separated before he signed this deal - his wife is entitled to zero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

I understand better now. The money will be split with his "crew" and what not. Makes more sense. But, I am sure he will still be making a LOT more money than on his A&E series am I correct Wildheart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well you know Criss has finally made it as a "celebrity," some gold digger is trying to take him for everything. With his ego he deserves everything he gets. The ladies ain't so great now are they? Escape this one stunt-freak, your cameras won't be much of help here however. "What you see is what you get." Leave it to a lady to make your career, and all of your money disappear. "Are you ready?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The article I saw:

Criss Angel's Wife Wants to Conjure Cameron Diaz

Los Angeles (E! Online) - For his next trick, Criss Angel will attempt to explain away an alleged affair with Cameron Diaz.

In retrospect, it probably would've been easier to stick with the straightjackets.

As it is, the Mindfreaker's estranged wife is accusing the goth illusionist of mental cruelty, abandonment and carrying on a relationship with the A-list actress in a divorce filing.

At a court hearing in New York Friday, a lawyer for Angel's estranged missus, Joanne Sarantakos (Angel's real name is Christopher Sarantakos), said that he planned on making sure Diaz didn't pull a disappearing act from the proceedings.

"We're naming Cameron Diaz as his lover," Dominic Barbara said in Nassau County Court. "We will subpoena her as soon as she comes back to New York."

The maybe-duo was first spotted hanging out together in Las Vegas in May, with Angel fueling speculation of a hookup by telling People that "Cam is an amazing person."

While Diaz and Angel have been photographed numerous times together since then, neither has elaborated on the nature of their suddenly close relationship, outside of Angel descibing them as nothing more than "good friends."

Then again, Diaz was the only one of his "good friends" that Angel name-checked last month during his high-profile escape from a box hanging above Times Square.

"I'd like to dedicate this to my girl Trouble, aka Cameron. I love you, baby," he said prior to the June 5 stunt.

Afterwards, Angel attempted to qualify the remark, telling People he "just said that because everyone was hounding me about it and at the end of the day I got it out there, so my professional life is there, my personal life is here."

Well, that explains it.

Angel and Sarantakos dated for 10 years and have been married for the last five. Sarantakos accuses her 39-year-old former flame of abandoning her when he hit the big time, not just emotionally but financially, failing to provide for her once he became a star. His magic show debuted on A&E in 2005 and has become one of the cable net's top-rated progams.

Angel's lawyer denies all accusations leveled against his client, saying the cruelty, abandonment and adultery allegations were all unfounded.

"The notion that she's not being supported is simply not accurate," Elliott Wiener said in court.

Both Angel, as a stripped-down, eyeliner-free version of himself, and Sarantakos appeared in court Friday.

During the session, the judge assigned to the case, Arthur Diamond, implored the duo to settle the divorce out of court, warning them that the proceeding could drag on for up to two years inside a courtroom.

Outside the courtroom, the Mindfreak star proved he was still up to his old tricks, gesturing to his wife's lawyer and telling reporters, "I can make him disappear."

Sarantakos, however, has her own idea of how their sideshow will play.

"I'm going to rip his heart out."

I am glad I was right about this loser all along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:09 pm 
born to perform.

I read in the first news article that they were legally separated. If a couple is legally separated then they cannot commit adultery. As far as I know, adultery is not illegal and not punishable in court. (I may be wrong and this may vary from state to state).

If Criss has been spreading the love while he was still legally married than I suppose he should get the guillotine…

It’s kind of twisted enjoyment to watch the mighty fall – Like a train wreck or auto accident on the freeway… You cannot help but look.

sirbrad wrote:
I am glad I was right about this loser all along.

You’re right about this though… He is a loser!

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:49 pm 
born to perform.

I wouldn't exactly label Angel 'Mighty.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

The loyal believers would.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have put the last line in about ripping the guy's heart out. That could cause even more problems...

Criss didn't say that, the wife's lawyer did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ultimately it is the laymen audience who decide Criss' fate via ratings. It is sad however that it takes a biker jacket, bad rock star hair that went out in the 80's, and lots of MTV bling in order for an audience to tune in. As if magic is secondary to his stupid image. Most likely it is, which is why a few of the actual good magic TV shows got canceled.

People prefer "death-defying stunts of idiocy" as opposed to quality magic it seems, which does not say much about our perspective audience's intelligence/awareness as to what constitutes quality entertainment. Idiots like Angel are not helping it any, he simply makes it worse with all his BS. I also resent the statement that he has "reached the big-time." If that is the case, then any old bum off the streets can reach the big-time with a camera crew, and 100 stooges.

But I am not surprised that he would leave anyone behind, and I assume he will only get worse until his pathetic show is canceled. But I doubt the younger "hip hop" crowd will allow that, so as long as he "appears cool" to the uneducated and ignorant populace.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next