View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:44 pm 
born to perform.

is crushed and restored soda can, the one in the list

are you refering to healed and sealed (booklet)???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

same trick, different makers. healed and sealed is the OG version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:42 pm 
born to perform.

Some one shuold sticky this before it gets really old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:42 am 
born to perform.

man, sounds like your E.T has treated you right 8)
Mine fails to work anymore, and ii grew out of my pro setup shoes.
I remember using it on a rainy day at school (I DONT RECCOMEND E.T AT SCHOOL) and we BOTH got the shock of our lives (me,spec) in a mentalism routine.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:40 am 
born to perform.

Im trying to find the PETS set-up, but seems no one has a link for the guy e-mail, But i put the permanent set-up, but i took my time and it's very well made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Street magic is my pass-time
Close-up is my passion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:28 am 
born to perform.

I think we should bump this post before it desapear :lol:
I will add a street magic protion to the guide can someone help me to find some good street efects on penguin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:29 pm 
Penguin

wait i have one question your saying that buying sts is just for fun and not really a magician then what do you call Blaine that does that trick he is not a magician? But good post get a sticky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 am 
born to perform.

I mean that you can buy it if you are a new comer, if you are not a magician and you just want to find a cool trick for cheap only for mean of amazing people, Because its easy to do and it needs no sleight of hands .But if you are a magician you can buy this trick too.

Working on the street magic portion still and some reviews video that will go with.

blizt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:25 am 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
Add a section on advice for card flourishes.

Card Flourishes
Beginners--Xtreme Beginnerz by De'vo
More Advanced--The System by Dan and Dave Buck
Intermediate--Generation Extreme by Brian Tudor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

its a good idea.
I have extreme begginers, but im not much on XCM, just brough it to know how to do twin fans :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:32 pm 
born to perform.

You should add the invisible deck under gimmicks or make a new sectioni called gimmicked decks and put

Invisible Deck, 1-way force, svengali, stripper, etc...

Also under coin gimmicks or something you could add some expanded quarter shellsor other types of shells because there very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:56 am 
born to perform.

nikiel wrote:
You should add the invisible deck under gimmicks or make a new sectioni called gimmicked decks and put

Invisible Deck, 1-way force, svengali, stripper, etc...

Also under coin gimmicks or something you could add some expanded quarter shellsor other types of shells because there very useful.

I will add the invisible deck as street magic or close-up, im not shure tough of making a gimicked portion, but id be looking for this.

thanks,

~blizt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:10 am 
born to perform.

This thread is a very good idea, but it needs to be written by someone who knows what they are talking about if it is going to be useful.

Your recommendations prove that you are just the blind leading the blind.

Where is the Tarbell Course in Magic? Where is Stars of Magic? Why is a Jay Sankey dvd in the coin section, but not Richard Kaufman's Coin Magic book or David Roth's Expert Coin Magic? Where are the Books of Wonder? No Art of Astonishment or Apocalypse? Where are Banacheck and Osterlind and Practical Mental Magic in your mentalism section? Why is there no manipulation section at all, do magicians no longer believe in sleight of hand?

This thread is a great idea, but you need to take a step back and realize that you are not yet ready to be writing this. The list of recommended books that is already stickied at the top of this forum is far better than this.

If you want to do something useful, why don't you go through the list stickied at the top of this forum, research all of those books, and format it to make it more legible and better categorized. If you did that, you would not only be doing something useful for the forum, but you would also be learning about books you might want to get for yourself too. The way you break things down into categories is far better than the way the list at the top is cobbled together, but the recommendations you make are very poor. I think you would be much more helpful if you fixed the stickied list instead. Maybe then, you could get that stickied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:04 pm 
born to perform.

odomenech wrote:
This thread is a very good idea, but it needs to be written by someone who knows what they are talking about if it is going to be useful.

Your recommendations prove that you are just the blind leading the blind.

Where is the Tarbell Course in Magic? Where is Stars of Magic? Why is a Jay Sankey dvd in the coin section, but not Richard Kaufman's Coin Magic book or David Roth's Expert Coin Magic? Where are the Books of Wonder? No Art of Astonishment or Apocalypse? Where are Banacheck and Osterlind and Practical Mental Magic in your mentalism section? Why is there no manipulation section at all, do magicians no longer believe in sleight of hand?

This thread is a great idea, but you need to take a step back and realize that you are not yet ready to be writing this. The list of recommended books that is already stickied at the top of this forum is far better than this.

If you want to do something useful, why don't you go through the list stickied at the top of this forum, research all of those books, and format it to make it more legible and better categorized. If you did that, you would not only be doing something useful for the forum, but you would also be learning about books you might want to get for yourself too. The way you break things down into categories is far better than the way the list at the top is cobbled together, but the recommendations you make are very poor. I think you would be much more helpful if you fixed the stickied list instead. Maybe then, you could get that stickied.

Expert coin magic is there, practical mental magic is there too, Maybe you should look a bit slower before you say that things that are figured are not here, if you dont trust me see the date where i last edited... If you have noticed the sticky on recomended reading and dvds as about every book on the website. I wanted a short guide that is organised with every trick linked where you can buy them, with category, so its not hard to find what you want by venues. I clearly stated in my post that I need some suggestions to make the post, people will suggest a book and a DvD and i will see if its worth putting in the guide. But what in my reccomendation is that poor? youre probably the first person saying this. The thread will be edited weekly, im still working on it... Beside I wont put books and dvd in venues i dont know, like manipulations, so im shure i dont end up giving bad informations. Well at least i will be looking on the sticky on the top of the page for good books. For the things i posted i think i know what im talking about, but some books you stated i cant post them because I personally dont have them, I know some of them.

And first of all, who said I'd want to have this post stikied?

~blizt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

Bliztmagic wrote:
If you have noticed the sticky on recomended reading and dvds as about every book on the website.

No, it doesn't. It has just about every book that should be in a magician's library. This happens to be a lot of books, yes. That's why it would benefit from being better organized and categorized.

Bliztmagic wrote:
people will suggest a book and a DvD and i will see if its worth putting in the guide.

The problem is that most people here aren't really magicians. Therefore the suggestions you are getting (and giving) suck. Most people here pretend to know far more than they actually do, and your list already reflects this. There is no hope for the list ever reflecting anything different as long as that is your model for creating it.

Bliztmagic wrote:
But what in my reccomendation is that poor?

Your list is bad because of what it lacks more than because of what it has. A list purporting to present you with must have material for magicians but lacking even passing mention of the Tarbell Course in Magic can be considered little more than a joke.

Frankly, I'm not interested in deconstructing the list to tell you everything that's wrong with it. But I'll point out a few examples of bad advice that are glaringly obvious from reading it in passing.

First of all, the entire XCM section needs to go away. Most XCM is not magic and has little or nothing to do with magic. That specialized subgenre of XCM that actually is magic is such a specialized field that I think those interested in it can find the teaching material for themselves.

The wild levitation is not a very good effect at all, specially for beginners. You could've easily put vanishing silk, scotch and soda, or even Mindfreak volume 1 (Quarter Through Soda Can) there instead, but you didn't.

Bobo and Royal Road aren't general grounding books, they are specialized books for coins and cards respectively. The greatest set of general grounding books ever written (Tarbell), is not on your list. You could've also put Magic For Dummies in that section.

None of the Sankey material belongs anywhere on this list. Jay Sankey has good material out there, but none of it deserves to be on a must-have list of any kind, except perhaps in the section for "buying for fun". Something like "In a Flash" would go good there.

Electric Touch doesn't belong on this list; it is useless to the vast majority of people and those who do have a use for it don't need your help to figure it out. If some kid took your advice and bought Electric touch, they would be wasting their money and would be severely disappointed.

Bliztmagic wrote:
youre probably the first person saying this.

Chances are, I'm also the first person who knows anything who has commented on your list. Don't let the lack of criticism fool you, if you put a bunch of people who think they know more than they do in a room together, they are going to support each others ignorant ideas.

Bliztmagic wrote:
I wont put books and dvd in venues i dont know, like manipulations,

Then it won't ever be a very good list will it? You can't know everything afterall, and if you refuse to write about things you have no knowledge of, then this means the list can never be complete.

Bliztmagic wrote:
For the things i posted i think i know what im talking about,

You may think you do, but then you would be wrong.

Bliztmagic wrote:
but some books you stated i cant post them because I personally dont have them, I know some of them.

The fact you don't have these books (or at least most of them, if not all of them) just proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

Bliztmagic wrote:
And first of all, who said I'd want to have this post stikied?

You said:
Bliztmagic wrote:
Well im going to make it worth a sticky.

This makes it sound like you want it stickied.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next