View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

I think that's great (the one about the birthdays)!

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 pm 
Penguin

I just do what cyril does.

"you like it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:38 pm 
Penguin

lol i should say that whenever my brother asks me that (it gets on my nerves) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:33 am 
Penguin

I always say: "If I tell you they will kill me."

Can you keep a secret?

Yes, yes!

Well too bad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm 
Penguin

i picked this up from criss angel.

first off, dont just do a trick, seem like your really doing this, present your tricks as a supernatural happening. when they ask how you do something, just stare at them with a small smerk, maybe even tell them that "its magic" you dont want the idea that you just did a trick or illusion, you never say let me do a trick. begining, middle, and end of a trick, you want you audience to believe that what you did is completly real. and for the non believers, they can try to explain your trick till they are blue in the face, but there is never 100% evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
Penguin

when someone says, "How did you do that?", I say "MAGIC!!!!!!" it works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:23 pm 
Penguin

If you have card stunts by Gregory Wilson his whole routine is based on"mis-direction" although he doesn't use it. In his jack and ace transpo he says "Ireach for a drink and thats the misdirection" (not that it is but your spectator doesn't know it.) You can also put comedy into it as he did by saying"I reach for the cocktail waitress, get slapped, and that is the misdirection"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:21 am 
Penguin

When a spectator asks how did you do that, it is kind of a compliment that shows their amazement and curiousity. But if they ask I just say "a good magician never reveals the secret".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:06 pm 
Penguin

If someone asks me how I did a certain trick, I just say "practice"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:57 pm 
Penguin

through years of tedious practice and self denial......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

This is a question I get asked the most I reckon and I've a couple of answers I use as stock.

"Practice" is my favoured answer, usually followed by the question "where do learn it all" answered by the truth.

"You know I can't tell you that" is often used as well, I feel it's polite enough while still maintaining the control of the situation.

"I've honestly forgotten" is the one I'll use if I wish to be a little more dismisive. If someone pesters and I can tell they're being irritating over appreciative (as someone pointed out quite nicely a few posts ago, lots of times this is a question asked in a kind of not-sure-what-to-say-to-the-magician-but-want-to-say-he-was-really-good way) then I just think about it for a few seconds and say with a sigh, "I've honestly forgotten, sorry". If they ask again I just keep it up til they get bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:53 pm 
Penguin

Just say, " I watched the Illusionist..."

Post subject: Re: "How did you do that?!?" I got a great answer.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 pm 
Penguin

RAngel wrote:
Alright ... the phrase all spectators say after just watching an awesome trick, "How did you do that?!?"

I have the best response to that ... You kinda whisper to them, "Can you keep a secret?" And of course they will say yes, then you say in normal voice, "well ... so can i!" and just kinda joke around with them.
whew.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:17 am 
Penguin

Sailor15797 wrote:
RAngel wrote:
Alright ... the phrase all spectators say after just watching an awesome trick, "How did you do that?!?"

I have the best response to that ... You kinda whisper to them, "Can you keep a secret?" And of course they will say yes, then you say in normal voice, "well ... so can i!" and just kinda joke around with them.
whew.

"Spam
Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages (1 word comments, single or numerous Emoticons) to increase your post count is highly frowned upon. This includes such things as two-word "I agree" or "me too" responses, continually posting the same topic on a particular board, and posting the same question across several boards."

***EDIT***

Though emoticon quote periods are great (WITH SUBTLE HINT OF EXTREME SARCASM).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:53 pm 
Penguin

mombourquette wrote:
Sailor15797 wrote:
RAngel wrote:

whew.

"Spam
Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages (1 word comments, single or numerous Emoticons) to increase your post count is highly frowned upon. This includes such things as two-word "I agree" or "me too" responses, continually posting the same topic
on a particular board, and posting the same question across several boards."

***EDIT***

Though emoticon quote periods are great (WITH SUBTLE HINT OF EXTREME SARCASM).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next