View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My last event for the summer!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 pm 
born to perform.

Summer's wrapping up and my last event for the season is coming up. Figured I'd do a suspended upside-down SJ escape with a burning rope. Word is out and getting lots of buzz. I'm sure it will go over GREAT! Anyone else got events coming up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am 
born to perform.

No one else any events coming up? For as many posts are in this forum, you'd think someone actually performs occassionally. Anybody have any events or shows over the summer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I usually do have shows during the summer... but I decided to take a break and work on my book.

I do have a few small shows later this year though at a local college.

I actually did have a big escape planned (not announced though) for the summer, but the weather wouldnt work with me, and other things got in the way. No big deal, I got alot of other things done. I will always have next summer, and more practice never hurts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I actually don't have any other performances this year. But that's on purpose. I'm spending some time writing a couple books (hopefully finishing up a couple of them). And I have to create a new promo kit. So I decided to take the rest of the year off and focus on that stuff. Next year though, I do have a stunt planned. Nothing as large as yours (which I hope goes very well) but a little something. I've been training for it quite some time. What the plan is right now is to do an underwater strait jacket escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

Cool. I did the Underwater Straitjacket Escape last year and ended up breaking the World Record. I wish you the best with that!

I've actually had to change my upcoming stunt. I've had LOTS of problems with the insurance companies of the crane provider allowing me to hang from the crane. So instead, I'm going to be in the straightjacket, locked in a crate with chains and padlocks, then have the lid nailed shut and hang the crate from the burning rope. I've added an illusion twist to it and am going to do a vanish and the insurance company approved that one, so it's a go. Hoping to generate lots of publicity with this event. Have a few newspapers covering it, lots of TV stations and radio stations and a couple of magazines. Hoping to increase my bookings as well as my worth. The more popular you are and familiar you become, the higher the fees you can get.