View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Thanks adjones. I am hoping to contribute more soon, but I got very busy formulating all my old ones, and new ones into a book. I could not have done it without these forums, and all the discussions here. I will be adding the revisions as well to all the old ones already listed. It was sweet finally accomplishing another lifelong dream entirely by myself, and I now have 3 different editions of my own book. (Paperback, dust jacket, and casewrap)

It all started here, then online visions, then publishing. I am glad there are still some appreciative/intelligent members here like yourself who remember my essays, and the value of them. I worked hard for about two years convincing the higher powers to create such a forum, and the results are better than I expected. I read all the essays when I get a chance, just don't always have the time to comment as I know it would require a long and in-depth response; another thing I am known for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:12 am 
Emperor Penguin

Well, I don't exactly "remember" them per say, but I've dug them up. I love reading essays, and yours made for very good reads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:12 am 
Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
Wow, you are a very very sad joke of a magician! First of all magic has changed for the better I am proof of that! Also, some old fat guy who thinks he knows magic telling a high paid pro. about magic is a very sad joke. So grow up a little and know when you are very wrong. Better luck next time. ( By the way please stop living with your parents and having your Dad help you write come-backs its very sad)

I am NOT getting into this argument between you guys. I just came to this thread. But... how could you possibly say magic has changed for the better? With all of these sites exposing other peoples tricks to the public, and youtube giving tutorials to everyone. It is horrible. I was watching a Copperfield video the other day, and the video right beneath it revealed the same illusion that he performed. This is horrible! And most of all, new "magicians" like you are treating the pros wth a lot of disrespect when instead they could be learnng a lot from them.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:35 pm 
Penguin

Wow you guys need to take a step back and look at how magic has changed! You change with the times old man! Please stick up for yourself instaed of having other people do it for you. Yes, I am a paid professional I know thats hard for you to understand but it means i get alot more then $5 more like $300! So yes magic is going bad on the websites and such, but not everyone just looks up how to do tricks on line. Plus tricks are evoliving getting more in depth or more amazing! so if you think the better tricks are still " crap" or "bad" magic as you say, then you really dont know magic at all. By the way no ones going to read your crap book that you so called " made" probably just a bunch of old crap magic some old man trys to right. Please old man just give up you cant win a battle that you already lost just enetrring this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

Most tricks that are done are old tricks remade by the same old guys! There aren't as many new tricks as you would think that there is. And a lot of new stuff that isn't redone is crap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I am sure your definition of "high paid pro" is your mom and dad giving you $20 for a free ID on Penguin. "Ah so cute, little boy thinks he is a "magicain"(sic) Idiots like you are what is wrong with magic today. If studying bad youtube tutorials by little kids like yourself is getting with the times, I will gladly stay grounded in tradition. The best magic is the old stuff, which in fact is constantly being reinvented and resold to gullible penguinites like yourself. First I am a kid, then an old fat guy. You can't even keep that straight.

Based on your Grammar skills alone, no client is going to pay you that much money. They would have to be a complete drunken idiot to do so, and even then they wouldn't. Does your contract say "i am a high paid pro magicain?" Every now and then we get little prepubescent idiots like you who need a wake up call, this one is yours. Your badly butchered and incoherent posts are only further embarrassing you, please at least get a dictionary so you can somewhat keep up.

Only the uneducated think that there is many "new tricks," when in reality there isn't. Only variations of already existing principles. Try studying magic history instead of other little kids on youtube like yourself. Stick to your ID's and youtube videos, you won't even get much further than that. But at least your stuffed animal audience won't heckle you, although I am sure they wish they could. Please, just stick to watching MindFreak and being captivated by Criss' camera tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:22 pm 
Penguin

Wow you need to stop embarassing yourself its quite sad! For those of us that have looked outside of magic beside penguin like you. Thats what is sad is a bunch of old guys like you dont know how much magic has evolved because you wont get your face out of your computer! You dont know magic at all besides whats at penguin I am sure. So please just stop embarassing yourself. Please you are just looking more like you dont know what you are talking about. I dont think you know much about money maybe your losing your memory old people do that. Go get that checked out. $300 to $500 dollars for magic is alot of money old man!
Please just stop be careful you might have a heart attck typing so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I am sure everyone is old compared to you. (10) Considering my library consists of nearly one thousand books, none by "Penguin," I think I know a little more other than Penguin. You have proven that you are currently the biggest waste of forum space here. That is hard to do. Please at least learn Grammar above the preschool level before even trying to post on this forum. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

300 to 500 dollars for what? A show? a full day of walkaround? What exactly do you make 300 dollars doing?

You need to get a reality check. Sirbrad knows what he is talking about, you just come off as an idiot. Your grammar is rediculous, and you sound like a 12 year old who's parents buy him everything he wants. You should take what Brad says with everything you have because he does in fact have alot of experience behind his belt.

Please explain to us how magic has changed for the good. I would like to see a good long post about what you think is so good about the new age of magic. What do you think still needs improved and how do you see magic in 10 years from now?

Answer these questions in a serious post, which is legible and well written and then we will give you some respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:48 pm 
Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
Wow you need to stop embarassing yourself its quite sad! For those of us that have looked outside of magic beside penguin like you. Thats what is sad is a bunch of old guys like you dont know how much magic has evolved because you wont get your face out of your computer! You dont know magic at all besides whats at penguin I am sure. So please just stop embarassing yourself. Please you are just looking more like you dont know what you are talking about. I dont think you know much about money maybe your losing your memory old people do that. Go get that checked out. $300 to $500 dollars for magic is alot of money old man!
Please just stop be careful you might have a heart attck typing so much.

You go man!
You know so much more about magic than Brad does, he is an IDIOT compared to you!
You've been doing magic for probably 2 years, that puts all of his years of experience to shame!
Criss Angel is the best magician EVER!!

I hope I was able to put some sarcasm into that post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
$300 to $500 dollars for magic is alot of money old man!

Maybe to a little prepubescent kiddie it is. I have earned five to ten times that amount doing corporate trade shows, something you would get laughed out of "little boy." You are charging $300-$500 for birthday parties for your family? Wow, no wonder you still haven't booked a gig. I too will await your in-depth response elaborating how magic has been "evoliving."

But I don't think we will see that, especially since your intelligence seems to be regressing very rapidly, and I use the term intelligence very lightly. I should say lack thereof...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DarkLordRevan wrote:
You go man!
You know so much more about magic than Brad does, he is an IDIOT compared to you!
You've been doing magic for probably 2 years, that puts all of his years of experience to shame!

Well you finally got one supporter...oops or not. Not bad DarkLordRevan, but your spelling was far too good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:21 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
DarkLordRevan wrote:
You go man!

Well you finally got one supporter...oops or not. Not bad DarkLordRevan, but your spelling was far too good.

I know, I should have had my 5-year old neice spell it.
Actually, she probably still would have spelled better.
Oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:36 am 
born to perform.

Lets ask this of the young man! What type of magic do you do, and what are some of the effects that you do? Not what you would like to do, and we will ask questions to see if you really have the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

Little boy got scared off and rightfully so. He finally realized he was in way over his head. Unless he is taking his usual two days to respond, and seeking consultation because he is not intelligent enough to make one himself.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next