View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I need HELPS!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:53 pm 
Penguin

helo my nme is Patrick, ben doing magic for a while now i am 14 years old. i have done street magiv like David Blaine, hes awesomeness. i can do cardz, coins, and other awesome magic tricks that I have learnd off the net. all my friends and family love mw and my magic, think I am al great. there are a lot of resturonts around here and i would like to start performin at one of them to make money, I realy need money.
so what I need to help o what to use and a awesome routin and how should I aproach the people and the workiers. also maybe recomnd some great killer tricks that will make me pro.

thx ahead
8) :lol: :) :D :shock: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oh man, here we go again. I will let paddy and others take this one.

Will people ever learn. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oh Lawd, whts em Is goan dew?

Is goan rune magk fer evry1 i dew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:08 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
Oh Lawd, whts em Is goan dew?

Is goan rune magk fer evry1 i dew.

what was yhat for :?:

:( I just want to be like blaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I'm going to give you some advice. This is my ten step plan for you.

Step 1: Take an English class and learn how to speak the language properly. If you can't spell restaurant, you should not be performing in one. And if you can't talk like you're half way intelligent, then you should not even try to get a job with magic. It really is a disrespect to the art.

Step 2: Grow up some. Meaning, wait until you're older. Simply, you're too young to be working magic at a restaurant. From looking at your post, I can guarantee that you are not ready. You are not mature enough. It's that simple. You are trying to walk into something that you have no idea about. You haven't done any work on your own, and it doesn't seem like you really have tried. There is a whole forum here, that would easily answer your question. But you never even tried to look. You are not mature enough, and you will be torn up with you work at a restaurant right now.

Step 3: Get some actual books and DVDs/Videos on magic. From your post, I assume you haven't bought a thing, and are someone who has no respect for the art. So you go the unethical path, and rip off magicians, by going to exposure sites, and other sources, that don't require you pay and dues. It's an insult to the magic community, and to yourself.

Step 4: Perform for someone who isn't close to you. What your friends and family thinks, means nothing. They are close to you; they are going to be polite. If you are such a wonderful magician, prove it by showing us some videos.

Step 5: Do some charity work. Go to a hospital and volunteer your time. Go to a nursing home, and volunteer your time. Go to a retirement home, and do I need to say it again? Do some charity work, so you get a little experience. And if you're so wonderful, do some kids parties. At least there, you will probably be taken a little more seriously. In a restaurant, you simply won't be, because you're too young.

Step 6: Get a real job. Magic isn't a way to make a quick buck. Go out and get a job. Mow lawns, rake leaves, become a dishwasher. Magic is not a way to make a quick buck. I'm sick of seeing young magicians, who show no respect to the art, but using it as just a way to make some quick cash. And then screwing up magic for everyone around them, by performing horribly. If you need some money, get a job. Like I said, mow lawns if you have to. There are thousands, if not millions, of teenagers who are making money right now, without using magic.

Step 7: After you've done all of that, come back here and actually state, intelligibly, what you want. Give us some details. How long you've been in magic. What exactly can you do. The sources you've learned from. Ect.

Step 8: Practice what you know. Practice until you can't make a mistake. Make sure you could do your magic, in your sleep. No flaws, no mistakes. Make sure it's perfect, and then practice more. You're going to screw up in real performances. That's inevitable. But, you can cut back on the screw ups, by practicing, practicing, and practicing some more. Once you get sick of practicing, practice some more.

Step 9: Get some sources that tell you what you need. Jim Pace, Kirk Charles, Peter Lansing, Eugene Burger, and the Live at the Jailhouse DVD set are all things you have to research, and read. Those people have great material on the subject.

Step 10: Listen to the advice you've gotten. Don't back talk, just take it.

Simply, you aren't ready. You have a whole lot of work to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

masterpatrick wrote:
what was yhat for :?:

:( I just want to be like blaine
You will never be like Blaine. Blaine worked hard to get where he is now. You haven't done any work. And even when you do, you still won't be like Blaine. Blaine is Blaine. He's going to the be only one like him. And if you are only in magic to imitate, you will go nowhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I apologize, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to sound like Criss Rock!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:31 pm 
Penguin

Haha, we need to make these 10 steps to restaurant magic a sticky or something along the lines of explaining to all these 13 and 14 yr olds that they simply can't do magic professionally at their age and skill level.

- :shock: Will :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:38 pm 
Penguin

i dont just use net sits, i also have some greet dvds
Criss Angel Master Mindfreaks 1 & 2
Show Off with Cards
Show Off with Coins
How to Do Street MAgic
KArd Kluds
David Blaines book

i have masterd alot of the tricks in these dvds. they are awesome, but i want to advance even more, morepro like. i have also creatd some of my own efects. :P

i have taken english clases, i hate english boring class. if you cnat read thats your fault.
i am very matare for my age of 14. you dont know me. been in magic for a long rime. 7 years. :roll:
my family and freinds are honest with me and woukd never lie. i have also performed for some stranges while at school.
if i do a show at volunter i still need a rotune dont i, help me with that. plz... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Mastered, ya okay. You live in your own fantasy world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 am 
Emperor Penguin

masterpatrick wrote:
Show Off with Cards
Show Off with Coins
How to Do Street MAgic
KArd Kluds
David Blaines book
That's the best you have? Seriously, you don't even have the basic foundations of magic. You have some crappy material, and you expect to become professional? Do some darn research. Get something actually worth the money. You have pretty much nothing that would make you succeed in a restaurant.
Quote:
i have taken english clases, i hate english boring class. if you cnat read thats your fault.
First off, I've taken every English class I could. I've written stuff that's been published. I'm working on writing a couple book right now. I have no problem with reading. You on the other hand, need to learn some basic English. If you want to make anything out of yourself, you need to know grammar and spelling. You don't seem to know that. What are you going to do when you have to write out a contract for the general manager of the restaurant? What are you going to put on your resumes? How are you ever going to make a brochure, if you don't even seem capable of using the English language properly? Learning to use English properly, is a must. If you can't, you will fail.
Quote:
i am very matare for my age of 14. you dont know me. been in magic for a long rime. 7 years. :roll:
Every 14 year old thinks they are mature for their age. Want to know a little secret? That's crap. The fact is, you aren't mature enough. The fact that you can't even put a little effort into communicating properly, shows that. You've proven that you aren't mature enough. I mean seriously, what are you going to do when some lady decides to breastfeed her child while you're performing magic for them? It happens. Or how about this; what happens when you are performing for someone, and they think you're flirting with their girlfriend? They get angry, and then what are you going to do? You aren't mature enough. Trust me.
Quote:
my family and freinds are honest with me and woukd never lie. i have also performed for some stranges while at school.
Families will lie to you. And even if they don't technically lie, their opinions aren't the fairest. For one reason, they are close to you. They love you. I used to pick dandelions for my mom. She loved them. Do you know what? If I gave them to a stranger, their reaction would be different. That's how things are.
Quote:
if i do a show at volunter i still need a rotune dont i, help me with that. plz... :D
If you want a routine, learn some actual magic. Pick up a couple of books.
Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic (search Amazon for this. You can get it very cheap).
Royal Road to Card Magic- if you like cards.
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic- if you like coins.

All cheap books. But with a vast amount of knowledge hidden away in them. Study them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:45 am 
Emperor Penguin

Welcome back SmokingMonkey. That was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:00 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
I'm going to give you some advice. This is my ten step plan for you.

Step 1: Take an English class and learn how to speak the language properly. If you can't spell restaurant, you should not be performing in one. And if you can't talk like you're half way intelligent, then you should not even try to get a job with magic. It really is a disrespect to the art.

Step 2: Grow up some. Meaning, wait until you're older. Simply, you're too young to be working magic at a restaurant. From looking at your post, I can guarantee that you are not ready. You are not mature enough. It's that simple. You are trying to walk into something that you have no idea about. You haven't done any work on your own, and it doesn't seem like you really have tried. There is a whole forum here, that would easily answer your question. But you never even tried to look. You are not mature enough, and you will be torn up with you work at a restaurant right now.

Step 3: Get some actual books and DVDs/Videos on magic. From your post, I assume you haven't bought a thing, and are someone who has no respect for the art. So you go the unethical path, and rip off magicians, by going to exposure sites, and other sources, that don't require you pay and dues. It's an insult to the magic community, and to yourself.

Step 4: Perform for someone who isn't close to you. What your friends and family thinks, means nothing. They are close to you; they are going to be polite. If you are such a wonderful magician, prove it by showing us some videos.

Step 5: Do some charity work. Go to a hospital and volunteer your time. Go to a nursing home, and volunteer your time. Go to a retirement home, and do I need to say it again? Do some charity work, so you get a little experience. And if you're so wonderful, do some kids parties. At least there, you will probably be taken a little more seriously. In a restaurant, you simply won't be, because you're too young.

Step 6: Get a real job. Magic isn't a way to make a quick buck. Go out and get a job. Mow lawns, rake leaves, become a dishwasher. Magic is not a way to make a quick buck. I'm sick of seeing young magicians, who show no respect to the art, but using it as just a way to make some quick cash. And then screwing up magic for everyone around them, by performing horribly. If you need some money, get a job. Like I said, mow lawns if you have to. There are thousands, if not millions, of teenagers who are making money right now, without using magic.

Step 7: After you've done all of that, come back here and actually state, intelligibly, what you want. Give us some details. How long you've been in magic. What exactly can you do. The sources you've learned from. Ect.

Step 8: Practice what you know. Practice until you can't make a mistake. Make sure you could do your magic, in your sleep. No flaws, no mistakes. Make sure it's perfect, and then practice more. You're going to screw up in real performances. That's inevitable. But, you can cut back on the screw ups, by practicing, practicing, and practicing some more. Once you get sick of practicing, practice some more.

Step 9: Get some sources that tell you what you need. Jim Pace, Kirk Charles, Peter Lansing, Eugene Burger, and the Live at the Jailhouse DVD set are all things you have to research, and read. Those people have great material on the subject.

Step 10: Listen to the advice you've gotten. Don't back talk, just take it.

Simply, you aren't ready. You have a whole lot of work to do.

darn!! that deserves its own stickyege.
Seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 am 
born to perform.

Hehe, it edited D@mn to darn. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:16 am 
born to perform.

masterpatrick wrote:
Show Off with Cards
Show Off with Coins

How to Do Street MAgic
KArd Kluds
David Blaines book

i have masterd alot of the tricks in these dvds. they are awesome, but i want to advance even more, morepro like. i have also creatd some of my own efects. :P

by everything highlighted

OMG U R SO KOL U R A ROXOR!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next