View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I just saw David Blaines special...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:27 pm 
Penguin

I just saw David Blaines street magic special and it sucked! I have been doing magic for only a year now and I figured out most of his tricks. I caught every one of his double lifts, shuttle pass, and other sleights he did. Also, he used the bite out coin and invisble deck (which I have both of them), does he buy his tricks from penguin magic??? The only effects I were amazed by was the mentalism effect were he guessed the persons card they thought of. David Blaine kept doing the same tricks over and over. He did the bite out quater like five times (asking to borrow a quater, shuttle pass to gimmick, then doing it). He did his DL trick like 5 times also. Another thing, what is with his presention?? Look, most people on this forum are way better than me at magic, so Im not trying to sound like a Know it all or somthing. But David mumbled the whole time and said like the least amount of words he could say to the spectator. He said them in the most boring tone and his eyes were almost shut. That was the first time I have seen david blaine perform (Im a Chris Angel fan) and I was not impressed at all. I am sure he has way better tricks but the Special I saw on tv sucked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

LOL, your cool!!!!!

More shops than Penguin sell Bite out quarters and Invisible Decks.

David Blaine is good, his presentation is his presentation, no need to knock him for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:33 pm 
Penguin

Its not like I am saying david blaine sucks at magic. Im just saying the special I saw wasent very good, and that I figured out most of his tricks and I am not all that experienced. If you read the whole post you would see Im not trying to brag or show "How clever I am". Just for a proffesional magician I thought that his specials would be a whole lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That was his first Special and it was a great show. It is not intended for Magicians to be entertained, it is meant for a lay audience. Most layfolk do not know about DL's, shuttle passes, The Invisible Deck, so they will be amazed. Of course you are going to pick up on these things, it;s in your nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

fatstrat wrote:
Its not like I am saying david blaine sucks at magic. Im just saying the special I saw wasent very good, and that I figured out most of his tricks and I am not all that experienced. If you read the whole post you would see Im not trying to brag or show "How clever I am". Just for a proffesional magician I thought that his specials would be a whole lot better.

THAT IS WHAT YOURE DOING

youre a magician youre going to know how some of them are done

no need at all to bash him

alright fine

wheres your magic special???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:39 pm 
Penguin

I guess your right, because when all of the spectators freaked out when He performed the card tricks, I was thinking "Why are they so amazed, he just did a DL the palmed the card". But the spectator dont pick up on those things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:41 pm 
born to perform.

you are just amazing

if i saw you perform to spectators i could say you suck because i know how its done

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK

just because you know how tricks are done gives you NO RIGHT to insult another magician

if the spec knows how its done then its not a trick is it???

you are just amazing man
......just amazing'

EDIT:

"I guess your right, because when all of the spectators freaked out when He performed the card tricks, I was thinking "Why are they so amazed, he just did a DL the palmed the card". But the spectator dont pick up on those things."

if thats your reasoning then please, PLEASE quit magic right now

i also beleive that there is a certain beauty in watching other magicians perform

i get to see diffrent styles of performance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Calm down Guardian lol. He has a right to an opinion, so go easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 pm 
Penguin

Calm down. If you would read the freakn post I am NOT TRYING TO SOUND BETTER!!!!!!!! I AM NOT SAYING DAVID BLAINE SUCKS!!! He is a great magician, way better than I could ever hope to be. But the special I saw was quite boring. The way he talked and walked around was kind of sluggish. But for only doing magic for a year, and to figure out most of his tricks on his special....

To the Spectator, they were probably amazed when He bit out a quater and read their mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Your going to figure hos tricks out because you know the basics for the tricks, its nature once you know the basics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's David Blaine's character. He's perfected his character, and sticks to it. It works for him. Not everyone is going to like it, but he was good enough to get a TV special, that is reaired over and over again. Yes, what he does may be simple, but he is good at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:40 am 
born to perform.

As has been said here, at least, oh, 2.15x10^6 times (woohoo...shoutout to Scientific Notation!), it's not the complexity of the effect or method, it's the performance and presentation that amazes and ENTERTAINS spectators (note the emphasis).

If you think that DL's and palms don't fool anyone, then why are YOU learning them? ;)

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:20 am 
born to perform.

LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLl!
just because YOU can figure out how he did most of his tricks means that he sucks?
he didnt do any magician foolers...
but id like to see you doing a bluff pass in front of like 20 people without getting caught, or doing a perfect push off DL :roll:

oh and by the way, david made millions of dollars with those simple tricks, lets see you make 10 bucks
:roll:

what a clown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
If you were a spectator, you wouldn't know what he did. He took simple things and made good tricks out of them. A DL (when presented right) can be a really good trick. You knew what he did cause you learn't all of that. So if all the people are amazed with something so simple as a DL and a palm, go out and do some tricks for people, and you will see the reactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:00 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLl!
just because YOU can figure out how he did most of his tricks means that he sucks?
he didnt do any magician foolers...
but id like to see you doing a bluff pass in front of like 20 people without getting caught, or doing a perfect push off DL :roll:

oh and by the way, david made millions of dollars with those simple tricks, lets see you make 10 bucks
:roll:

what a clown

I agree with daniel, which is strange.. but I'd put it less insultingly.