View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Which would you buy?
Holster ($300) 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Ricochet ($175) 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Check this thing out
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:00 pm 
born to perform.

dont know if anyone's seen this before but if my walkaround buisness starts picking up ill definately be buying it. also, theres a $300 one (second link) with just a few extra pockets. just wondering which would you buy?

http://www.highcalibermagic.com/ricochet.html
http://www.highcalibermagic.com/holster.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I want to get the Holster. I've had my eye on it for quite a while now. I believe Wildheart has the holster. However, it really depends on what you need.

Last edited by adjones on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

the only thing is that it has a few extra pockets and costs $125 more, which is why im leaning towards the ricochet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:12 pm 
born to perform.

I would get the holster it seems better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

The only difference is, the ricochet is
made slimmer by removing the packet trick pockets (4), pocket
flaps, and the four inch square pockets (2).

^taken from the site. those things are removed, its slimmer, and $125 less. it doesnt seem like theres $125 worth of leather there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:08 am 

Niether one is worth a crap. For some really good pouches contact Frank Starsini at http://www.theambitiouscard.com He makes some GREAT stuff at reasonable prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

those would be good if i was looking for a fanny pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:16 pm 
Penguin

waaaay to expensive get jay sankeys Assassins pouch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:38 pm 
born to perform.

assassins pouch doesnt compare to what we're talking about here. assassins pouch is a tiny little thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:26 am 
Penguin

Hey everyone, Joel Broock here from High Caliber Magic. I just want to jump in and clarify a few things. First, thank you all for the interest in our line. I am working very hard on the products, and you will see it in my work. I put many hours into crafting each holster, be it a Ricochet or an Original. Believe me, not many guys out there are putting this much time into the products you buy today, especially for the price you are paying. That is a fact.

Quote:
The only difference is, the ricochet is
made slimmer by removing the packet trick pockets (4), pocket
flaps, and the four inch square pockets (2).

^taken from the site. those things are removed, its slimmer, and $125 less. it doesnt seem like theres $125 worth of leather there

It may seem like the $125 difference is a bit off to someone who doesn't have experience working with leather. Your right, there isn't $125 worth of leather there. But I assure you, there is $125 worth of work. It is a big difference of hours logged to make the Ricochet, hence the lower price. I could probably charge more for the Ricochet, but I am extremely fair with the prices. Less work=lower price....bottom line. You get what you pay for with High Caliber Magic products. I realize that few people would understand the difference in work between the two products, especially without really studying the two. It works out that I make the same money per hour for each holster, maybe a little less with the Ricochet. The Ricochet should be a little higher priced, and one day it probably will be. But I want the people who can't afford the Original to have a chance to work with my products.

It really comes down to what you need. Rest assured, both products are great and a great value. If you don't need the extra space the Ricochet is for you. If you think you need the extra pockets go for the Original. I am happy to help you by answering any questions you have. Drop me a line at info@hcmagic.com any time.

Quote:
Niether one is worth a crap. For some really good pouches contact Frank Starsini at http://www.theambitiouscard.com He makes some GREAT stuff at reasonable prices.

Hey Paddy, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm curious about your experience with my products though. I doubt you have ever tried any one of my products. I'd certainly doubt you actually tried both holsters. It sounds like you really like your pouch though! I'll even agree, Frank does have some great products. I don't now Frank personally, but I have seen him on the forums and I think he is a great guy from what I can see. If you are looking for a pouch, I would highly recommend you go to him. And that doesn't matter anyway.....I think Frank will agree here too, our products are not even comparable. The holster is in no way a pouch. If you want a pouch I'll tell you to go to Frank, because I don't make pouches. And Frank doesn't sell holsters.

You also get something unique with High Caliber Magic, a custom made product. Every piece is made when you order it. I had a guy just this week who said he wanted the TT holder on the other side, and he wanted to add change a few minor details. He wanted to know if I could modify one of the holsters to his specifications. I don't need to modify an existing holster, because his is made to order. I told him it's not a problem, and now I am building his holster to his specifications. Each and every product is made to order. So if you have a reasonable request, I can usually do it with no extra charge.

If you have questions, feel free to direct them to me as well as putting it up on the forums. I am more than glad to discuss my work with anyone. So post your question here to get your peers advice, but drop me an email too so you can get a solid answer. This place is great to discuss, and you can usually get some good help from posting here. The forum is a great supplemental tool if you know how to use it. But it can't take the place of asking the right questions to the right people.

Obviously you will get the occasional person who has no idea what they are talking about here. I can't do much but laugh and wonder if people realize how ignorant they come across on a forum. It's easy to talk crap when your hiding behind a computer. But don't go putting your opinions online like they are facts.

I don't want to go on and on here. I just wanted to let my presence be known. I am glad to help anyone in any way I can in regards to my products. And it you want to call me, feel free to call me at (818)312-2736. I'm always available to help a fellow magician.

Kind regards,
Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:48 am 

Wow, thanks for offering the Ricochet! I've been looking for something to free up pocket bulges but couldn't justify the original.

Question:
At first glance I thought Ricochet was one side only. Is this a left and right side setup like the original, only with a different pocket arrangement?

BTW, I also have a couple of Frank's pouches. Totally different things. I would consider Ricochet or the original for walkaround work with my normal suit jacket or when I'm not doing Cups and Balls, and Frank's pouch for outdoor busking work. Who knows? I might end up using both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:42 pm 
Penguin

Hi Dave,

That is the exact reason for the Ricochet. Either for people who can't justify the Original because they don't need that much, or for people who don't do enough professional paid work to justify the cost.

I do think there has been a little bit of confusion about the Ricochet being one-sided. I really need to change the photos on the website, I think. The Ricochet is two-sided just like the Original. Check this link from the Ricochet page to see the better photos. http://www.highcalibermagic.com/ricochet_pics.html
I will be changing the photos on the website, because you aren't the first person to ask if the Ricochet is one-sided. That was not a good display on my part, I apologize for the confusion.

Quote:
BTW, I also have a couple of Frank's pouches. Totally different things. I would consider Ricochet or the original for walkaround work with my normal suit jacket or when I'm not doing Cups and Balls, and Frank's pouch for outdoor busking work. Who knows? I might end up using both.

Dave nailed it with this comment. The pouch is great for busking, and absolutely necessary if you do cups. I personally do not have any of Franks products, but I do have a Gazzo pouch. I would never wear my Gazzo pouch for walk around work with my suit. I have had customers who wear $2,000 custom suits with my holsters. If you have a $2,000 suit, you probably don't want to wear a pouch or fanny pack because you know style is important to a professional entertainer. The pouch just doesn't fit with a business attire look. And that goes the same if you wear a $200 suit too. If you don't do the business attire look, maybe the pouch will be fine for you. Take a look at Jeff McBride for example, he can get away with the pouch look because it fits his character. So, if you have a unique style and the pouch works for you, great! But for many corporate and restaurant workers, the pouch look doesn't work out well. For those workers, the holster has become an accessory that they have come to recognize as a necessity.

In the end, it really comes down to what works for you. I think as Dave mentioned, there is a time when some people might end up using both. I know if I am busking.....which I don't do now. But when I do, I will be wearing a pouch and a holster, that's for sure! In times like that, I won't care if people think my pouch looks like a fanny pack, because it's what I need. But when I am in a professional environment, I want to blend in and not look like a fashion emergency!

Sorry for rambling on again..... I tend to do that!

Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:47 pm 
Penguin

njkid... I believe this is personal opinion. Based on what you carry and what you like. So choose what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm 
born to perform.

How much do you charge to ship to the UK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 pm 

Ben,
So he doesn't get accused of advertising here, can you ask that question in an email to him? He was kind enough to post it, and I'm being kind enough to let it stay.