View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A WASTED EPISODE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:35 pm 
Penguin

In my opinion, the aquarium escape episode was a waste of an episode. They should have waited until he really performed the escape to release the episode. What do you guys think???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:53 pm 
Penguin

wow i just watched it and it sucked. He only did one trick????. he did some escape in the beggining and then the rest was him failing at the aquarium stunt. What a bad episode im really disappointed. he did one escape in a 30 minute show. whats up with that? However i noticed somthing in this episode. over time ive noticed criss angel saying he has no fear of death there fore he doesnt fear anything at all, he always says this on inerviews and talk shows. but on this episode one of his consultants said he admitted to fearing his death three times and then criss admited he wa afraid he was going to die........... poser lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yes a complete waste. Although I doubt he actually failed anything, this is just another "illusion" he is creating to justify future escapes, and get more people to watch in hopes to see him fail. Very clever, but still boring and uninteresting to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 am 
Penguin

I was dissappointed to see him not do it. I think he should of sucked it up and took it like a man! :D Just Kidding. I also wish that a lot of his show would not be so much build up and a lot more magic to go along with the stunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:52 am 
born to perform.

Yah man, what a complete waste of an episode! 1 effect for a 30 minute show and he doesn't even do the stunt at the end. Why the heck did they release this episode if nothing even happens in it... :evil: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

I think that he is using this as an excuse to get out of the escape buisness. He has faild at two underwater escapes, and yes he said that he fears the water. You can see the stupidity of him as he still wanted to do the escape even after the manager told him that his hearing was at risk, so she had to tell him that he wasn't going to be allowed to do the stunt at this time. Criss still has not attempted to do the cair tie under water that he tried with "Dog The Bounty Hunter". I also liked the fact that at the beginning of the show hey said that he creats all of his stuff, this clearly is a "Cannons" escape, and I will have to check there site but I think that Mark Cannon was there in a wet suit. By the way I love how easy it was to bend the font of the box which enabled him to escape in the wrong fashion, this makes it look as if, in some way that is the way to escape. This should have never been aired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:48 pm 
born to perform.

The effects he did were not impressive at all. Some stupid table escape, and a very fake looking manhole trick. You could totally tell that the women heckler for the table escape was a stooge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:00 am 
born to perform.

Angel does this crap all the time, putting lame episodes on just to add to the number of episodes for A&E. He probably does it to get more money, but if he can't actually do a full season of magic then A&E needs to make him only do specials, and not an entire weekly show.

But we have to remember we don't think like Angel, which is pretty much something like this: "this is going to be my most dangerous illusion ever, no stunt, no I mean my most dangerous demonstration yet, or actually its the most shocking and contreversial trick ever, I mean its not a trick its all for real, what you see is what you get, MINDFREAK!"

Something I wonder about is if he actually EVER performs for his fans when they ask him to do something for them, because without a doubt they ask him to levitate all the time, and for him the best choice would obviously be to do his own levitation, but its so exposed until if he did it on a regular basis for people they would have said they know it, and he would have done something about the exposure of it. It makes me wonder if he even TALKS to his fans, because eventually one would try to sound smart and tell him how he levitates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You guys fail to realize he is doing a television show portraying his life as it goes on. An episode such as this one is just the camera following him around day to day. If you only tune in to watch magic effects, you are watchign the wrong show. It is essentially a reality tv show showcasing his life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:52 pm 
born to perform.

Barely though, they really only throw in little bits of things happening to him to attempt to get more ratings, which I kind of doubt that helps a magic show's ratings anyway. Even if that was why they did it like that, the reason people watch is for the magic, not to see whats happening in Angel's life. People who like that stuff watch shows like inside edition or whatever to hear people talking crap about other people's lives. But yeah I get what you're saying, and that probably is the reason they went ahead and did it like that, plus it makes for filler as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

magikrn wrote:
If you only tune in to watch magic effects, you are watchign the wrong show.

You got that right, that is the major problem here. Magicians are looking for shows that showcase "magic," and we just ain't getting that. Camera magic, death defying feats of idiocy, and other stunts simply do not interest me. I think many tune in simply because it is the closest thing they can find to magic on TV. Just hoping to see ONE legitimate magic effect without a cutshot.

Criss came close with the appearing lady from box, but ruined it near the beginning when he had to cutaway to set her appearance up in an otherwise legitimate appearing lady illusion made from a cardboard box. He also got lucky when the flap fell back in for extra cover, but I doubt laymen would know what I am talking about as they do not know what to look for. But cheats in the sense that he uses the camera to make effects look sparkling clean from beginning to end.

If Criss is entertaining laymen that is fine, it is just too bad magicians can't be entertained as well. The last time that happened was Mondo Magic, which was quickly canceled of course. So I guess for now we have to stick to classic DVDs and Lectures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

They need to have another World's Greatest Magic series of shows again. For a while they were on quite frequently. I would like to see who NBC considers the greatest of magic this day and age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah I still have many of the old shows on tape. I liked some of the close-up segments as well. There was also "Champions of magic."

Last edited by sirbrad on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ah yes, I believe Lorenzlo Lamashosted one of those with the ever gorgeous Princess Stephanie of Monaco. I miss the old days......Now its youtube for magic mini-segments.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yes! Princess Stephanie, Amazing Jonathon, Mac King etc. I have that episode on VHS still. I even liked J.B. Ben's performances of "card through table cloth" where he used water on paper to make the "table cloth" transparent for a revelation. This was before he started mimicking Blaine badly on Mondo Magic. "Look watch look look OK watch ready look..."

Heck I even miss the Masked Magician! I had a large increase in bookings during the time of his so-called "exposure."