View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Hows my grammer and spelling, ect...?
Great A+ 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
O.k. B+ 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Poor C+ 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:16 am 

bLiNdSiDe, WOW!! The Order of Merlin! That is an achievement.

I do agree with your philosophy of trying to help the kids put professionalism into our art. But, there are times, and certain kids, that reminds me of the old saying; "never try to teach a pig to sing. It is aggravating to you and only makes the pig angry." Seems that Tay has been told so many times about his site and all he does is get defensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:18 am 
born to perform.

long time since i talked in this fourm, but this week, i'm working on the site so stop saying, "Tay, you need to fix your website. There are MANY errors." Just stop if one person tells me then I know, no need for everyone to tell me.

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

Taylor, this is a thread which you, yourself started...asking for guidance. Myself and others have tried to give you that guidance. Since you started this thread, you have deleted your Website url from your Profile. This suggests to me that you do not want any other Forum members viewing your site. Fair enough, I will not post the url...in hopes you really mean what you say.
In order to be a successful Magician, you must strive to do your best. In matters little about your age. If you insist of having a website, make it Professional...not something just thrown together on a whim. Continue to practice our Craft, and represent our Magical Community with pride. If you keep trying, you're bound to get there, brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 pm 
born to perform.

See what you all dont know, exepet Fallen, I'm about to go into my restaurants and asking for the job. This theard is about 4 months old, and i've been praticing alot since then. So thanks

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:43 pm 
born to perform.

This might be a kind of irrelevant question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. Actually I have two:

1. I don't know if you guys know the resturant Chevy's. But it's a Mexican Resturant that everybody loves. I'm just thinking, of performing there. What do you think?

2. The Restaurant pays you plus the tips you get from the customers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:09 am 

SirJonIV wrote:
This might be a kind of irrelevant question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. Actually I have two:

1. I don't know if you guys know the resturant Chevy's. But it's a Mexican Resturant that everybody loves. I'm just thinking, of performing there. What do you think?

2. The Restaurant pays you plus the tips you get from the customers?

From this post and the last post about business cards, I wonder about you SirJon. Are you old enough to be entertaining in restaurants? You come across as a young (around age 10 to 11) person. Please let us know who we are dealing with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:50 pm 
born to perform.

I'm 13. But I still don't think I'm able to perform yet at that age, although I'm mature... I'm waiting unitl I turn around 15+. I'm just really interested and preparing 2 years ahead.

-JonJon :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:36 pm 
Penguin

Anyone on this thread tanking the original poster a question for all of you (Paddy excluded here)...

How many of you actually perform in restaurants?

I'll wait anxiously to see the results.

-Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

RobertBloor wrote:
Anyone on this thread tanking the original poster a question for all of you (Paddy excluded here)...

-Robert
I've been performing in a couple of restaurants around 2 years now. I had also done a lot of research on the subject as well though. And I will even admit I could have waited longer.

Paddy's advice though has helped a lot as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Order of Merlin eh? How old are you? I would have received mine about 2 years ago, but I left my membership expire in the past a few times due to other financial obligations. All that "consecutive" crap is just a money scheme to keep you in each year. They should go by time served, not consecutive time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:37 pm 
born to perform.

wow... OLD Topic post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
RobertBloor wrote:

-Robert

A year and a half to the day! :lol: Although I do agree with paddy...even after researching and practicing for months and months I still wish I'd waited longer, but hey, it's a living...

Quote:
See what you all dont know, exepet Fallen, I'm about to go into my restaurants and asking for the job. This theard is about 4 months old, and i've been praticing alot since then. So thanks

-MagicTay

Practicing what? Certainly not your grammar :lol: . So basically you:

Asked a question

Was given an answer

And then (regardless of what everybody said) decided to go for it anyway...

They say that kids younger than you are more open to things and don't think new ideas are dumb...But, I am only 15 and that STILL sounds stupid. Is it just me?

Please don't start working there and ruin it for all of us...show some respect to the art you are abusing...

-Trix