View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Criss angel rise over 300 feet
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

Sailor15797 wrote:
junedance wrote:
Magicisbest wrote:
Have anyone watch Mindfreak show? I do. Yesterday on channel A&E at 10pm I watch mindfreak show. I really shocked that criss angel can fly over 300 feet over building and light was 800*F and he not burn up. Any one know how he have done that??

Thank you
Brandon

Practice

Um, Actually, it was not criss angel up there. it was a dummy. that was the heat. and the levitation was a silent black helicopter 700 more feet above his head with a thin wire that is less than a millimeter thick, and can hold 100 kg. david copperfeild uses the same wire

You mean like the ones that the government uses to keep an eye on you 24-7?
:lol: :lol:

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:45 pm 
Penguin

any1 think of the fact it may not be wires, considering @ the end a helicopter does fly directly over top of him, and maybe he was standing on a retractable peice of perfectly clear plastic or glass? he didnt sway or anything, whichc normally he would have on wires because at that hight - there IS wind and he stayed in the direct same spot without moving his legs
EDIT : the glass could have been on an angle (not flat) so that it looks like he is hanging or levitating (sp?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:21 pm 
Penguin

anyone thinj it could be just a hologram?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:24 pm 
born to perform.

That technology is not to that kind of level yet.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 pm 
born to perform.

Wires? I seriously doubt you could use wires that high up above a building like that because of the wind. If you have ever been up at the top of any real tall buildings you know that there is always fast wind.

It also would have been like impossible to keep him from swaying because if you had wire that long there would be enough slack in it to let him sway quite a bit.

Last, if anyone thinks they know how its done, big deal, its something simple just like all magic. Magic is about the illusion not the method. And there is no need to expose the methods.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 pm 
Penguin

Magicisbest wrote:
Have anyone watch Mindfreak show? I do. Yesterday on channel A&E at 10pm I watch mindfreak show. I really shocked that criss angel can fly over 300 feet over building and light was 800*F and he not burn up. Any one know how he have done that??

Thank you
Brandon

i don't know how he levitated, but i know how he didn't burn. he didn't burn because it was 800+F at the surface of the light bulbs. it wasn't nearly that hot where he was floating.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm 
Penguin

Sailor15797 wrote:
junedance wrote:
Magicisbest wrote:

Thank you
Brandon

Practice

Um, Actually, it was not criss angel up there. it was a dummy. that was the heat. and the levitation was a silent black helicopte 700 more feet above his head with a thin wire that is less than a millimeter thick, and can hold 100 kg. david copperfeild uses the same wire

if it was a dummy, then explain how his arms moved up and down. and no helicopter that i know of can be that silent. i'm not trying to start an argument, i'm just putting out my opinion.

Post subject: Lazy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 pm 
Penguin

What I think is that half of you are too lazy to even attempt to give a decent explanation so you just say cgi, camera editing, and stooges. I personally think it was a real live performance. Whatever was holding him up, was from the bottom. He wasn't even moving at all and his feet were in a standing position. Nothing above him because the helicopter flew directly over him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:04 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
He's a demon from the 8th level of Hades. It's the only logical explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jamesjay1 wrote:
He's a demon from the 8th level of Hades. It's the only logical explanation.

9th level......sheesh :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:36 pm 
Penguin

madsciguy wrote:
Sailor15797 wrote:
junedance wrote:
Magicisbest wrote:

Thank you
Brandon

Practice

Um, Actually, it was not criss angel up there. it was a dummy. that was the heat. and the levitation was a silent black helicopte 700 more feet above his head with a thin wire that is less than a millimeter thick, and can hold 100 kg. david copperfeild uses the same wire

if it was a dummy, then explain how his arms moved up and down. and no helicopter that i know of can be that silent. i'm not trying to start an argument, i'm just putting out my opinion.

that was a computer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:29 am 
born to perform.

Lemme ask you guys a question. Ya know all of those "home video's of criss doing the levitation"? Why arent ANY of them on youtube?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 pm 
Penguin

First of all, my family has been in the glass and mirror industry for 30+ years. The platform couldn't have been made of plastic or mirror because it would've caused a glare. However, it could've been made out of mirror, but I just can't imagine a platform of that length being made out of mirror without much elaborate planning, visible seams, and alteration to the building itself. Also, if that was how it was done the platform would have been noticeable to the crowd below.

Also, light does produce mucho mucho heat, but dissipates almost ten-fold every meter. The other reason he doesn't "burn-up" is because he is wearing white, which would reflect most of the light.

How it was done, we may never really know.. But Criss Angel is an "illusionist" and never claims to be anything more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 pm 
Penguin

My 2 cents. First Cent

.01) The video posted had no relevance what so ever in this thread.

.02) i think its funny that if a layman would come on this site posting how he know you did this and tried to explain it everyone would shout exposure however since the magician that we are talking about here is famous no one hesitates to try to expose all of his tricks. Camera edits or not what he does is what he does. Just because some of you don't see camera magic as "real magic" doesn't mean it isn't you didn't invent magic and I am sure the guys before you didn't think all the Gimmicks were "real magic" but there is no leader in magic and there is only one rule don't ever tell your secrets or the secrets of others. All of you are screaming about wires but There are about there are a about 4 card tricks that I know that use IT but i can't say the name together because my post would be edited.

If Criss uses camera tricks is so that he doesn't expose it on TV but the stunts he does on TV are very possible stage effects and he is just giving people like me a chance to see something that you can only see in Vegas. So every wone should stop ruining it for the people that don't want to know how the tricks are done and just enjoy watching them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

Technically he didn’t float over 300 feet. He floated only a few feet above the apex of the pyramid. The pyramid just happened to be high.

If I did a simple levitation on the observation deck of the Empire State Building, it would still only be a simple levitation. If I performed the Hover Card on an Airplane, did I just levitate a playing card 35,000 feet?

“If this be Magic - Let it be an Artâ€