View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Real street performer getting the money
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:08 pm 

I'm posting this here instead of the Theater for a reason. I specifically wanted the other street magicians to see this. I'll probably move it later.

This is what it's about guys. He builds a crowd, keeps them, entertains them, and gets the money.

There are some unfortunate edits, but don't criticize the camera man, focus on his routine, his frequent mention of tips, his continuity with the tennis ball, all of it works to make an entertaining show.

Besides the little bits in between, how many tricks does he do? ONE. Cups and Balls.

Gentlemen, meet a real street artist, Nick Nickolas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vR6hwM37Ds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That is very nice showmanship. I didnt like the foul language with children around but it's all good, it worked for him.

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving". MUhahahahaha thats classic.

Here is a better angle at his cups and balls routine, one of the most original and brilliant routines I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAril5K ... ed&search=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm 
born to perform.

Wow. That was awesome how he was able to do just 1 routine through 8 mintues and people still loved the show. He is really good. Thanks for the post DaveV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

While he did do an 8 minute cups and balls routine, he added the running gag with the tennis ball. He made a cigarette go through his eyeball and go to his mouth. The lit cigarette dissappeared in a bill, then the bill was vanished later. He made the tennis ball appear and dissappear a few times. This wasn't a one trick routine, he actually has a very nice routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm 

That's what I meant by the "bits" None of them were really strong enough to stand on their own, but when combined with the bigger routine of the Cups (which were in view the whole time BTW), it all went well together. The difference here was instead of a bunch of tricks strung together, this was a SHOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:34 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
That is very nice showmanship. I didnt like the foul language with children around but it's all good, it worked for him.

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving". MUhahahahaha thats classic.

Here is a better angle at his cups and balls routine, one of the most original and brilliant routines I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAril5K ... ed&search=

Ha ha ha! That was funny as heck! Man he was crazy in that video,
"NO! THERE'S 1 BALL!"
"NO! THERE'S 3 BALLS! I DID IT 4 TIMES!"
Ha ha ha! Made me laugh :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:36 pm 

Nick has been busking throughout the world for years and years. He has a tremendous personality and he's a really great guy. It takes a lot of hard work and experience to make it look that easy. The humor, the lines and his personality are what sells the show.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:55 am 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
It took me a second to get this: Lit cig. is on the table. "Watch it is going to disappear. It takes a while.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 pm 

Nick is a real pro and I think that this is edited down for time. His cups and balls, like Gazzo's can run 30 minutes and hold the audience for that long. Another one to see is Danny Hustle or Kosmo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 am 
born to perform.

That was amazing. I understand the whole hat line thing that paddy was talking about in another thread now. I really enjoyed the show and the, "I know what you want to see, TENNIS BALLS!" was funny every time and it gave a reason for the ending. It wasn't a random appearance of a bunch of oranges.

-Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:47 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
Also he needs to be 97% himself and 3% Gazzo instead of the other way around. I thought I posted it after the cigarette thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 am 
born to perform.

What do you guys think of this guy? I thought that he was pretty good and all but maybe a little bit pushy at times, especially when he started talking about the tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OBh80Dqg6E.