View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Still the problem of practicing !
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm 
Penguin

Hello ! First, I'm french, so forgive my englishes mistakes !

I begin in pickpocketing. I've allready try on my family (I succeded in stoling my brother's watch at his wrist without he realised it). But now the pay attention.
I don't want to try now on my friend because I want to be good enough to succeed in stoling them items.

So my unique possibility is to work on a fake, a mannequin, with bells on it. But shop mannequins cost well ! On a James Coat's video, he says to buy a "inflatable" mannequin. He says that it can be bought on costumes shop. But I don't find it anywhere !

Does anyone know a trick to make ourself a kind of mannequin in this goal ? (Or does anyone know were I can buy an inflatable mannequin ? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
this looks good http://cgi.ebay.com/Male-inflatable-MAN ... dZViewItem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:42 pm 
Penguin

Try on your dad :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:24 pm 
Penguin

if you do buy a manican dont show it to anyone :wink: they might get the wrong idea and dont feel bad about your english mistakes us or most americans barely speak english well! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:17 pm 
Penguin

Try Put-Pocketing?

Try it on school friends or relatives?

Watch steal using you're own wrist untill you're convinced that you can take of someones watch with out them noticing?

Buy a Mannekin of ebay or something?

Post subject: Alternative method of practice
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:58 pm 
Penguin

Chappy recommends practicing with a broom handle covered by a towel (to simulate a lifesized wrist) and wrapped in place with duct tape. Nice idea. Otherwise...practice with relatives. All you need is good misdirection. There is no way to get the watch off without them feeling it. But the point is that they aren't paying attention because you have them concentrating on something else. Learn to do the moves quickly and exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:06 pm 
Penguin

I took some jeans filled them up with towels and then I tied it to the support beams in my basement I did the same with button down shirt. I practiced for about 6 months. then I started doing it on people. i would get caught 2 out ten times when i was begging but thats all part of it every pickpocket has to go through that. You will learn from your mistakes. And when your first starting on people do easy places like the top shirt pocket or front right pocket. (those are the easiest for me) It takes time theres no magic way to practice. once you get your technique down you have to practice on people and work on your style and misdirection.

best of luck

Post subject: drunk on the dvd
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 pm 
Penguin

A thing i noticed about the james coats pickpocketing dvd, is that hes pickpocketing peple who are intoxicated, at a party, this will obviously become easier as drunk people are easily confused, or arent as sharp as when sober.

Im still having the problem of practicing, i built a manakin out of a gas mans suit/Boiler suit/mechanics suit. Americans may call them various names i have no clue, but they are effective when stuffed with old rags and tied at the cuffs and around the ankle :)

havent tried using bells, that is a wicked idea that never occurred to me. :wink:

ne one else feel that coats did have it slightly easy when ppl were drunk at that party???

Post subject: Re: drunk on the dvd
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm 
born to perform.

MagicMan43 wrote:
A thing i noticed about the james coats pickpocketing dvd, is that hes pickpocketing peple who are intoxicated, at a party, this will obviously become easier as drunk people are easily confused, or arent as sharp as when sober.

Im still having the problem of practicing, i built a manakin out of a gas mans suit/Boiler suit/mechanics suit. Americans may call them various names i have no clue, but they are effective when stuffed with old rags and tied at the cuffs and around the ankle :)

havent tried using bells, that is a wicked idea that never occurred to me. :wink:

ne one else feel that coats did have it slightly easy when ppl were drunk at that party???

There is supposedly a pick pocket school somewhere in Colombia where they train pick pockets with a dummy that has bells on all possible places you could pick pocket from...say back pockets, inner jacket pockets, front pockets, etc.. Part of the curriculum is being able to extract a wallet from the dummy without it jingling... This school is not for magicians though... it's for thieves, though i guess a Magician might benefit from personal instruction... No idea how much it costs though.

here isa a link http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2002/07/29/2002-07-29_colombia_school_for_thieves_.html

The downside would be how do you convince law enforcement if they raid, that you are a magician? Maybe we can all vouch for you :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:22 am 
Penguin

I Dont think id ever go to a school for theives, that would be a dumb idea.
it is one of the most difficult stuff to pratice, even harder than training as a proficient card cheat, a practice that i am also currently undertaking.

what does anyone else think about the james coats dvd, with the victims being drunk at a party and being more succeptable to the pickpocket?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 pm 
Penguin

still the same question over and over again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:11 am 
Penguin

go to www.indymogul.com they show how to make a stunt dummy use that if you can :lol: