View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Busking Plan, Please Give Advice.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:03 pm 
Penguin

Well I am planning to try busking in 2-3 years, and I am planning to get some things, and I am also planning my routine, how to gather the crowd, and my hat line.

Stuff I need

Street Cups Starring Gazzo (DVD + Book) - $49.95 - http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1419
The Art of Krowd Keeping by Gazzo (Book) - $19.95 - http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1158
Street Theatre (DVD) - $21.83 - http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1488
Vernet King Size TT - $3.50 - http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=117

I also need a pouch.

Trck Ideas

Linking Rings
Cups and balls
Cut & Restored Rope
Magicians Insurance Policy
Juggling

My Idea to gather a crowd, and my hat line

To gather the crowd, I plane on Juggling, and once I I have a good size group, I will get on with the show.

Hat line, " Thank you all for watching me preform, and if you want, after the show come on up and tack a five out of your wallet and give me the rest, Im kidding I dont want all your money, jest a small pice of it".

Well do you have any tips or a idea for a routine?

-Braady

Last edited by braady on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The routine you have to make yourself. No one is going to give you a routine. That's part of the work of busking.

Also, I would advise against getting the king size TT. It's unnecessary. Just get a regular size one.

Why are you getting music for it? I don't think that's really necessary. It just means you have to carry around more stuff. I'd say skip that as well. I hear Don Driver also has a very good DVD on the subject of busking that would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
The routine you have to make yourself. No one is going to give you a routine. That's part of the work of busking.

Also, I would advise against getting the king size TT. It's unnecessary. Just get a regular size one.

Why are you getting music for it? I don't think that's really necessary. It just means you have to carry around more stuff. I'd say skip that as well. I hear Don Driver also has a very good DVD on the subject of busking that would help.

Yep, I have mentioned it in braddy topics before, and I have written a review on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:06 pm 
Penguin

Read the sticky in the street magic forum on busking. Those guys gave me a welth of information that im sure will help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:10 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:

Alright, I took away the music, and I have a pritty big thumb, the king size thumb tips fit me good. Do you think all the books and DVDs I picked out are good, and the props, espesaly (spelling) the cups and balls. How do you like my hat line and my way of gathering a croud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:09 pm 

Braady, you first have to learn how to communicate before you think of trying busking. The misspellings are so bad I have a hard time understanding what your saying, and I speak and write in 8 different languages with 3 different alphabets. Use spell check if you have a free Google toolbar it is on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

braady wrote:
Alright, I took away the music, and I have a pritty big thumb, the king size thumb tips fit me good. Do you think all the books and DVDs I picked out are good, and the props, espesaly (spelling) the cups and balls. How do you like my hat line and my way of gathering a croud.
Do you already have a King Sized TT? The King Sized TT isn't suppose to be used for people who have bigger thumbs. The size of your thumb doesn't matter, because the TT should only fit on the tip of your thumb. The purpose of the King Sized TT is that it's longer then a normal TT. That extra space, in my opinion, is a waste.

I think before even planning your hat line or how to gather a crowd, first read the books you're getting. Celini also has some good material on the subject as well. Oh also, the juggling clubs that you're getting, suck. They are very cheap, and with a little wind, you will be in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:49 pm 

Ditch the wooden cups. One drop on pavement and they're history. I've owned those same cups. They're very tiny and very thin in places. Mine were split when I got them.

Instead, check out Andy Comic's street cups set. It comes with everything you need right out of the box, including a teaching DVD and a tested street routine.

Oh, and lose Read between the Lines too. Unless you're an insult comic on the street it won't teach you much. It's more a collection of what has worked for Gazzo and his style. For me, I'm a much friendlier person and although it was entertaining reading, there was virtually nothing in it that I would ever use. Instead, look for "The Secret Art of Magic" which will teach you everything you'll need to survive on the streets and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 pm 
Penguin

Acullty dave v I have to disagree on the andy comic cups. Well braady i don't know what your hand size is. But the andy comic cups are pretty big. If you got small hands might fumble with them. You might want to pick it up now becasue he's probably going to increase the price sooner or later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:55 pm 
Penguin

Heres what i suggest you to buy and where to get it

Michael ammar cups and balls vol 1 and 2 (Penguin)
Gazzo street cups (cheaper at the magicwarehouse)
Cellini zurich lecture, And his street performing dvd 1,2,3 (Penguin,but look around ebay becasue it's pretty expensive
Bob white cups and ball (if you want to) Penguin
Don driver building a tip (magicpitch)

A pouch (get the gazzo pouch if you can, If not try ambitous card pouch) If not try your moms pouch and cut slits into it for your belt
A table top ( Ambitous card or get a carpenter)
a stand for your table top ( Restruant supply store)
A street wand Perforably (Ebay or build one yourself)
a good pair of cups ( If you recieved your penguin cup use those) If not try bazar de magia for starters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:10 am 
Penguin

. Instead, look for "The Secret Art of Magic" which will teach you everything you'll need to survive on the streets and more.[/quote]

It would be helpfull to know who the author is and where one mighty auire this Book? Dvd? item for purchase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 am 

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about this wonderful book.

http://www.secretartofmagic.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:21 am 
Penguin

thanks Dave I think I ran accross this a long time ago and a land far far away. No but actually I did and managed to forget about it, how or why I don't know. Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 am 
Penguin

thanks Dave I think I ran accross this a long time ago and a land far far away. No but actually I did and managed to forget about it, how or why I don't know. Thanks again. I think the reason I may have dismissed this in the past is because its apparently not being produced anymore.